View Single Post
Old Sunday, November 09, 2014

sharp mind is on a distinguished road
Smile Confusion in Control Mechanism ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz View Post
Both the members Rush and Saamboy have already guided you better. To elaborate further:

Broadly speaking, accountability is part of control since control may be either internal or external. When it is external control it often resides in the ambit of administrative accountability.

However, if we minutely distinguish both the terms in varying contexts we can easily find out a thin line between both the concepts.

Controlling is part of routine management/administration process. Simple process flow of mgt/admn is as follows:

1. Planning (What to achieve i.e. objectives, goals)
2. Organizing (With what to achieve i.e. Resources management)
3. Directing (How to achieve i.e. directions, guidelines, line of action etc.)
4. Controlling (Whether being executed as planned or not? or targets/goals being achieved as perceived/planned or not?)

Controlling:
Control is carried on simultaneously while work is being done through its various stages to ensure matching of planned performance and actual performance and to suggest corrective actions when needed.

Administrative Accountability:
Administrative accountability means liability to give a satisfactory account of the exercise of the power of discretion vested in some authority to which it is due / compliance with the established rules and procedures.

Administrative accountability as a process is performed after the job is done (comes after the completion of above mentioned process flow i.e when all the four stages have been completed) and is often an exterior phenomenon.

For instance, the civil servants are accountable to the political executive and courts of law. Civil servants though not directly accountable to the public or their representatives but there are vigilance authorities/ Ombudsman to keep a check on them. They are accountable to public indirectly for their actions/exercise of authority through the political executive (who are answerable to Parliament for their Ministries) and Courts of Law.

DIFFERENCE:
ACCOUNTABILITY happens after the job is complete/work has been done whereas CONTROL is performed simultaneously as the work is being done side by side.

Wish you good luck.
Sir Fayaz sahab, here, i want to about control mechanism system and how can we make it strong in order to remove maladministration and dysfunctional ? Please explain it in detail if possible.

Regards.