Thread: Distinguish
View Single Post
Old Saturday, December 06, 2014

Yasrab Sikandar Kalhoro is on a distinguished road

Isotopes:Isobars

Isotopes
These are the elements having same atomic number but different mass number. They have the same atomic number because the number of protons inside their nuclei remains the same.The difference in their mass number is due to the difference in their number of neutrons.

Isobars

Where Isotopes are chemically the same and physically different, the converse is true in Isobars. That is isobars are elements, which are chemically different but physically the same.So, isobars are atoms of different elements having the same atomic mass but different atomic
number. Since their number of electrons is different, their chemical properties are different.The light nuclei have unstable isobars. Heavy nuclei have stable isobars and these occur in pairs. Suppose the number of protons of one isobar matches with that of another they are called as mirror-nuclides of each other.

Autopsy & Biopsy

Autopsy:

i) An autopsy is the dissection and analysis of a dead subject.
ii) , autopsies are limited to the deceased and there are two kinds of autopsy; External examination and internal examination.
iii) Autopsy is performed for medico-legal purpose.

Biopsy:

i) A biopsy is a medical test in which cells, tissue, or fluid is removed for examination.
ii) Biopsy is not limited to only living people because they are routinely taken from organs that are going to be used for transplantation.
iii) Autopsy is performed for diagnosis purpose.

Hard water & Heavy Water

Hard Water:

i) Hard water is that type of water which does not form lather easily.
ii) Its formula is H2O.
iii) Hard water is not used in nuclear power plants.

Heavy Water:

i) Heavy water is deuterium oxide in which hydrogen of water is replaced by its heavier isotope, Deuterium.
ii) The formula of heavy water is D2O.
iii) Heavy water is used in nuclear power plants.