View Single Post
Old Tuesday, December 09, 2014
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,122 Times in 674 Posts
mhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhmmdkashif View Post
In simple terms, religious knowledge which is the only thing Muslims had in order to keep faith alive is wanning in modern age as traditional form of organization is outdated
Therefore what happens is people are judged on the basis of personal loyalty and subservience. In my understanding this goes for all Islamic states of today which is why they are the most discriminatory to their own people . Ofcourse it's necessary to judge people, the scale Muslims use to judge has gone very bad .

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAO RAMEEZ View Post
It's also mainly because we inject our most unintelligent brain in that organization or sometimes a crippled one. Bright ones are kept aloof to avoid development of any ascetic characteristic with desire to get a money making machine.
Religion in turn gets more crippled and the bright ones end up in a state of some cardiomyopathy as a result of lost hopes of getting comparatively higher riches.
Essence of both the forms of organizations lies dead.
I hold other reasons for that, basically on a grand scale Muslims held back modernization until it has come to a head. So it seems Muslims are still in a state of shock as to how others, basically Christians and Jews (which are considered lower faiths than Islam) from Islamic point of world view , made that much progress. Perhaps many Muslims still believe it's artificial and won't last long thus they don't behave like taking it seriously, but obviously it seems they feel the need to modernize now. But the thing about Islam is it has the tendency to adopt to whatever time and circumstances it's presented with, so in Islamic societies it seems the whole religion is taking modern discourse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterious me View Post
If i say that islam is nowhere found i mean at state level.
basically I base my views on assumption that there is no such thing as Islamic state and an Islamic state and nation state are self contradictory. Islam is better when it works like a message from God for the whole of humanity to create a sense of brotherhood, harmony and unity across cultural and national bounds. So basically what is perceived as Islamic state particularly in Pakistan is the period starting from Holy Prophet (SAW) to khulafa e rashidun when early Muslims organized themselves to spread the message of God. And as soon as that message spread across various cultures and civilizations they started absorbing it, thus what you have today is Muslims of various national origins all of whom have adopted Islam differently in their daily lives, for example a Saudi Muslim is different than a Pakistani Muslim even if they are both Wahhabis . But as soon as Muslims created a state out of Islam its power started decaying and disintegrating, monarchies started and cultural and racial rifts start becoming more prominent as well as sects started emerging as a form of internal unrest and revolts as Muslims then started pursuing imperialism rather than spreading the message, because in a state you have a government which has a seat of power, a bureaucracy and a lot of politics and then people are bound to use religious teachings for power and imperial pursuit which is what happened. Thus today a Saudi treats a Pakistani almost like a subhuman . Nevertheless it was natural for people to do that, and even prophet (saw) had envisioned that . In today's post nation state global modern age it would be better for Muslims to actually attempt to understand Islam as a message of submission before a merciful monotheistic God and then apply it in their lives, not as a tool for creating a state and projecting power, because it won't work, other states are much more powerful .

Last edited by Amna; Thursday, December 11, 2014 at 09:42 AM. Reason: merged/chain posts