View Single Post
Old Monday, January 19, 2015

mysterious me will become famous soon enough
Default Uneasy lies the head, that wears a crown-1992

With authority comes a lot of responsibility. The charm of authority is inviting but the unending liability attached with the authority makes it bothersome. The headaches of power are many, it makes the person responsible for those who are ruled.

The king of a state has a power over the fate of his subjects, but, the security, the basic needs, the justice and general well being of masses is his duty. At the cost of his personal life and hobbies, he have to spend time pondering over the matters of his subjects. The common man may gets contended after feeding his own family members. The king on the other hand have to think beyond that which makes him difficult to rest.

The all in all of a family is its breadwinner. He is considered the king of his own house. Here also, uneasy he lies in his bed thinking about the future of his kids while the whole family enjoys the deep sleep. In times of financial crisis the breadwinner mostly sacrifice his own share to fulfill the needs of the rest of family.

To lead a bunch of people is deemed prestigious. Nevertheless this prestige comes at the cost of personal ease. In case of a dual between two teams, the onus of loss or win is mostly put squarely on the shoulders of the captain. It is the captain of the ship who is followed by everyone and yet he is the one who is held responsible for drowning of ship.

Founder of Pakistan, Jinnah, who is crowned as the father of nation is the perfect example of this paradox. He was given the authority over muslims of india by muslims of india. To come up to the expectations of his countrymen, he had to set aside his comforts. Despite suffering from TB he could not rest because of the herculean task bestowed upon him under the guise of prestige.

Hence, "power over few" is a devil of a job. It is followed by unremitting series of differnet kinds of worries.
haseebbaloch (Monday, January 19, 2015), htchero (Monday, January 19, 2015)