View Single Post
Old Tuesday, February 12, 2008

azix_zee is on a distinguished road

I, being myself as lecturer in Political Science in a Govt: College, experieced that kind of behaviour & attitude. We have 22 memebers teaching staff, 6 of them working on six month contract basis ( include myself) 3 on daily wages basis and the rest on regular/permanent basis. Would you believe it or not that one of my student, a leader of Political Students organization, took most of my classes with great interest & readily involved in discussion with me about the politics of the country. He would even come to attend the classes like law which was not included in his combination of subjects. Strangely, I found him very tolerant of other parties in the college at the end of the year.
My attitude with students is not that of teacher-student relationship. I, honestly speaking and swear, told them when I was appointed earlier in Sep 2005 that I'm not your teacher. I'm just like you a student and we will learn from each other experiences. About 80% students have very close relationships with me.
As a matter of fact, we should not call ourselves teacher. That should always be the prime consideration while teaching. We should treat them like friends. thanks