Sunday, April 28, 2024
02:14 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Tuesday, February 12, 2008

awais_666 is on a distinguished road
Smile Behavior of Teachers

In my life I have met many Senior Teachers, Professors and lecturers and i respect all of them

and in since few years i have met many Junior Teachers and some of them have become friend of me

I have seen two negative behavior of many senior teachers and wanted to know your comments on it

1. Few Senior Teachers fail the student if they have any kind of issue on them even i have seen some teachers marking the role numbers and names of the students to remember them in future its just like playing with the lives of students(issues like shortage of attendance, not submitting assignments, arguing alot, even i have seen female teachers getting jealoused by the other female students)

2. Few Senior and Junior Teachers take students as childrens as showing strictness or superiority and they do not like to make discussions with the students believe me all of students find very boring these kinds of teachers since last 3 years we have been with many junior teachers and believe me they were quiet frank with us and because of that we never hesisated to ask anything even they share there personal lives with us to interact and made us easy to understand and get good marks in there subject isn't that would be effective way of communication to get informal with the students?(I was a shy guy always hesisated to ask questions but with the help of these kind of teachers i got positions in the exams and self confidence also and throughed away my shyness would like to thank all those teachers and also thanks to other kind of teachers)
akhlaq (Saturday, April 19, 2008)
Perfectionist!!
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Best Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason: 2011Moderator: Ribbon awarded to moderators of the forum - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,345 Times in 584 Posts
marwatone is a splendid one to beholdmarwatone is a splendid one to beholdmarwatone is a splendid one to beholdmarwatone is a splendid one to beholdmarwatone is a splendid one to beholdmarwatone is a splendid one to beholdmarwatone is a splendid one to behold

Hi

I agree with you awais_666. Teacher's behaviour can make a positive change in student's behaviour. And my teachers were same like your's and I was too a very shy person.

I am in United States now and you know when I went to school here what differences I found? Well there were too many differences.
Here teachers encourage you to speak and they have participation points and if you don't speak in class you will not get these points. They talk with you in a manner that you want to speak.In Pakistan I was shy because I was afraid of my teachers, you know when you tell something wrong, they will tell you that you are wrong and will say why you told the wrong answer when you didn't know the right. But here when you told wrong the teachers are not going to tell you that you are wrong but will say" Yeah that was nice but if you say like that ,so it would be better but you did nice job" and that's the way they encourage you to speak even you don't know you are right, they only want your view. I told my teacher that I have problem with my grammer and she helped me a lot and still helping.

One other thing that you also mentioned that the techers should be friendly. That case was not in Pakistan with me but here every teacher is like a friend, they talk like a friend , they act like a friends, they even don't show that they are teachers but still we repect them. But in Pakistan teacher are very reserved and they think if they talked with students friendly then they will not respect them.

I liked and loved my teachers that I had in Pakistan and they were really very nice. I really respect my teachers, doesn't matter how they are, because teacher is a teacher but the teachers I got here are really very nice and friendly.

I know many people will disagree with me but,please don't misunderstand my post, because that was the truth I found.

saadshafiq is an unknown quantity at this point

here in Pak... teachers r not well trained.... teaching is a specialized field of study... but in Pak.. whoever is educated goes for teaching...none of them go throught teacher training courses.. they r not well versed with the psychy of the students. and 2ndly the teacher s r the most ignored part of our society regarding their pays.... economical factor is also a reason for their behavious... if a teacher isnt mentally satisfied how can he be a good teacher.. a lot factors... as pakistan is a developing...rather underdeveloped country..

Talking To Saad Shafiq

Well I have also mentioned that senior teachers and even professors and lecturers are also involved in these kinds of negative attitudes i am not only talking about schools i am also asking about the colleges and universities you know i dont remember anything which i have learned in my college days because they were very boring and i never got interested to study anything told by the teachers but i remember many things learned in my last 3 years because the junior teachers and also some seniors too they gave us many real life examples and asked for our comments our presentations even in my life i never go out on stage but in my first year of study in last 3 years the teachers encouraged me and i was on the stage i was very scared but believe me i did well and i never had any presentation skills or speaking skills and yes to marwatone some teachers do the same thing here as marwatone is asking about the american teachers but all of them are junior teachers and Mr. Saad Shafiq i dont think lecturers and professors are low paid or unexperienced well tell me one thing i am also a student how i observed the behavior of the teachers????
so that why can teachers understand the psyche or behaviors of students even our managerial communication professor doesnt have proper skills of communication? all class get emptied in his lecture

PHARM will become famous soon enoughPHARM will become famous soon enough

@ awais 666

U r absoleutely right, here the behaviour of many teacher are very bad especially in colleges, in school, one thing i noted the most, is favourism,,, that if a teacher like some student, he or she will prefer him or her among the whole class, there are few teacher who are really kind on all class,,

@ marwatone,,
I was not a shy girl, in my school days , i spend whole lecture while asking the question, to my favourite teacher and she answered me in such a manner, k dill khush ho jata tha,,

but i ever asked the question, to those teacher , about whom i was sured that, she will not disappoint me,,
But to other teacher's lecture, i used to sit silently,,.

My school teacher was so nice, that i can't describe . but not all..

once a teacher gave me a slap,, jo main sari zindagi kabhi nahi bhool sakti,, yar Qasam sy , baht dard hoa tha,, uff mera gal blood red ho gya tha....

but other teacher always used to say me,, "meri beti"

In college ,, there was a teacher, who was always kind on me, She never misbehaved me, but even she never answered me,,
When ever , i asked any Question to her,,( for example, about logical reason of something) she always asked me,,

Apka kya khayal hy, kya reason ho sakti hy

once i asked him,, ma'm Agar mera koi khayal hota to main ap sy Q pochti,, after tht she never asked me this sentence again.
in college, there was another teacher,, jinko mjh sy KHAMKHAWA
ki dushmini the,, she was our Urdu teacher,, although i was brilliant student, in this subject,, i always got highest marks in this subject, but she remained unhappy with me,, (i don't know the reason)

in university,,, Na POCHO DOSTO,, KYA HOA, HAMARAY SATHH

in first prof, there was a teacher, who was in habit to expell the student out of class, who asked any Question to him,,

i was not aware about his CUTE HABIT,, in third lecture, a girl asked Question to him,, an he orderd him to get lost from class,,
Every one was shocked,, k uss bichari ny kiya kya hy

After lecture, "i asked Sir it is not fair" Sir asked,, "not fair"

I said firmly, "yeah not fair,, what she did?

Sir,, yeh student samjhty hain k teacher ko kuch nai ata,, iiss liye yeh sawal pochty hain,,

i said,, no sir,, aisi bat nahi,, hum to pochty hian, k kuch samjh nai ata,, apko let down karny k liye nahi pochty"

After 5 or 6 lecture, i was also out of class, on asking a Question,,
and u know , what i asked,,

Sir What's that word on board,, i am not able to read it clearly.. and

He ordered me to get out of class..

Marwat u say, that u respect ur teacher whar ever they are,,
But i can't respect tht person, who is not loyal to his profession,, teacher ka kam parhana, aur most of the class ko satisfy karna hota hy,, lakin aisy teacher jo,, Question pochny par class sy bahir nikal daity hon

Jo Glucose ka formula likhty hoy,, 6 dafa book ko daikhin,,

jinhain khud yeh na pata ho , k wo kia parha rahy hain,, unki ezzat karna mery liye khasa mushkil hy...

azix_zee is on a distinguished road

I, being myself as lecturer in Political Science in a Govt: College, experieced that kind of behaviour & attitude. We have 22 memebers teaching staff, 6 of them working on six month contract basis ( include myself) 3 on daily wages basis and the rest on regular/permanent basis. Would you believe it or not that one of my student, a leader of Political Students organization, took most of my classes with great interest & readily involved in discussion with me about the politics of the country. He would even come to attend the classes like law which was not included in his combination of subjects. Strangely, I found him very tolerant of other parties in the college at the end of the year.
My attitude with students is not that of teacher-student relationship. I, honestly speaking and swear, told them when I was appointed earlier in Sep 2005 that I'm not your teacher. I'm just like you a student and we will learn from each other experiences. About 80% students have very close relationships with me.
As a matter of fact, we should not call ourselves teacher. That should always be the prime consideration while teaching. We should treat them like friends. thanks
Economist In Equilibrium
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: she won the Essay competitionBest Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason: Best ModMember of the Year: Awarded to those community members who have made invaluable contributions to the Community in the particular year - Issue reason: For the year 2006

Qurratulain has a spectacular aura aboutQurratulain has a spectacular aura aboutQurratulain has a spectacular aura about

@awais

I'm not sure if this is a general behaviour, but yes, I've experienced same sort of behaviours during my academic life. Being an educator for sometime I myself had very good terms with all my students, which I think some senior professors didn't have with same students. This doesn't mean at all that I was a very good teacher or particular seniors were not so good, instead the thing I came up with is 'generation gap & understanding'. See, I belong to the same age group as of my students so I know what they think, how do they perceive things, what actually they want things to be like etc and act as according or probably I myself want things in that way, while a senior teacher perceives things according to his experience and age group. Here senior teachers' approach may be far better than that of mine, but for students I'm the best teacher as I understand them.

Last edited by Qurratulain; Tuesday, February 12, 2008 at 08:48 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Qurratulain For This Useful Post:
amy (Tuesday, February 12, 2008), irum (Tuesday, February 12, 2008)
Perfectionist!!
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Best Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason: 2011Moderator: Ribbon awarded to moderators of the forum - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,345 Times in 584 Posts
marwatone is a splendid one to beholdmarwatone is a splendid one to beholdmarwatone is a splendid one to beholdmarwatone is a splendid one to beholdmarwatone is a splendid one to beholdmarwatone is a splendid one to beholdmarwatone is a splendid one to behold

@ PHARM

Quote:
But to other teacher's lecture, i used to sit silently,,.
Bhai agar banday ko agar saray teachers hi aisay mil jaye to phir woh kiya kare.

Quote:
once a teacher gave me a slap,, jo main sari zindagi kabhi nahi bhool sakti,, yar Qasam sy , baht dard hoa tha,, uff mera gal blood red ho gya tha....
Jo baat hum ne nahi kahi woh aap ne keh dee. Aisay haadse hamaray saath bhi kayi martaba ho chuke hai.

Quote:
Jo Glucose ka formula likhty hoy,, 6 dafa book ko daikhin,,
Maashallah hamaray maths k teachers to hamesha se hi aisay hi rahay hai jo study guide hi class main le atay thay. Jo khud study guide istimal karthe ho,woh hamain kiya sikayeigay. Tabhi to mujhay sari umar(I mean abhi tak) sahi tarah se maths karna nahi aaya.

touseef4pk is on a distinguished road

you r very much right in ur words. Here, i would emphasize on the fact that some teachers keep student at arm's lenght thus creating a kind of communication gap. Teacher's foremost responsbility is to impart knowledge to students in an intimate and convenient manner.
But i am extremly sorry to say at times when student intends to explain extra dipiction about something, either they are categorically discourged or ignored instead of giving them due encourgement.
Old Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Lightbulb

Dear Qurratulain
i want to clear one thing i am not blaming anyone for anything i am just sharing my experiences i havent took name of any person and i have also appreciated the work of teachers i have just given few reasons and suggestions my aim isnt to hurt anybody just gave some suggestions with which our education system can improve so please dont take it personally and if my post has hurted your or any other teacher's feelings then i am sorry about that

DEAR PHARM

you are lucky you just got slapped once we got so many punishments in our lives that i should say that kind of behavior is done with the criminals in jails like you have heard about the guantanamo bay jail tortures i also took many beatings like that and still i say the same the more teachers torchered the more we ran away from the study you know i was a first position holder student from my KG class to 3rd class and in 4th class i got 2nd position as in 4th class i was punished just because of being a sindhi language student the urdu language teachers had issue on that and 5th class changed my life in that class the teacher punished me on regular basis even on minor he made me run in the whole class and he was after me with the stick and one other punishment which is a very weird to tell but that punishment took away my self confidence from me and after that i never liked to study but i was that good that without even studying i kept taking good grades but again when i reached in BBA and i had good teachers i took first position in my class i hope you can understand the difference the more we get punished the more we run from study even teachers broke there sticks on our hands and backs i think you wouldnt believe these things but it is reality

and I ask the government to please strictly prohibit the beatings in schools

Last edited by Last Island; Tuesday, February 19, 2008 at 07:24 PM.