View Single Post
Old Tuesday, May 05, 2015
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Nazish Hina is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniyalahmed View Post
Writing is a skill that is acquired after a lot of arduous struggle. There are no short cuts, the process is painstaking and involves serious commitment. To begin with, you need to have an adequate "supply' of words. For this you need to learn words, you've gotta go through word smart and Barron's word lists to have the repository of words in your arsenal. These are the bullets through which you will fire the ideas of reason. After you have a vast array of words at your disposal, ideas and thoughts will unravel. You will start to comprehend things. Once, you understand things, you'll question and ponder over problems. The best approach is to take 'for' and 'against' stance on any topic. This will allow you to have a more well rounded, complete and comprehensive picture of the problem. Each year debaters perform exceedingly well in CSS examination, this is because they have the art of elaborating ideas on either side. Hegel a philosopher said that every idea starts with a thesis ( a preposition) and follows an anti thesis ( a negation). However, at a later time the thesis and anti thesis merge or synthesize into a whole or synthesis. According to Hegel the synthesis was the higher truth because it contained the good points of both thesis and anti thesis. Hence, try to give both sides of perspective and then integrate them into a unified whole. Truth is never at the extremes it is somewhere in between. . Also, try to take contrarian stance, take up positions that are not straight forward, defy conventions but be rational.

For the benefit of everyone in this forum, I will share a couple of pages that I believe can improve someone's writing skills by at least 30 - 40 percentage points. These are humble suggestions, I don't want to sound like Aristotle but I genuinely want to help others. Most of the people are unable to pass through because they don't have proper guidance. I will try to be of source of comfort to you.If I can't help fellow aspirants, how will I help my country men as a PSP? We should help others wherever possible and this is my very ordinary attempt at it. My respect to all.
I have read about Hegel's philosophy.The thing is that I know many good words,but when I begin to write only thing that comes on paper is pretty simple and basic.And when I have written I keep thinking Okay I could've used this or that word.But it happens all the time.
I am a good debater.Most of the times I win.But I'm just not able to write like that.I mean my arguments will be really compelling but my sentences will not be.What to do about it?