View Single Post
Old Monday, May 11, 2015
43rd CTP (PAS)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2014 - Merit 56

Tabraizmarri will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafiz mubashar View Post
Respected Marri sir, I oblige your views and guidance techniques. A lot of prayers for your future endeavors!

As the syllabus has been expanded now and the subject now consists two hundred marks, which books should the aspirants now consult for I.R preparation? Although, I follow Dawn, Project Syndicate, FP and sometimes Financial Times among other online sources, but, I'm facing problems in the selection of books. I don't have educational background of I.R, but I've opted it after the revised scheme of syllabi.
Dear Hafiz, as I have stated earlier that you must follow multiple sources, make extensive use of Internet. There are many resources online where you can find material on given topics. Following one single text-book for the entire course might not be feasible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gslangah66 View Post
it was a informative as well as interesting, keep it up and continue to help others.
Thanks a lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranaorangzaib View Post
Sir I have nothing specific backgroud about our study. I got D.A.E in electronics Then passed b.a with parsian and islamic history and now doing master in public administration from islamia university. So please i want to suggest some valuable tips about selection of optional subject. Please i have interatd in all types of subject because i have no strong backup. So give me hints after knowing me. May Allah bless you. Which one you tell me i will to do it. But i have no scientifi background so i cant prepare scientific s
I would suggest you to go through the subject outlines and take decision accordingly. It is okay if you don't have background in most, you may opt for subjects that you find interesting. As far as your background is concerned, you may opt for Public Administration, Isl. History, Persian etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryam Wazir View Post
Sir Tabriaz First of all many many congratulations to u then to your mother and father because they are the only two honest persons which would be extremely happy and excited over your posting and allocation in PAS without any mean.

secondly sir suggest me some tips for essay writing.
especially tips for the conclusion or last paragraph.
Thank you Maryam,

Essay paper is probably the most important paper of CSS considering majority of aspirants do not make it through that paper. So here are a few tips.

1- Always choose topic according to your strength. Your concepts about that particular topic must be clear. Before you start writing, give yourself sufficient time to brainstorm on that particular topic. Use backpage for drawing a rough structure.

2- Read the topic carefully and write specifically on the topic
e.g. If the topic is "Great nations win without fighting" you must not start writing pages on 'great nations' instead the focus should revolve around whether great nations win without fighting or not.

3- Introduction paragraph must begin with a 'hook' (something that captivates the readers attention), followed by your thesis statement and brief introduction to the topic where you give reader a hint about your direction for the essay.

4- Your ideas must compliment each other. Each sentence of a particular paragraph must be in sync and ideas must not be scattered or abrupt. One paragraph, one idea.

5- How well you convince your reader about your point of view will decide whether you pass or fail that paper. So work on your analysis skills, use statistics, quotes, facts etc to augment your point of view.

6- In concluding paragraph, you must NEVER present a new idea. Conclusion is merely to sum up your essay.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tabraizmarri For This Useful Post:
Aamish Bhatti (Saturday, October 03, 2015), shehrezaaat (Friday, January 08, 2016)