View Single Post
Old Monday, June 15, 2015

Norymberskie is on a distinguished road
Default Interesting logic of your KIPS teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by raviz View Post
Brother, I visited KIPS last month and had a comprehensive discussion there with a teacher. He logically convinced me that choosing criminology or I.Law together with science subjects or supplemented history would eat all my time, concentration and retention power. Time is more crucial, so I should opt for those subjects that require lesser retention and syllabus.
I am surprised and intrigued as to how the teacher convinced you. There are no subjects that require 'lesser retention'. It all comes down to aptitude and interest.

I am fond of mathematics and in my whole career till Masters level, I hardly ever memorized a formula. Since I didn't memorize anything, I hardly had to work hard at retaining anything. That is because I always did enough practice that the formulas were permanently inscribed in my mind. So how does the retention logic work in my case and in the case of another person who can hardly solve an algebraic equation? At the end of the day, it comes down to aptitude and interest.

Did the teacher also tell you which subjects required lesser retention, because you didn't mention any in your message.

I still believe that irrespective of the length of syllabus, if you are good at a subject, you won't need much time to cover it. At least that is how it works in my case.