View Single Post
Old Saturday, June 20, 2015

Norymberskie is on a distinguished road
Default Question about FPSC FAQs and thread closed by mods

Yesterday, a forum colleague made a post asking if FPSC FAQs were reliable(http://www.cssforum.com.pk/beginners...faqs-fpsc.html).

An admin replied that they obviously were and closed the thread.

Of course the reply made perfect sense and closing the thread was the right course of action to take. However, I believe the original poster couldn't convey the full message and therefore I felt I should start this new thread and convey the full message.

The confusion originally started with the following FAQ on FPSCs site.

Quote:
What will be the proportion of MCQs and subjective in the papers of General Science & Ability in Part-I & II?
Answer:
There will a 20 MCQs from Part-I, whereas subjective part will be of 80 marks i.e. 40 from Part-I and 40 from Part-II.
The FAQ above suggests that the General Ability part will be subjective. However, I believe the common perception is that it will be MCQ based just like GRE and GAT.

So what exactly will the general ability part look like? How can they test mechanical and numerical reasoning, logical reasoning, quantitative problems, percentages and basic arithmetic and other basic mathematicl skills in a subjective type paper?