View Single Post
Old Monday, March 17, 2008

haiderimam2008 is on a distinguished road
Default Is CSS really what we are looking for? Comments required from all

Aoa all

I want suggestions and comments from all experienced and beginners (like me) about CSS, its merits and demerits and why are we really doing or should do CSS? I want to do CSS because of following reasons:

1)It will be an honour for me to do CSS and serve my country in which i have spent my life
2) It will enable me to get an honouable status in society
3) I will be able to live my entire life in this country on an honourable post, which i cannot get to in any other state of the world
4)Living with my family is also an advantage and having time for them
5)On an honourable position, i would not earn millions but will get peace of mind from the position and facilities i have
6)I would be able to get scholarships and invaluable experience.

These are the things i am looking from CSS. But a lot of people these days say that

1)Civil servants are no longer considered that esteemed in pakistan, based on the salary and facilities they get and honest people in civil services live hand to mouth lives
2)There are monopolies in civil services and only people with huge references get the group and postings of their liking. Usually people without references are thrown from one city to the other in postings
3)This job is reference based not performance based. Performance is not usually counted.
4)Doing CSS is a big risk these days. You devote at least 1-2 years of your life to CSS. This may leave you nowhere in terms of profession, if you do not suceed.

I want people to comment and help us all beginners, get a clear view of how civil servants these days live life and how satisfied are they with there profession and nature of work.

Also people with what sort of personality traits should attempt CSS or anyone with whatever background and personality interested in doing CSS should just go for it, if he believes he can do it.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to haiderimam2008 For This Useful Post:
amy (Monday, March 17, 2008), naeemsandhu (Tuesday, March 18, 2008), paindu (Tuesday, March 18, 2008), shahid12456 (Wednesday, March 19, 2008)