View Single Post
Old Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Cogito Ergo Sum will become famous soon enoughCogito Ergo Sum will become famous soon enough

This was my 2nd attempt. Most probably it will be my last; because I am a doctor and I am already halfway through with my preparation for post-graduate training exam due in November 2015. I hope to join my medicine training (in case I don't clear CE-2015).

I have been an avid reader of literature all my life, and a polished writer/blogger (as my readers frequently compliment). I gave first attempt during my final year of MBBS (2013 attempt). I appeared just because my father wanted me to, with a 10-day preparation. I thought I would fail every subject except the essay--ironically, I passed all except the essay! My over-confidence regarding my writing skills was the "probable" culprit, because I had not taken any guidance and went with my natural style of writing--which, unfortunately, was not liked by the essay examiner.

After my final year, I worked in the field (as House officer) and saw that professionals in Pakistan (especially doctors) have no future here. The pessimism drew me to CSS, and I prepared for it during my house-job in hope of a better future and career prospects.

I had expected to perform as per my potential (which is, by the grace of Allah, adequate). All papers went fine but I failed to rise up to the occasion once again in the essay. So, altogether, this makes the CSS-2015 journey another disappointment for me; because I had everything in me but couldn't perform on the day which mattered the most. I am not very hopeful, but still I would like to see what fate has in store for me in October.