View Single Post
Old Thursday, August 13, 2015

Fussy is on a distinguished road
Question Advice for methodology of preparation & answer pattern in regards to Islamic Studies

Hi,

In preparation for the subject of Islamiat, I am consulting the following three books:

1. Islam and it's meaning and message by Khurshid Ahmad.
2. Towards Islamiat by Dogar publishers.
3. To the point Islamic Studies by Jahangir.

Queries:

1. Are these three books enough to sufficiently prepare for the compulsory subject?

2. What is the best way to 'mould' an answer? One should directly tackle the main question or build upto it i.e For answering a query related to Ijtehad, one starts off with an introduction of all basic sources of law and then leads to Ijtehad followed by a general conclusion with a few lines specified towards the question? As I have heard that averageness in answering technique might reduce marks.

3. How important are quoted Ayats and Hadiths? And how many one should quote per page? I am really worried about this cause I am not good at quoting.

4. If the exam is attempted in English, is there any setback and should one be wary of some things in particular?

I would appreciate direct answers to the first 3 as they are the most important ones, also only by people who have attempted the exam and had a formula for the english version of it.

Thank you in advance for your time and effort.