View Single Post
Old Friday, August 14, 2015

Monk will become famous soon enoughMonk will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by upscIndia View Post
Hello friends,

I am a Civil Service aspirant just like you all but not for FPSC but for UPSC, India( Union Public Service Commission).

I was just googling about Governor- General of British India when I came across this page. I navigated to the British- India section in History and was quite amused that we are also studying the same. I mean I am quite thrilled by the very fact that I landed on this page and your general discussion also happens to match the discussion that we do at our websites.

The compt. in India for Civil Service is very tough.

Around 9Lakh candidates apply out of which there are only

100 post for IAS(Indian Administrative Officer)

80 post for IPS(Police Service)

40 post for IFS(Foreign Service)

We have Prelims(Objective) then Mains(Written, Optional+Other Subjects) and then Interview

WoW! So different feeling typing this message. This is for the first time in my life that I am communicating to any Pakistani.

I know I should not be here, maybe admin won't like my unnecessary presence but I just couldn't help myself in communicating with you all!

I will definitely download you past year Objective papers from British- Indian History and practice as a mock.

All the best for your endeavours

And By the way, Happy Independence Day

Regards,

Indian

Would you like to enlighten us about the structure of UPSC, approximately how many candidates are allowed to sit in exams after prelims? What are the stages of this whole process? How many marks each stage carry ? How many occupational groups are there apart from IAS and IPS? Is there any Quota System? And finally do you guys have some website similar to This website?