View Single Post
Old Sunday, January 08, 2006
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: AppreciationDiligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,264 Times in 1,100 Posts
Muhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant future

AoA

i pray for welbeing of al and sundry

well i never intend to jump in the issue, however, i use to read the posts often

''dear Adil, nouman is very right, i already agreed this, for which u may check previous posts on the issue

but dear we need eletricity as well, the production of which cannot be increased by cementing the existng canals and sub-canals

you may recal that about 30 -35 % of electricity is generated from hydel power, the remaining is got from thermal sources

dear hydel power is the cheapest source of electricity

main issues for NWFP are displacement of people, flooding of important cities and royalty

for Sindh the issues are intrusion of sea water and desertification of Sindh

i can think that share of royalty should b given to nwfp and al problems would b okay

for Sindh, their problems can be safeguarded by proposing canal-less dam however, this do not seem feasible as channels r required to b taken out from a dam

well in my thinking if Sindh and NWFP are safeguarded then there is no issue for Balochistan to oppose kalabagh as major portion of Balochistan is falling in kharan basin not in indus basin.

-----
dear sister amina , dams can only be constructed in mountains, sub-mountains, we can construct dams in plains, however, v can construct barrages, which cannot b termed as good as a dam could b
-------
as regards other dams, one should favour less contentious dams

but dear mind it, the issue of bhasha is being favoured but Norhtern areas should b safeguarded prior to any finalization and should also b given royalty (major share) keeping in mind a thing that constitutionaly northern areas are not part of Pakistan ..........................!!!!!!
---
good dear sister eram u have also jumped in the issue, v must acquaint overselves with the problems of our country as it is our country, our motherland and our generations would spend their lives here
-----
dear bro Nauman, ur judgement is indeed based on sagacity, may Allah bless you and you would b Csp this year
---