View Single Post
Old Sunday, January 08, 2006
37th Common
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2008 - Merit 120

Adil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabassum Shabbir Awan
AoA

i pray for welbeing of al and sundry

well i never intend to jump in the issue, however, i use to read the posts often

''dear Adil, nouman is very right, i already agreed this, for which u may check previous posts on the issue

but dear we need eletricity as well, the production of which cannot be increased by cementing the existng canals and sub-canals

you may recal that about 30 -35 % of electricity is generated from hydel power, the remaining is got from thermal sources

dear hydel power is the cheapest source of electricity

main issues for NWFP are displacement of people, flooding of important cities and royalty

for Sindh the issues are intrusion of sea water and desertification of Sindh

i can think that share of royalty should b given to nwfp and al problems would b okay

for Sindh, their problems can be safeguarded by proposing canal-less dam however, this do not seem feasible as channels r required to b taken out from a dam

well in my thinking if Sindh and NWFP are safeguarded then there is no issue for Balochistan to oppose kalabagh as major portion of Balochistan is falling in kharan basin not in indus basin.
Brother it's so nice of you to step in. I really like it when you present your intellectual views.

I agree that you gave your assent to efficiency. And it's quite enough to expose your broad vision and clear-cut understanding of the problems of irrigation and water management.

You said:

(but dear we need eletricity as well, the production of which cannot be increased by cementing the existng canals and sub-canals

you may recal that about 30 -35 % of electricity is generated from hydel power, the remaining is got from thermal sources

dear hydel power is the cheapest source of electricity)

Brother, if energy is really the problem we have countless alternatives. And brother I will request you to review the cost of KBD. It won't produce cheap energy. Prices escalate when environmental and social degradation is taken in view along with the interest rates and inflation in future.

Sindh really has objections to the canals. Sindh fears water-pilferage in times of drought and being a lower riparian it have any door to knock for justice.

Tell me if Energy-Generation isn't possible without constructing those right and left canals.

This general hasn't been authorized to rule the country. So it's not practical to let him take major decisions involving risk to the integrity of this country.

Constitutional Guarantees from one who overrides it with impunity is simply unacceptable to either Sindh or NWFP.

Regards,

Adil Memon
Police Service of Pakistan (P.S.P)
37th Common Training Program