View Single Post
Old Sunday, November 22, 2015
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,290 Times in 783 Posts
exclusively has a spectacular aura aboutexclusively has a spectacular aura aboutexclusively has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustansar~hussain View Post
Overall good attempt. Highlighted things below are heinous blunders in the Essay. Please replace first person pronouns with third person.

1) Only because our level of preparedness is miserable.
2) We will have to learn to work with nature rather than fighting against it like China did.
3) We will have to abandon futile measures like constructing embankments and dikes.
4) Instead, we should adopt sagacious initiatives like planting trees, relocating our population and stop polluting the Mother Nature.
5) So if we want to erect an effective defence, an alternative and more holistic approach is an indispensable requirement.
You are right that one should avoid using the above pronouns, although there is no hard and fast rule it it. Because I myself used pronouns in my essays. Like our country has been facing many problems....Our country needs to be...We can be great nation... and so on. So in my case I can say you can use it in essay paper.
The Following User Says Thank You to exclusively For This Useful Post:
hazelnut (Sunday, November 22, 2015)