View Single Post
Old Tuesday, January 19, 2016

sharp mind is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divergent View Post
Psychometric was also part of recruitment process for SI post. I do not know the perks and privileges of SI in MoD but I am pretty sure that they are comparatively good from same cadre of service in other departments. Career and promotions in this organization, depends on the capacity and performance of the individual.

3 times experience of psychological assessment in CSS will surely serve you good. I don't know that what your psychological profile depicted so I cant comment about the status. when I started to prepare for psychological, during my CSS campaign, I paid visit to different teachers for the said purpose. Interestingly, they didn't teach me, but pointed out mistakes of others by telling what to do and what not to do. they also highlighted some of contradictory points in statements of same nature. I am not student of psychology, yet extracted all the information on MMPI, REBT, TAT and other ingredients of the process. I wouldn't say that I have good knowledge about this whole psychometric process, but I did my best in dissection of the concept and to prepare my profile as a whole, and Alhmadulilah It served me well, whenever needed.

Dogar's book for ISSB will surely help you for practice. Try to visit any expert for the purpose. By expert, I don't mean a teacher of psychology, rather psychologist or an expert who knows how to prepare you rightly. Material is available on the internet but alone material wouldn't help much until you look for the errors. Besides, the experts will help you by providing the Standard material for practice (which they usually don't give or allow to photocopy. you can take your written scripts only)

Note: one more thing, I have seen the people who didn't even prepare for this but cleared the stage. May be they possess something that was required. it mean, one have to show what one truly is... or.... pretend to be, what the employer want. In former case, One will be happy and satisfied with the job because it would match the nature, while in later case... the feeling of being discontent will accompany.

Number of candidates short-listed: : I am no :sure but I observed that usually NTS short lists candidates on the basis of 1:50 (average, 10 more or less) for psychometric and 1:5 for Interview purpose, If not specifically directed by the concerned department.

May ALLAH bless all of us with success. Ameen

Regards
I appreciate your efforts.
Bother, i have been short-listed for the Traffic Analyst Supervisor (BPS-16).
Now, i want to know some information about TAS job and and its nature.
Secondly, Will there be Psychometric Test for Traffic Analyst Supervisor.. ?
I have two time experience of ISSB Psychological Test..?
Thanks in advance.
Divergent (Tuesday, January 19, 2016)