View Single Post
Old Thursday, February 04, 2016

abbas khan 119 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogito Ergo Sum View Post
I find this move of the government as intelligent as suspending cellular services on every important religious/national holiday. When the state machinery fails to provide security, it accepts its incompetency in the form of such stupid decisions. And, instead of seeing that, we begin to praise such decisions--not realizing that our rights are being slowly encroached upon. If preaching has been restricted for now, who knows what else will be in the pipeline. "Grand things have small beginnings", let's see what future holds for other sects that are 'rejoicing' over this decision! Reminds me of Iqbal,

"Mullah ko jo hai Hind mein sajday ki ijaazat...
Naadaan ye samajhta hai ke Islam hai aazaad..."

As for the things being said about a particular sect being related to violence, I would like to say that our people love violence IRRESPECTIVE of their sect (and I am not a follower of the 'targeted sect' of this post). One sect loves violence in the name of "Namoos-e-Risalat", other loves it in the form of "Jihad" or Nifaaz-e-Shariat. Violence is violence, whatever label it bears. And our people love it (you just got to witness once the mobs ready to kill and vandalize whole villages just because someone uttered 'blasphemy' to believe this)!
you have nailed it bro. Nicely summed up. How can, for instance, you abhor the whole republican party or Abraham Lincoln, for the stupid gestures of Donald Trump, and how can the entire Buddhist community be banned from entering a Muslims states for the excesses a specific group committed in Burma, this is beyond my imagination.
European states are fighting tooth and nail to avoid ethnicism, racism or sectarianism as they have suffered alot due to the prevalence of these issues before the renaissance and 1950s era. We however deliberately inciting these issues by the projection of our prejudice.
my so called secular brothers, and those who opposing tableegh must have to learn that they should not criticize a group if it's views and response have not been taken, otherwise their view may be prejudiced and illogical.
Also i request the champions of secularism to study in depth the structure of IMF, world bank, Un, international political order, the impact of evolution theory on western ideology - they would come to know how much the western secularism is benign and what are the causes of rise of militancy in Muslim states.