View Single Post
Old Wednesday, May 04, 2016
Banned

ursula will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonstrative View Post
I have remained in touch with GRE preparatory books for couple of years. I never came across all that you mentioned in your earlier posts. However, I stand corrected now because I just realised GMAT does test you on that, thank you!

Excuse me but I failed to comprehend it. I am least bothered, btw.

The fact that FPSC has updated its syllabus has no bearing on how one should write "research based essays". That said, I am neither an authority nor did I intens to sound like one. My post was essentially about writing english, be it essay or any other thing.

Okay, thank you for the suggestion but I am not interested. Excuse me if I sound rude, honestly I don't mean to sound so. Nonetheless, it's a fact that I have never felt the need to know how research based essays are written. Also, I wonder from where these research based essays made way to this discussion out of the blue.

You have raised a genuine question. Well, I have no idea about all that you guys were talking about in this thread- conjunction, compound sentence bla bla bla. I have no shame in admitting that my use of English is more intuitive (just like my Urdu is). I don't claim that I am good at it. However, I feel that I and many others of my ilk ought to focus on expression rather than exerting all the energy on being pedantic. That's why I wrote "If you can write decent English...".
So what exactly you want from me right right now! Let me remind you, I hate useless and unprecedently self justified arguments.

Lastly,
Do suggest me the complete name of the author as you have suggested to all.
I wanna put my effort to make it go through my eyes as well.