View Single Post
Old Wednesday, May 04, 2016

Zainab S is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommittedSoul View Post
First of all thank you so much for starting this thread. I was thinking of to start threads for the all compulsory subject after motivated by your and ursala's thread of criminology.
Now coming to the some questions related to subject,
in which language would you opt islamiyat? I had and will opt it in urdu.
2. By which books are you preparing the subject? Last time i have islamiyat by karimdad chugtai.
3. NOW YOU ARE GIVEN THE RIGHT TO POST. :P
Well welcome. Post away.

I am opting it in English. I have always studied Islamiat in Urdu but lately I have been doing everything in English. Going back to urdu just doesn't seem like a good option especially with a rusty urdu writing and speed. Nothing against Urdu; I studied in Urdu medium schools. It just doesn't seem that feasible to me. That's all.

Books:

-Introduction of Islam by Dr. Hamidullah (I have an e-book and it is not a full book. I tried to find a complete book but failed.)
-Islam the misunderstood religion by Muhammad Qutub
-Islam at the crossroads by Muhammad Asad
-Islam and the Economic Challenge by Umer Chapra (skimmed through it but it is a very technical book, at least for a layman like me)
-The Islamic Law & Constitution by Mawdudi
-Towards Understanding Islam
-Seerat-Un-Nabi vol.2 (English)

Physical books
-Islam and Secular Mind
-Khilafat-o-malookiyat

I have placed order for Islam: its meaning and Message by Khurshid Ahmad. I hope to receive it by post this week or next.

Ok I have read Dr. Hamidulla's book, Muhammad Qutub's book and Muhammad Asad's book. I read them last yr. Rest, I have them but haven't read them (classic Pakistani student hoarding). Islam and secular mind and khilafat book, I have skimmed through but did I understand what these two are saying or doing, no.

So that's that. I intend to consult internet/cssforum and youtube for stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
how to prepare Governance under Pious Caliphs. please if any body has prepared it help me out.
Hi reckless, Can you please wait till we reach that section, please.

I am a methodical person so I like things in order. Can we please for the sake of everything that is ordered in this world, start outline from the first point and move forward from there otherwise, we'll keep popping in questions from different parts and it will become a mess. It's of course me. If majority disagrees with me, I won't bring it up again.

And my email is given in my profile, if anyone of you wants these ebooks, shoot me an email and I'll send you these ebooks. Don't inundate this thread with requests.

It is late so will come back to it tomorrow. I have been reading Islamiat papers from past years so will post relevant section 1 questions from them. Thank you

Last edited by Zainab S; Wednesday, May 04, 2016 at 03:36 AM. Reason: Didn't want to start a new thread about last line.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zainab S For This Useful Post:
Bookaholic (Wednesday, June 01, 2016)