View Single Post
Old Sunday, July 13, 2008

Artemis is a name known to allArtemis is a name known to allArtemis is a name known to allArtemis is a name known to allArtemis is a name known to allArtemis is a name known to all

Personally I don't think you should go for both CAT and Bcom. Although you can do ACCA after completing any of them I suggest you to go for Bcom.

CAT unlike ACCA is not recognised in Pakistan. (I was told by some one from ACCA office that ACCA has been recognised by govt of Pakistan). I am doing ACCA after CAT myself but if I can go some years back I would prefer to do Bcom. In UK they recognise CAT as first year of garduation i.e. not graduation in itself. In Pakistan it is merely treated as a precourse for ACCA.

I recommend you to go for two years BCom instead of CAT. After having Bcon degree you can proceed wth ACCA and you will have a recognised bacholars degree.

If you refer to the advertisemnets for accounting jobs they often ask for Bcom but never CAT. CAT has no value in our industry unless you have completed ACCA professional.