View Single Post
Old Sunday, January 22, 2006
37th Common
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2008 - Merit 120

Adil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really nice

Salaam,

You've posed a nice question. It demands a lengthy answer. I will try to be brief and precise.

1) I disagree with your point that religious lobby has played a role in promotion of anti-federalism. They are not that strong politically to make a difference. The only hold they have, is NWFP, in Balochistan they form a coalition government. (If you have justifications for your statement, please present them. It will be informative for me.)

Now trying to answer your question:

1) In true federal government, the centre is assigned authority over minimal spheres like foreign affairs, communication etc. But in Pakistan, that isn't the truth. It needs to be changed.

2) Military coups should be prevented. They try to turn government into hyper-presidential ones i.e. extremely unitary.

3) Equality should be maintained in distribution of seats in the key assembly so that no unit of the federation tries to become a big brother. (Take the case of America here. Senate has more authority and accepts 2 members from each State of the federation). A similar structure of National Assembly should be proposed.

In the end... I would request you to read Mujeeb's Six Point Agenda. That's a true model of federation.

Regards,

PS: I will look forward to write more on this issue.

Adil Memon
Police Service of Pakistan (P.S.P)
37th Common Training Program