View Single Post
Old Monday, December 05, 2016

qublai khan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawadhash View Post
I would comment on two of your points. Although, they are entirely valid, still, i want to throw in a few pointers. 1: Humiliation: You said that our society is overly materialistic. Since, you are discussing the reasons for backwardness of our country, I would like to point out that same condition prevails in countries like America and other "capitalistic" countries. However, these capitalistic countries are not considered backward by most of the people. BUT, they are different from us in that there is strict application of law. Self-respect of a person not wearing a branded shirt in USA is ensured. This is because of their legal system. If someone of higher class dares to humiliate them, they would throw a lawsuit of thousands and make them pay. In Pakistan, real problem lies in the fact that a person wearing a branded shirt expects the person not wearing a branded shirt to be fearful and awed by him, and rightly so, since we have no legal recourse for any grievance a rich person might cause to us.

2: Joint family system:
As far as extended family is concerned, its a big "NO". Extended family, in around 80% of cases, would NEVER want to see you growing. They would prefer to see you as inferior to their own children and thus would make every effort to block your path . However, its not to say that everyone in extended family is like that. There are some well-wishers as well. However, its better to not involve them in your matters and if they try to get involved in your matters, just give them a cold shoulder. Believe me, your parents love you more than they would ever love your chacha mama. So, after initial resistance they would come to accept YOUR decision and not your chacha mama decision. I am saying this out of experience. Lastly, I am not in favor of NOT taking care of your parents. I don't support the proposition that parents should not be the part of your family. I am sure you didn't mean to include them in joint-family system, but still thought it was better to seek clarification.
Ok fawad,i always welcome disagreements.If we take a glance over history of anyone of sciences,it will become clear that ''disagreements'' lead to progress.

Now your first point is that materialism exists in developed countries while they still respect each other, not considering the wealth-status.
We have a VIP culture.we have peers, mullahs and hereditary maliks and jagirdars.The situation in Urban areas is quite hopeful but the unfortunate 70 percent of our slaves-cum-people live in rural areas.The problem does not lay in seeking wealth but consideration of human rights.I have seen with my own eyes that ''mureeds'' kissing the tyres of peer sahb vehicles;paying respect to toyota corrolla.
My point is that even our educated class do not stand against the VIP culture and thoes who do,pay cost with their career

http://www.dawn.com/news/1135289

the brave person arjumand hussain,stood against VIP culture.He thrown out rehman malik from airplane.now he has lost his job

Even dogs and donkeys have rights in developed countries but here we are,still counting the number infant deaths in Thar desert.

And i must say that if you stood by your decision is joint family system then you are a fortuante exception.

The problem with parents is that they only think of parent-rights but never think that childern also have rights.Even religions like islam and christianity focuses on childern rights.unfortunately we have no legislation about child rights.Many parents openly humiliate their minors as per their desires.
The Following User Says Thank You to qublai khan For This Useful Post:
fawadhash (Monday, December 05, 2016)