View Single Post
Old Tuesday, September 09, 2008
37th Common
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2008 - Merit 185th

Dr-malik is on a distinguished road

AS far as my opinion is concerned principles to qualify written are;

1) Learn the art of corelating subjects like English Essay, Curent Affairs, Pakistan current Issues ( Pak Affairs), Geography paper 2, International relations, Sociology

2) GOLDEN RULE is to attempt the paper: Make your paper scanable ( I hope you know what is scanning)

3) Time management (I hope you know why this is so important)

This can be divided into three parts: Before the start of CSS written exam, During the days of CSS exam, During each written paper of CSS.

4)Learn INTRODUCTION writting of every question.

Best way to write introduction I learnt from Tauseef Haidar, 2nd position CSS 2005.

Formula of Introduction writing:

Topic sentence (1 line) ====> Siginificance of topic (2-3 lines) =====> Hit the bull's eye (2-4 lines) ======> Your Suggestions ( 1-2 lines)

Where, Topic is the most important keywords of question and hit the bull's eye is the summary of your 5-7 pages anwer to the quesion in 2-4 lines.

5) Believe in yourself and stay away from people who say passing CSS written is not possible.

6) "It's better to fail after appearing in CSS than to fail without appearing in that", said Fida Hussain, 1st position CSS 2006. ( I met a guy once who was preparing for CSS written for 4 years and never appeared in CSS written.)

7) Develop in yourself an attitude of CSS oriented approach towards written exam. ( One can do PHD in Sociology but in CSS it's of 100 marks subject)

8) Past 10- 12 years CSS papers are MUST.

9) Don't waste you time in choosing optional subjects with Scoring Subjects Approach only. This is for a simple reason that every year's scoring subjects are different.

10) Never write against Quaid-e-Azam, Pakistan, Pakistan military, democracy. For Islamiat specially,, never write in favour of modern moderate molve hazraat. ( Geo's Ghamdi's Islamic stuff etc.)

Kindly do pray for my CSS 2008 written exam score, Interview and all other steps if this helped you.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Dr-malik For This Useful Post:
Almaas Ruby (Saturday, September 13, 2008), Ambitious (Friday, September 12, 2008), dr.taqi abass (Wednesday, January 21, 2009), fahad riaz (Saturday, September 10, 2011), faisalraza (Monday, April 20, 2009), Artemis (Wednesday, September 10, 2008), prissygirl (Sunday, September 21, 2008), Usman Farooq (Wednesday, January 28, 2009), wajid582@yahoo.com (Saturday, February 28, 2009), WaqasAhmed (Wednesday, November 19, 2008)