CSS Forums Thursday, October 02, 2014
05:26 PM (GMT +5)
 
 
Home   Beginner's Guide   Rules   Syllabus   Past Papers   CSP Members  

Go Back   CSS Forums > CSS Compulsory Subjects > Current Affairs

Current Affairs Candidates will be expected to display such general knowledge of History,Geography and Politics as is necessary to interpret current affairs.Post your queries here.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old Friday, August 24, 2012
Bozdar Iqbal's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Ghotki,Sindh Pakistan
Posts: 338
Thanks: 219
Thanked 150 Times in 107 Posts
Bozdar Iqbal will become famous soon enough
Post current affairs MCQs

All members are requested that please share the current affairs MCQs from Jahangir world time(june to onwards) here.Due to some compulsions i am unable to get JWT magazine.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old Friday, August 24, 2012
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 7
Thanks: 7
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
abeeraimtiaz is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozdar Iqbal View Post
All members are requested that please share the current affairs MCQs from Jahangir world time(june to onwards) here.Due to some compulsions i am unable to get JWT magazine.
Along with current affairs MCQs from Jahangir world times plz post the current affairs MCQs from Current affairs by Rai Iqbal. I ll be really thankful.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old Friday, August 31, 2012
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 9
Thanks: 3
Thanked 9 Times in 5 Posts
umarahmed is on a distinguished road
Default

Here are first 30 for June from current affairs vol 2 by rai iqbal


1. What is the importance of June 30th 2012?
(a) The last minute of 30th June 2012 will be 1 second longer and will be known as ‘leap second’
(b) Russian President set to visit for a maiden bilateral summit
(c) SpaceX Dragon returned to earth to end historic trip recently
(d) None of these
2. Name the spacecraft which returned to earth to end historic trip recently.
(a) SpaceX Dragon (b) Discovery
(c) X Man Dragon (d) Dragon Fly
3. Which country celebrated Queen’s 60 year reign recently?
(a) United Kingdom (b) Thailand
(c) Canada (d) Brazil
4. Irish voters recently backed which pact by large majority by exhibiting final memorandum results?
(a) European Union fiscal pact
(b) European Union Bailout pact
(c) European Union Monterey pact
(d) European Union Health pact
5. Who won the 73rd PGA Tour Golf Title 2012?
(a) Tiger Woods (b) Rogen Martar
(c) Wenn John (d) None of these
6. Name the Indian cricketer who took oath as Rajya Sabha MP.
(a) Sachin Tendulkar (b) Rahul Dravid
(c) Yoraj Singh (d) Caple Dav
7. Which Asian stock market hit 28-year low on 4th June 2012?
(a) Tokyo (b) London
(c) New York (d) Paris
8. The United Nations Human Rights Council votes to condemn the massacre carried out by Syrian forces in the town of Houla, despite Russia, China and Cuba voting against the resolution. Houla massacre incident took place on
(a) June 21, 2012 (b) June 23, 2012
(c) May 25, 2012 (d) June 26, 2012
9. A court in Cairo, Egypt, found former president Hosni Mubarak and former interior minister ______guilty for complicity in the killings of demonstrators in the 2011 revolution that ousted Mubarak and both are sentenced to life in prison.
(a) Habib al-Adly (b) Barry Unsworth
(c) Razan Ghazzawi (d) Nabil Al Arabi
10. Name the Pakistan Interior Minister who was suspended for dual nationality:
(a) Rehman Malik
(b) Sherien Rehman
(c) Raja Pervez Ashraf
(d) None of these
11. Who won the 21st Sultan Azlan Shah Cup hockey tournament 2012?
(a) Japan (b) New Zealand
(c) Australia (d) Pakistan
12. Which country has approved world’s first ‘healthy cola’ for being beneficial to health?
(a) Japan (b) New Zealand
(c) Australia (d) USA
13. Which country marked 23rd anniversary of the military crackdown in Tiananmen Square?
(a) Japan (b) Chinaü
(c) Australia (d) USA
14. Which cricketer was recalled by West Indies Cricket Board into One-day squad after 14 month long stand-off?
(a) Ray Bradbury (b) Chris Gayle
(c) Chander Paul (d) Brain Lara
15. Name the psychiatrist and balloonist who took off on the world’s first intercontinental flight in solar-powered plane.
(a) Bertrand Piccard (b) Chris Piccard
(c) Ray Bradbury (d) None of these
16. Which planet crossed the sun on 5th June 2012 making one complete orbiter rotation?
(a) Venus (b) Earth
(c) Jupiter (d) Mars
17. Name the author of ‘The Twilight Zone’ who passed away recently.
(a) Bertrand Piccard (b) Chris Piccard
(c) Ray Bradbury (d) None of these
18. International Olympic Committee has announced to live stream free London Olympic Games on which medium to fans in 64 territories across Asia and Africa including India?
(a) Google (b) Youtube
(c) Face Book (d) Hotmail
19. Who is named as Event Ambassador for 2012 World Twenty20?
(a) Malinga (b) Chris Gayle
(c) Chander Paul (d) Brain Lara
20. Name the Lebanese journalist who headed Arab’s newspaper An-Nahar and died recently.
(a) Ghassan Tueni (b) Victoria Zara
(c) Ray Bradbury (d) Habib al-Adly
21. Where in the world forced marriage is set to become crime recently?
(a) Britain (b) USA
(c) Pakistan (d) Japan
22. Which 2 disease has been identified as top killers around the world by UNICEF in 2012?
(a) Pneumonia and Diarrhea
(b) Pneumonia and AIDs
(c) Fever and Diarrhea
(d) Pneumonia and Dengue
23. Who became the 10th woman in tennis history to win all 4 Grand Slam titles after defeating Italy’s Sara Errani in the French Open 2012?
(a) Maria Sharapova
(b) Serena Williams
(c) Venus Williams
(d) Victoria Zara
24. Which country is set to launch manned spacecraft in June 2012?
(a) Japan (b) South Korea
(c) China (d) Spain
25. To which Eurogroup the Eurozone finance ministers were willing to respond favourably to the need of 100 billion euros to a bailout request from its troubled banks?
(a) Spain (b) Greece
(c) Cyprus (d) Italy
26. What value of bailout did Spain receive recently from European finance ministers?
(a) $125 billion (b) $135 billion
(c) $145 billion (d) $155 billion
27. Who was Elinor Ostrom?
(a) The first female Nobel Prize laureate in Economics
(b) The first female Nobel Prize laureate in Literature
(c) The first female Nobel Prize laureate in Chemistry
(d) The first female Nobel Prize laureate in Physics
28. Who lead Pakistan’s hockey team in Olympics 2012?
(a) Sohail Abbas
(b) Rehan Butt
(c) Muhammad Wassem
(d) Muhammad Shahbaz
29. USA exempted which country from Iran’s sanctions?
(a) Japan (b) South Korea
(c) China (d) India
30. What is the importance of June 14th?
(a) World Blood Donor Day
(b) World Children Donor Day
(c) World Woman Day
(d) World heath Day
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to umarahmed For This Useful Post:
Bozdar Iqbal (Saturday, September 01, 2012), Hshah (Monday, September 10, 2012), huma55 (Monday, September 10, 2012), Invincible (Friday, August 31, 2012)
  #4  
Old Saturday, September 01, 2012
Amna's Avatar
Senior Member
Moderator: Ribbon awarded to moderators of the forum - Issue reason: Best Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason:
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Desert of Dream
Posts: 1,980
Thanks: 371
Thanked 1,286 Times in 699 Posts
Amna is a splendid one to beholdAmna is a splendid one to beholdAmna is a splendid one to beholdAmna is a splendid one to beholdAmna is a splendid one to beholdAmna is a splendid one to beholdAmna is a splendid one to beholdAmna is a splendid one to behold
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by umarahmed View Post
Here are first 30 for June from current affairs vol 2 by rai iqbal

Quote:
1. What is the importance of June 30th 2012?
(a) The last minute of 30th June 2012 will be 1 second longer and will be known as ‘leap second’
(b) Russian President set to visit for a maiden bilateral summit
(c) SpaceX Dragon returned to earth to end historic trip recently
(d) None of these
(a) The last minute of 30th June 2012 will be 1 second longer and will be known as ‘leap second’

Quote:
2. Name the spacecraft which returned to earth to end historic trip recently.
(a) SpaceX Dragon (b) Discovery
(c) X Man Dragon (d) Dragon Fly
(a) SpaceX Dragon

Quote:
3. Which country celebrated Queen’s 60 year reign recently?
(a) United Kingdom (b) Thailand
(c) Canada (d) Brazil
(a) United Kingdom

Quote:
4. Irish voters recently backed which pact by large majority by exhibiting final memorandum results?
(a) European Union fiscal pact
(b) European Union Bailout pact
(c) European Union Monterey pact
(d) European Union Health pact
(a) European Union fiscal pact

Quote:
5. Who won the 73rd PGA Tour Golf Title 2012?
(a) Tiger Woods (b) Rogen Martar
(c) Wenn John (d) None of these
(a) Tiger Woods

Quote:
6. Name the Indian cricketer who took oath as Rajya Sabha MP.
(a) Sachin Tendulkar (b) Rahul Dravid
(c) Yoraj Singh (d) Caple Dav
(a) Sachin Tendulkar

Quote:
7. Which Asian stock market hit 28-year low on 4th June 2012?
(a) Tokyo (b) London
(c) New York (d) Paris
(a) Tokyo

Quote:
8. The United Nations Human Rights Council votes to condemn the massacre carried out by Syrian forces in the town of Houla, despite Russia, China and Cuba voting against the resolution. Houla massacre incident took place on
(a) June 21, 2012 (b) June 23, 2012
(c) May 25, 2012 (d) June 26, 2012
(c) May 25, 2012

Quote:
9. A court in Cairo, Egypt, found former president Hosni Mubarak and former interior minister ______guilty for complicity in the killings of demonstrators in the 2011 revolution that ousted Mubarak and both are sentenced to life in prison.
(a) Habib al-Adly (b) Barry Unsworth
(c) Razan Ghazzawi (d) Nabil Al Arabi
(a) Habib al-Adly

Quote:
10. Name the Pakistan Interior Minister who was suspended for dual nationality:
(a) Rehman Malik
(b) Sherien Rehman
(c) Raja Pervez Ashraf
(d) None of these
(a) Rehman Malik

Quote:
11. Who won the 21st Sultan Azlan Shah Cup hockey tournament 2012?
(a) Japan (b) New Zealand
(c) Australia (d) Pakistan
(b) New Zealand

Quote:
12. Which country has approved world’s first ‘healthy cola’ for being beneficial to health?
(a) Japan (b) New Zealand
(c) Australia (d) USA
(a) Japan

Quote:
13. Which country marked 23rd anniversary of the military crackdown in Tiananmen Square?
(a) Japan (b) Chinaü
(c) Australia (d) USA
(b) China

Quote:
14. Which cricketer was recalled by West Indies Cricket Board into One-day squad after 14 month long stand-off?
(a) Ray Bradbury (b) Chris Gayle
(c) Chander Paul (d) Brain Lara
(b) Chris Gayle

Quote:
15. Name the psychiatrist and balloonist who took off on the world’s first intercontinental flight in solar-powered plane.
(a) Bertrand Piccard (b) Chris Piccard
(c) Ray Bradbury (d) None of these
(a) Bertrand Piccard

Quote:
16. Which planet crossed the sun on 5th June 2012 making one complete orbiter rotation?
(a) Venus (b) Earth
(c) Jupiter (d) Mars
(a) Venus

Quote:
17. Name the author of ‘The Twilight Zone’ who passed away recently.
(a) Bertrand Piccard (b) Chris Piccard
(c) Ray Bradbury (d) None of these
(c) Ray Bradbury

Quote:
18. International Olympic Committee has announced to live stream free London Olympic Games on which medium to fans in 64 territories across Asia and Africa including India?
(a) Google (b) Youtube
(c) Face Book (d) Hotmail
(b) Youtube

Quote:
19. Who is named as Event Ambassador for 2012 World Twenty20?
(a) Malinga (b) Chris Gayle
(c) Chander Paul (d) Brain Lara
(a) Malinga

Quote:
20. Name the Lebanese journalist who headed Arab’s newspaper An-Nahar and died recently.
(a) Ghassan Tueni (b) Victoria Zara
(c) Ray Bradbury (d) Habib al-Adly
(a) Ghassan Tueni

Quote:
21. Where in the world forced marriage is set to become crime recently?
(a) Britain (b) USA
(c) Pakistan (d) Japan
(a) Britain

Quote:
22. Which 2 disease has been identified as top killers around the world by UNICEF in 2012?
(a) Pneumonia and Diarrhea
(b) Pneumonia and AIDs
(c) Fever and Diarrhea
(d) Pneumonia and Dengue
(a) Pneumonia and Diarrhea

Quote:
23. Who became the 10th woman in tennis history to win all 4 Grand Slam titles after defeating Italy’s Sara Errani in the French Open 2012?
(a) Maria Sharapova
(b) Serena Williams
(c) Venus Williams
(d) Victoria Zara
(a) Maria Sharapova

Quote:
24. Which country is set to launch manned spacecraft in June 2012?
(a) Japan (b) South Korea
(c) China (d) Spain
(c) China

Quote:
25. To which Eurogroup the Eurozone finance ministers were willing to respond favourably to the need of 100 billion euros to a bailout request from its troubled banks?
(a) Spain (b) Greece
(c) Cyprus (d) Italy
(a) Spain

Quote:
26. What value of bailout did Spain receive recently from European finance ministers?
(a) $125 billion (b) $135 billion
(c) $145 billion (d) $155 billion
(a) $125 billion

Quote:
27. Who was Elinor Ostrom?
(a) The first female Nobel Prize laureate in Economics
(b) The first female Nobel Prize laureate in Literature
(c) The first female Nobel Prize laureate in Chemistry
(d) The first female Nobel Prize laureate in Physics
(a) The first female Nobel Prize laureate in Economics

Quote:
28. Who lead Pakistan’s hockey team in Olympics 2012?
(a) Sohail Abbas
(b) Rehan Butt
(c) Muhammad Wassem
(d) Muhammad Shahbaz
(a) Sohail Abbas


Quote:
29. USA exempted which country from Iran’s sanctions?
(a) Japan (b) South Korea
(c) China (d) India
(c) China

Quote:
30. What is the importance of June 14th?
(a) World Blood Donor Day
(b) World Children Donor Day
(c) World Woman Day
(d) World heath Day
(a) World Blood Donor Day
__________________
To succeed,look at things not as they are,but as they can be.:)
Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Amna For This Useful Post:
Ammasiub (Saturday, September 01, 2012), arbab01 (Tuesday, September 04, 2012), Asufi (Monday, September 10, 2012), Bozdar Iqbal (Saturday, September 01, 2012), Hshah (Monday, September 10, 2012), huma55 (Monday, September 10, 2012), Malik Nadeem 06 (Monday, September 03, 2012), Zara Sheikh (Tuesday, September 04, 2012)
  #5  
Old Tuesday, September 04, 2012
Bozdar Iqbal's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Ghotki,Sindh Pakistan
Posts: 338
Thanks: 219
Thanked 150 Times in 107 Posts
Bozdar Iqbal will become famous soon enough
Post

please share MCQs from JWT.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old Thursday, September 06, 2012
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Malik qasim khokhar is on a distinguished road
Default C

Realy good effort
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old Thursday, September 06, 2012
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Lahore
Posts: 25
Thanks: 7
Thanked 15 Times in 7 Posts
okm123 is on a distinguished road
Default

In css 2012 CA mcq's were mostly from history and very few from contemporary issues. So one should see the trend and prepare accordingly.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old Thursday, September 06, 2012
Ali Mallah's Avatar
Senior Member
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2012- Roll No 1988Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Acedemic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,550
Thanks: 485
Thanked 1,553 Times in 904 Posts
Ali Mallah is a name known to allAli Mallah is a name known to allAli Mallah is a name known to allAli Mallah is a name known to allAli Mallah is a name known to allAli Mallah is a name known to all
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by okm123 View Post
In css 2012 CA mcq's were mostly from history and very few from contemporary issues. So one should see the trend and prepare accordingly.
Well trend does not remain same every time. FPSC tries to be unpredictable so lets not stick only to option, its necessary to be in touch with the current issues.
__________________
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude...Zig Ziglar
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old Monday, September 10, 2012
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 7
Thanks: 6
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
huma55 is on a distinguished road
Default

Can someone plz post the remaining mcqs from rai Iqbal's current affairs
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to huma55 For This Useful Post:
mushtaque ahmed solangi (Tuesday, September 11, 2012)
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Plz Submit Current Affairs MCQs here mhmmdkashif Current Affairs 8 Thursday, December 17, 2009 02:55 AM
scoring high in 'current affairs' and 'pak affairs'... jbkhan Current Affairs 7 Wednesday, October 24, 2007 12:01 PM
All about Current Affairs Argus Current Affairs 1 Tuesday, November 15, 2005 03:01 PM


CSS Forum on Facebook Follow CSS Forum on Twitter

Disclaimer: This is not the official website of Federal Public Service Commission Pakistan. This is a non-commercial website helping individuals who intend to join civil service of Pakistan. The material on this website is provided for informational purposes only. We do not claim that the site is an exhaustive compilation of information about Civil Service of Pakistan neither represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any information, content contained on, or linked, downloaded or accessed from any page of this website. These materials are intended, but not promised or guaranteed to be current, complete or up to date. However, honest efforts have been made to provide comprehensive information for the benefit of users. The documents and material displayed or mentioned on this site are not official copies. Please contact FPSC for updated rules and regulations governing CSS examination.

Sponsors: ArgusVision   vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.