Monday, May 06, 2024
06:18 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Monday, May 11, 2015

kingfalcon will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAO RAMEEZ View Post
Yeah...They actually divorced your state because state failed to protect their rights or exploit their capabilities. So, they are British nationals now not "Pakistani" people..And some people take it as Islam has conquered Britain...They are "Celebrities" for Pakistanis now. And those who are serving the nations and giving every thing to it are actually never praised and sometimes hailed as traitors as well...

In Mature democratic states like British the manifestos matter a lot rather then the personalities and what least matters is their religion. They select popular people in the communities, something very different from our system where sometimes we listen the name of that person during 2-3 days of election and then they disappear for 5 years.
It's an election of policies actually.
Exactly Rao Rameez, you are very right. It's good to see an aware person like you here on the forum.

By the way people who went there as "Labour/Mazdoor", their children are now becoming MPs/Doctors/Ministers/Businessmen etc. A bus driver's son got elected into the Parliament just because his people liked him/his party's policies.

In that country, you are rewarded for your abilities and hard work. An engineer, professor, scientist, doctor is highly respected than a policeman or a soldier.

I sometimes think of migrating to one of those developed countries if things (esp CSS) doesn't work out for me here.
The Following User Says Thank You to kingfalcon For This Useful Post:
RAO RAMEEZ (Monday, May 11, 2015)
Old Tuesday, May 12, 2015

husseych is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAO RAMEEZ View Post
Yeah...They actually divorced your state because state failed to protect their rights or exploit their capabilities. So, they are British nationals now not "Pakistani" people..And some people take it as Islam has conquered Britain...They are "Celebrities" for Pakistanis now. And those who are serving the nations and giving every thing to it are actually never praised and sometimes hailed as traitors as well...

In Mature democratic states like British the manifestos matter a lot rather then the personalities and what least matters is their religion. They select popular people in the communities, something very different from our system where sometimes we listen the name of that person during 2-3 days of election and then they disappear for 5 years.
It's an election of policies actually.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfalcon View Post
Exactly Rao Rameez, you are very right. It's good to see an aware person like you here on the forum.

By the way people who went there as "Labour/Mazdoor", their children are now becoming MPs/Doctors/Ministers/Businessmen etc. A bus driver's son got elected into the Parliament just because his people liked him/his party's policies.

In that country, you are rewarded for your abilities and hard work. An engineer, professor, scientist, doctor is highly respected than a policeman or a soldier.

I sometimes think of migrating to one of those developed countries if things (esp CSS) doesn't work out for me here.
I pretty much agree with both of you that there is nothing to be gained for Pakistan for Muslims in wider aspect, with these Pakistani Muslims becoming part of British Parliament. But still I believe that it has provided an opportunity to Muslims and Pakistanis to raise their voice, at least in some core issues. Syeda Warsi is one example. She was British Minister and (I think) Co-President of conservatives and resigned over British policy on Israel-Palestine conflict. Though I believe that she could have done better by remaining in party and government and raising her voice in democratic way. but still she is one such example which can be used to show that these people can help to raise voice of Muslims.
Similarly, Lord Nazir is known to be outspoken about Altaf Hussain and he often visits Pakistan. Since, Lord Nazir also has good contacts with various Pakistani politicians, he can help Pakistan on different diplomatic forums. Similarly, Ch Sarwar was very close to Nawaz Shref when he was MP. But irony is that our politicians use them to get personal benefits (Ch Sarwar was known to host lunches and dinners for Nawaz Shref on his UK visit).

Vegeta is on a distinguished road

After losing the election, Party Leaders of Labour, Liberal Democrats and UKIP resign (well okay UKIP is a bit different). The accountability the Party Leaders felt they owed to members of their party and voters, is amazing.

husseych is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahargull View Post
there is no dandli in UK election
because there is a difference of thousands of miles in democracy of UK and our so called 'democracy'.

P.S: George Galloway has alleged Labours of corrupt practices in his constituency, though