Tuesday, May 21, 2024
09:12 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Tuesday, June 05, 2007

hali is on a distinguished road
Default imam e kaba,s cooments about zial ul haq

recently imam has said that zia ul haq has done alot for islam in pakistan ,
wel this is a very controversial statement ,what u think about this i have my views as well but i will explain later on

Nosheen is on a distinguished road

well of course zia ul haq has started sectarian terrorism in pakistan thts a big job
And miles to go before i sleep
S.Nosheen
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Wounded Healer has a spectacular aura aboutWounded Healer has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosheen
well of course zia ul haq has started sectarian terrorism in pakistan thts a big job
........well said Nosheen.

anyways, i think that the statement made by imam-e-kaaba does not reflect the reality..........this statement is most probably politically motivated.............or maybe he didnt know how else to fill the speech he was going to give.............
actually, the imam was talking about Pakistan and how the country is striving for the glorification of islam............perhaps it was just a slip of the tongue that he mentioned zia-ul-haq while he was talking about it............or perhaps, he had some other reason...........
u guys be the judge of that.
and veracity of such shall one day vindicate
the vigilant and the virtuous.
Old Wednesday, June 06, 2007

hafizqasirabbas is on a distinguished road

well,,,it is not so strange if ome one goes to credit zia ul haq if he just know what he did at that time and if he is not in knowledge of effects of services of zia ul haq for islam.i think imam a kaba just knows the political side of it which is quite differnt from reality.
Old Thursday, June 07, 2007

asim sial is on a distinguished road
Default well said nosheen

very well said nosheen,first of all i want 2 know the critaria of islam before imam e kaba,first time in pakistan many peoples were murdererd on the basis of sectarian terrorism,the terrorist activities of MQM and SIPA SAHABA started in his region,shia and sunni were killing each other in his region,smugling of drugs and weapons through afghanistan started in his region,he murdered thousands of shias in gilgat and skardu.

He asked col.Qaddafi and sheikh zaiyed if i beleive on Quran i will not kill bhutto.after all of this imam e kaba has to apologise for his stastement.

s khan mohmand is on a distinguished road

well dears;

zia created the so called taliban against uusr in afghan war...... and now u all knows...

once an ussr minister told during rusain and afghan war that these (taliban) would fight against the american in future and then it would be another threat to the world peace..

Imam i Kaba only knows that zia launched his Islamization but what the rest and behind all tht was GOD Knows Better
37th Common
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2008 - Merit 186th

555 will become famous soon enough

Dear members!

It is the cruelty of history and circumstances that those who are heroes become villain and villains become heroes with the change of circumstances.
The people who fought against Russia were heroes at that time because The US needed them.Zia was the hero of Pakhtuns and the muslims all over the world.Now, the scenario has changed; jehadis became terrorists and Zia became the hatred figure after the so called enlightened moderation.Our foreign policy changes as the US wishes.Zia was not different from other dictators.He formed MQM and Sipah Sahaba.But the problem is with our chequered foreign policy and the status of a client state.Unless we change our status of beggers nation and bring chnage in our internal set up , we will have to face such dilemmas again and again.Musharaf is a hero now but will be villain tomorrow as happened with Zia.

Najabat is on a distinguished road

Bool Kay lab Aazad hay teray, this verse facilitates me to present my perception about the statement of H.E. Imam-e-Kaaba Sheikh Hafiz Abdul Rahman Al-Sudais.

Well if we judge the scenario on comparative basis then the statement is not very much against the facts. In order to support my point of view I would like to give some supporting arguments.

There is no doubt that Zia is the first person in the history of Pakistani politics who established the Federal Shariah Court to decide cases according to the teachings of the Holy Quran and Sunnah. Appeals against the Lower and High Courts were to be presented before the Shariah Court for hearing.

Zia introduced the Zakat, Ushr, Islamic Hadood and Penal Code in the country. The Government invited eminent scholars to compile laws about Islamic financing. The Zakat and Ushr Ordinance to Islamize the economic system was promulgated on June 20, 1980. It covered only Islamic organizations, associations and institutions.

The Government appointed Central, Provincial, District and Tehsil Zakat Committees to distribute Zakat funds to the needy, poor, orphans and widows. Shias were exempted from Zakat deduction from their accounts due to their own religious beliefs.

The first Ombudsman was appointed to rectify the misadministration of the Federal Government, officials and agencies. It’s no doubt a great service to the poor nation.

A Shariah Council consisting of ulema was established to look into the constitutional and legal matters of the State in order to bring them in line with Islamic thought. Since Islam does not allow interest, On January 1, 1980, Zia-ul-Haq introduced a "Profit and Loss Sharing System" according to which an account holder was to share the loss and profit of the bank.

Television especially was brought under the Islamization campaign, female anchor persons were required to cover their heads, the Azan was relayed regularly on radio and television to announce time for prayers.

As the government grew further in its Islamic leanings, the numbers of mosques were increased. Ordinance for the sanctity of Ramazan was introduced to pay reverence to the holy month of Ramazan. The Ordinance forbade public drinking and eating during the holy month of Ramazan. A three months imprisonment and a fine of Rupees 500 were imposed for violating the Ordinance.

Zia's Government introduced the Hadood Ordinance for the first time in Pakistan, which meant the punishments ordained by the Holy Quran or Sunnah on the use of liquor, theft, adultery and qazf. Under this Ordinance, a culprit could be sentenced to lashing, life imprisonment and in some cases, death by stoning.

The bottom line of all my concern is that Mr. Zia did prominent work for Islamization in Pakistan. The point missed in our discussion is we don’t get another politician have an urge for Islamic society in Pakistan after Zia to review the policies and make these policies forward in proper channels. The only and major burning issue of Zia regime was flourishing of sectarianism in Pakistan which was off course not his policy but the output of ignoring a check and balance on people with extremist minds and inflexible thinking point of view.
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CSS 2007

DuuA is an unknown quantity at this point

History is an endless repetition of the wrong way of living. Change of circumstances does not alter the status of a hero or villain. Consequences of an event determine the kind of impact that can confer the hero ship or villain ship and thus enable us (masses) to rate it accordingly. Though facts have been fabricated but then it is for us to see the so-called flip side of an event.

Every change kicks off with a hope but time is the prime judge. Yes, this is true that USA used Pakistan for her purpose but that does not mean that rulers here were naïve and they were just a puppet in the hands of Uncle Sam. We all know that Zia wanted to perpetuate his rule. And what could have been the better option than to entangle in a war that has no foreseeable end. He was never a hero. He ruined our country like hell, be it in political terms, social fabric or religious aspects. He was the one who dragged the theology in the corridors of power. We have seen the culmination of army-clergy nexus in his days. Ok, he was the one who introduced Islam in politics. But with this acknowledgement we come to the end of facts and beginning of trumped-up pieces of history. How he twisted, contorted, slanted and malignly manipulated Islam is a long story. Minority plight, women oppression, sectarian terrorism, Islamisation of science and technology and our social fabric, madressah mushrooms, Kalashnikov culture, holding constitution a cheap crap (though that’s not something new), gagged media, clamor of so-called “strategic interests” in Afghanistan (misleading nation), ultimate rise of militancy and indirect fall-out of Kashmir policy. If by any manner of means he had done something “good” (that I’m unable to recall right now), it had surely been overridden by the ill effects. One man rule can never be appreciated but if someone wants to see the worst case of hypocrisy see the unprecedented Zia era—The Era of Mard-e-Momin of Pakistan. Our history is packed with the pool of personalities, not institutions.

If Imam-e-Kaaba is eulogizing Zia, then perhaps he is not the one to be blamed. After all he belongs to a country where dictatorship is never condemned. And KSA was among those countries that actually helped Zia to fight that proxy war backed by USA. People say there is no democracy in Islam. But come on guys there is no room for dictatorship either. We do not need to patronize a dictator to glorify our religion.

Nosheen is on a distinguished road

first of all @ 555
"who becomes hero and who becomes the villian " this has been and should be decided by history.when will our politicians understand tht their actions leave irremovable footprints in the history.wht seems to be a mere speck of the problem always snowballs into somthing huge problem tht is difficult to handle.
and Najabat
Islam cannot be impose.if one wants to implement Islam he has to work for spreading the real teaching and spirit of islam rather than imposing a few acts on the general masses.Has he done really somthing worthwile history will surely never forget tht.
And miles to go before i sleep
S.Nosheen