Sunday, April 28, 2024
03:05 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Saturday, October 24, 2015

iamauk is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Is the military only responsible for the increasing peace ?

Pakistan after a decade of terrorism and crime is somehow getting towards a peaceful time and has attained a significant changes against terrorism and crime. As according to reports near 70% security issue are curbed. So the question is that is the military only responsible for this ? As it's only General Raheel Shareef being praised all over the country ? Is not somehow the government of country also accountable for this ?

faisal4pro is on a distinguished road

The government is certainly liable to credit. But this is for sure that these efforts for peace by the government are not by itself. These actions are being taken and encouraged after enforcement of "Army". This government has history of love towards India but this time it is looking like "PML-N" has learned from the past.

Prince Irfan Ali is on a distinguished road

State runs by collaboration of different institutions therefore just credit does not go to army for restoration peace but others institutions also deserve like Police, FIA ,IB ,NAB etc. their role is significance either directly or indirectly. In Karachi the targeted operations are carried out with cooperation of rangers and police against terrorism.

Army is institution to tackle the foreign aggression. Police is institution which can tackle domestic issues related to peace restoration within country because it can understand society, it has public dealing whereas army is lacking, in police dept. is lacking proper training and equipping with modern technology and that gap is filled by rangers therefore the collaboration rangers and police are tackling the terrorism effectively ,in consequence the peace restoration is taking place moreover other institutions have also role in restoration of peace
LovelyMano (Monday, November 09, 2015)
Old Sunday, October 25, 2015

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Irfan Ali View Post
State runs by collaboration... ...in restoration of peace
Quote:
Originally Posted by faisal4pro View Post
The government is certainly liable... ...from the past.
Off course all the institutions have been equally credible but in Pakistan things are not as conventional. Many analysts claim that behind these all actions like NAP and Rangers ( though under civilian government but is completely influenced by military ) The idea in NAP of military courts and other similar tactics was actually given by military and over this no politician had dared to put any objection. There are numerous analysts terming these anti-terrorism strikes completely handled under the jurisdiction of military. Some analysts have even concluded that though PM is showing his willful support to the operation in Karachi but in reality he's reluctant and it's due to military he can't take the steps back. Prince Irfan i agree that every institution has it's own axis to move on but we can't define things as written in constitution only but the best we know is when we measure them by their practical actions.

kingfalcon will become famous soon enough

Take Gen Raheel Sharif out of the picture and do you think all these other people could've managed things? I doubt they could. The state is transforming into a secular and democratic one gradually.
The Following User Says Thank You to kingfalcon For This Useful Post:

RAO RAMEEZ is on a distinguished road

The Question is.....Who deteriorated this "peace" at first place???

Monk will become famous soon enoughMonk will become famous soon enough
Default Is the military only responsible for the increasing peace ?

Military disrupted the peace of this country in first place now it's trying to make amends.The operation being conducted against terrorists brought a respite. The terrorists groups have been dismantled and they're on the run but it doesn't mean that this peace is sustainable. Killing terrorists to bring peace is like treating cancer with pain killer.

The root cause of violence is extremism. Current operation is doing nothing to curb extremism. The National action plan is taking NAP. Army still differentiates between good and bad Taliban which means on one hand army is trying to kill people who are extremists and on the other hand it's supporting extremist ideology.

The toxic ideology has penetrated so deep in our society that it will take some generations to eradicate it altogether. Until and unless that toxic ideology is nipped in the bud the extremism will continue to flourish and peace in Pakistan will remain an elusive dream. Unfortunately neither the military establishment nor the civilians have an alternate ideology to deal with the toxic ideology which is deeply rooted in almost every citizen of Pakistan.
The Following User Says Thank You to Monk For This Useful Post:
naheed Akhtar (Friday, November 20, 2015)

kingfalcon will become famous soon enough

Yes, society in general has become highly extremist/fanatic and intolerant. The roots are not being addressed.

There is an alternate narrative and a very good one, but nobody has the courage to put it on the table. That narrative is the dream to build a country on the lines of countries like Norway, UK, Canada, etc. Our people desperately need exposure to civilised and advanced western countries, they need to know a different perspective and broaden their horizons.
The Following User Says Thank You to kingfalcon For This Useful Post:
Old Monday, October 26, 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAO RAMEEZ View Post
The Question is.....Who deteriorated this "peace" at first place???
Agree, in other words we are being fed by the same hands we were deprived by. But what can a nation like us do which has nothing left to rely on. Always Military is the only left option after measuring the water of politicians. Well whoever put us in this condition make it unknown, at now question is that "is the military only responsible for the concurrent steps taken against terrorism ?