Sunday, April 28, 2024
09:02 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Thursday, October 20, 2005
SIBGA-TUL-JANAT
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Appreciation

sibgakhan is a jewel in the roughsibgakhan is a jewel in the roughsibgakhan is a jewel in the roughsibgakhan is a jewel in the rough
Arrow The future of kashmir

AOA,

I was just reading BBC news and found this topic and thought to share with all of u..........BBC have described Kashmir Situation & problems which can come in future ..............Read this .......PLZ

What do u say about this.....Which Solution is possible.........????????

BBC Link

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/h...ml/default.stm
Old Saturday, October 22, 2005
Best Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason: Best ModMedal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Babban Miyan Ding Dong is on a distinguished road

Assalam Alaikum,

Though, I agree with the first scenario of plebicite, and let the Kashmiris decide their future. But the crucial question in the whole equation is, Will Kashmir be better off with Pakistan?

This is a very important question, that each one of us should ask ourselves. The struggle of Kashmir to me, resembles the struggle for muslims to gain the independence of Pakistan, the ideological state in South Asia, where muslims can live in harmony. Same applies to this genuine struggle, where kashmiris are striving to live in harmony in their own homeland, and for which they are struggling their hearts out. But, what will happened after they gain independence. Probability is that Kashmiris will decide to merge with Pakistan, if given a choice. But Pakistan in case of merging with Kashmir, can it deliver to Kashmiris what they are hoping for, once they reunite with us.

Let's examine that point, 14 th August 1947, was the day Pakistan gained Independence with two geographical regions, EAST and WEST. Even though east was not connected to west by land, and made things difficult for the country as a whole, where the weak government of Pakistan was barely standing on its feets by the unjustified division of assets between India and Pakistan, and had hard time delivering to its masses on both sides. But the fact of the matter is, that we had East Pakistan until 1971, and there were some serious resentments on part of the East pakistanis for the government not doing enough for them, and eventually India took advantage of it in the war, and Bangladesh was created.

The whole other half of Pakistan was lost, because we could not deliver to our masses. Look at the situations that's playing out in Balochistan. Balochis on their part catering the same resentment, that East once held, for the government not doing enough for the welfare of their region. I am in no way suggesting, that Balochistan will become next Bangaldesh, but there are some troubling signs.

Coming back to the issue of Kashmir, if pakistan have so far not delivered to the people living in their own provinces, and eventually lost half of their country in 1971, will we be any good to Kashmir once it becomes the integral part of our country?

Kasmiris everyday are crushed by the aggression of Indian Army, and its rule in Jammu, and hoping that Pakistan would come to their help, and Pakistan on the other side is engaged in never ending diplomatic mumbo jumbo with India to solve the crisis, and that's it. That's all we are doing, and an average citizen in pakistan can care less as to what happens in Kashmir, because he has his own problems to take care of. As to the people who are staging arm struggle against that aggression are called TERRORIST, and we are by the way, an strong ally of the west to eliminate terrorism in all of its forms, are indirectly supporting Indian military occupation of Kashmir. The west very happily call these freedom fighters TERRORIST. So the questions is are we for it or against it?

Once again corrections are welcome and criticism, sure why not!
By the way I am 100% Paksiatni and love my country wholeheartedly, and don't mean to sound non patriotic.

Thanks.
Old Sunday, October 23, 2005
Banned

THE 1 will become famous soon enough
Exclamation

I would agree to the fact that our Govts. so far have proved worthless and an average Pakistani has a lot more to care for his own living rather than caring for those in Kashmir (by this statement i have no intention to imply that I have no sympathy for the Kashmiris), however, since our govt. cannot handle this small part of Pakistan consisting of only 4 provinces, how do we expect it to handle Kashmir? The best way is to give Kashmir Independence.

BUT, from what i know about the Hindus' nature, they'll never leave Kashmir alone, so we can easily rule out the possibility of India leaving Kashmir alone.
So theres only one solution left, which fortunately our govts. have been pursuing for the last couple of decades ...... Pakistan keep acting as a hero for Kashmiris, helping them every now and then but discreetly. And Pakistani govt. taking the issue of Kashmir to UN whenever they don't have anything else to waste time on, and PTV keep showing the atrocities committed by the bloody indian army in occupied Kashmir. There isn't anything more to it, and the innocent Kashmiris will have to live with it.... atleast till India's downfall.
Old Monday, October 24, 2005
Abdullah

Angry cursing our own faults!

Qudrat Ullah Shahab, in his book 'Shahab Nama' , has mentioned about his conversation with a yankee ambassador in pakistan, during ayub's regime. The said american diplomat told mr shahab, that , it was america's interest to consistently create turbulence in countries like pakistan to meet Her vested interests through undemocratic onslaughts especially military coups.... Our 60 yrs of history bear an unrefutable testimony to this very fact...
from constitutional point of view our defence chain of command goes like this:
president--> premiere-->defence minister-->defence secretary-->chief of army staff....

but in our country an army chief ,can, at any time, do away with a democratically elected govt, out of his inferiority complex...
now if we compare these practices with the attitude of indian armed forces, i have an example to mention. Once an army chief from across the border gave a very belligerent statement , i.e to teach pakistan a lesson , and he was compelled to forced retirement by his govt, on the pretext that it was not a military officer's duty to pass poltical statements...i m not critical of whole pakistan army. its only those military high ups who think themselves exclusive of any sort consituional checks and balances...Now these were the same military generals who were hated to the core by the bengalis and same are being accursed by the Balochis ,these are the same people who have completely crippled our bureaucratic setup, these are the same people who always forge the election results in the favour of their own political sycophants.....
i once again say that all the militaty personal are not like that.... i salute the valour and bravery of all those , who ,in the face of all the oddities, have been an iron wall for us against the blatant rogueness of hindutva......
but again i must say , when we have been living under the cult of undermined democratic values, lead by our military , isn't it shameful of us to demand a transparent plebescite under the UN auspices?