Friday, April 26, 2024
02:10 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sunday, September 02, 2007

Raaema is on a distinguished road
Default plz help me in investigating

salam!
i want to dscs here something imp!
my friend said, hamen 15th Shabaan as shab-e-barat nahin manani chahiya, cz Quran main iska koi zikar nahin, she is denying hadith too, she says , hadith are not authenticated, she said prove me by any of aayat of Quran then i will blv or not!
now tell me! what should i do! bcz main nai bohat si hadith main iski fazeelat parhi hai, but she is not understanding! can any of you help me so that i can convey her! ya kia main ghalat hun??? m confused @ this point! plz help! tc, aur personally send me an email here!
tc
Old Sunday, September 02, 2007

gulfam malik is on a distinguished road

it is not necessary that each and everything must be there in QURAN....
many things are not dicussed in quran but those are obligatory for us
at this particular night ALLAH ALMIGHTY decides our fate(death,birth,rizq etc) for coming year.no doubt there is no hint regarding this night and u can turn the table by asking her the reason that why she is denying the hadith
as for as your friend's satisfaction is concerned,there is no authentic source than the hadith(if she is denying hadith u can do nothing)
if she is doing so then ask her where did she learned
1.how to say prayers(in quran ALLAH asked us to say prayer,didnt tell the method)
2.way of dressing up(hijab etc)
3.way of eating (whether with left hand or right) etc etc
all these matters were explained by HOLY PROPHET (pbuh)
The Following User Says Thank You to gulfam malik For This Useful Post:
Last Island (Monday, September 03, 2007)
Old Monday, September 03, 2007
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,975 Times in 838 Posts
Predator is a splendid one to beholdPredator is a splendid one to beholdPredator is a splendid one to beholdPredator is a splendid one to beholdPredator is a splendid one to beholdPredator is a splendid one to behold

All praise are due to Allah Whose entity cannot be described and Whose majesty and power beyond beyond the reach of intellect.
Hazrat Ali (A.S)
Old Monday, September 03, 2007
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,049 Times in 524 Posts
Waqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raaema
salam!
i want to dscs here something imp!
my friend said, hamen 15th Shabaan as shab-e-barat nahin manani chahiya, cz Quran main iska koi zikar nahin, she is denying hadith too, she says , hadith are not authenticated, she said prove me by any of aayat of Quran then i will blv or not!
now tell me! what should i do! bcz main nai bohat si hadith main iski fazeelat parhi hai, but she is not understanding! can any of you help me so that i can convey her! ya kia main ghalat hun??? m confused @ this point! plz help! tc, aur personally send me an email here!
tc
Lailatul Barat
By Saifuddin Chowdhury
Sun, 18 Sep 2005, 11:280

The night of the 15th of Shaban, known as Lailat-ul-Bara'at is popularly known as Shab-e-Baraat in our country. Both the words ‘Lailat’ in Arabic and ‘Shab’ in Persian mean ‘Night’ and the word ‘Baraat’ stands for ‘Salvation’ or ‘Privilege’. The night occupy a glorious and important place in the life every Muslim.

According Hadith Lailat-ul-Bara'at or Shab-e-Bara'at means the night of emancipation, salvation. It is also described as the ‘night of fate.’ According to this version, human fate and destiny is decided for the next year in this night. In view of the emancipation of the sinners, seeking the forgineness of Allah and praying for His mercy is the responsibility of the faithful. The Prophet (SM) says, “Perform prayers waking up at night, when the 15th night of Shaban comes and perform fasting in the daytime.” (Tirmizee Sharif). The Prophet (SM) also said to Hazrat Ayesha (RA), “The names of the children who will have birth and (the names of persons) who will die this year are listed in the night. And in this night the record of virtue and vice of human being is submitted to Allah. The allotment of ‘rizq’ (food) is decided in the night.” This Hadith describes about the decision of fate and livelihood by Allah in this graceful night: including the submission of the records of virtuous and sinful activities of every human being to Him. The Muslim community thus seek forgiveness and emancipation and also pray for their onward bright fate.

Quoting some verses from the Holy Quran it is said that the blessed night is not in the month of Shaban. It is in the night of Ramadhan, precisely 27th Ramadhan. And this is the night in which the fate of human beings for next one year is written. So what is done in Bangladesh in the night of the 15th of Shaban is totally wrong and runs counter to the teachings, the Holy Quran upholds.

It may be pointed out here that the soruces of law in Islam are: (1) The Holy Quran, (2) The Hadith and Sunnah, (Hadith means what Prophet (SM) said and Sunnah means what Prophet (sm) did (3) Ijmah and (4) Qiyas. “Lailat-ul-Bara'at has not been mentioned directly or specifically in the Holy Quran, but mention is there of Lailatum-Mubarakatun.” So it does not mean that we shall misconstrue the Verses of the Holy Quran. There are also many authentic Hadith and evidence which testify so eloquently to the fact that the Prophet (SM) himself used to say special prayers on this holy night. He went to ‘Zannatul Baqi’ graveyard to pray for the salvation of those there on this night. The Prophet (SM) used to offer his prayers with such devotion and dedication that his feet got swollen on this night. “Glorious incidents like these testify so brilliantly to the Prophet’s (SM) belief in the importance, sanctity and divine excellence of the auspicious Night of Privilege or Salvation.”

It is claimed that in the holy night the heavenly tree Sidrat-ul-Muntaha, specially mentioned in the Holy Quran (L III 4), is shaken to decide who shall die in the following year. The Prophet (SM) himself advised all not to forget or foolishly ignore the sacred importance and sanctity of the holy night. He declared, “Allah forgives every Muslim in this night. He does not, however, forgive the Mushrik, the jealous, the cruel and the adulterer. Allah opens the door of Mercy and Divine Grace for the mankind on four Nights: the two Nights of Eids, the Night on the 15th of Shaban and the Night of Arafat. (Two other Nights, Shab-e-Qadar and Shab-e-Miraj have been specially referred to in the Holy Quran). So this Shab-e-Baraat is very significant and indeed a solemn and sacred occasion of Divine Excellence which is to be observed in a befitting way, by prayers and repentance, begging pardon from Allah of sins, recitation fo the Holy Quran, giving alms to the needy, ‘ziqr’, ‘ziarat’ and not through candles and crackers, not through ‘halwas’ and ‘rootis’.

Mention may be made here that there is no substitute or alternative word for ‘Allah’. Allah is a Quranic word. The Prophet (SM) said "if any Muslim recite the Quranic word he shall earn 10 (ten) Nekis (goodness) for each letter”. But if he says ‘Khuda’, he will not earn these Nekis. Because ‘Khuda’ is not a Quranic word. The very word ‘God’ has feminine gender ‘goddess’. But the word ‘Allah’ has no feminine gender. Allah is Great.

We recite “Aujubillahe Minash Shaitaanir Razim” before starting recitation from the Holy Quran. But ‘Aujubillah’ has not been mentioned at the beginning of the Holy Quran. We recite it because the Prophet (SM) directed us to recite it. The system of two ‘Azans’ (calling for Salat) for Juma'ah prayer (Friday congregational prayer) was introduced during the Caliphate of Hazrat Uthman ®, the third Caliph of Khulafaee-e-Rashedin. Since then the Muslims follow this system of two ‘Azans’. But it has not been mentioned in the Holy Quran and the Hadith. So it cannot be said that it runs counter to the teachings of the Quran and the Hadith. There is also Ijmah and Qiyas in the sources of law in Islam. Religious leaders established a practice named ‘Khatme Jalali’ on the basis of Qiyas. So we cannot find out Sunnah for such practice.

We believe that 1 lakh or contrary to the opinion 2 lakh 24 thousand prophets came to this world. But in the Holy Quran the names of only 25 prophets are mentioned. Should we disbelieve others? Certainly not. As a Muslim we cannot disbelieve others.

We should note one thing that it is very difficult to understand the inner significance from the part of a verse of the Holy Quran. Because some are small verses and some are big verses. Sometimes one verse is explained by another verse. The Prophet (SM) also explained the verses of the Holy Quran. These are compiled in the Hadith. The Hadith is the explanation of the verses of the Holy Quran. There are some backgrounds why, when and what for the verses of the Holy Quran were revealed. The Holy Quran is not the book of literature. The Quran has dealt with so many a subject, viz. religious, social, economic, political, judicial, historical and scientific etc. The Quran is the Charter and Constitution of the Muslim faith which affords the most adequate means for securing the welfare of men in this world and ensuring their salvation in the next. So mere translation of a part of a verse from the Holy Quran help one to know the word meaning but not the inner significance or inner message. To interpret one verse one should know ‘Usulul Fiqh’. Because it implies the independent exercise of intelligence in deciding a point of law, from the knowledge obtained by the study of Quran or Hadith or any other reputed sources of law. To find out Shariah law one should know what is ‘Ijtehad’. The word is derived from the root ‘Gahd’ which means exerting one’s self, i.e. trying to discover the proper application of the teachings of the Quran and the Hadith to a particular situation, and Ijtehad literally conveys the same significance. Ijtehad is expressly recognised in the Hadith as the means by which a decision may be arrived at when there is not direction in the Quran or the Hadith.

As regards ‘Ijma’, the Quran says: “Obey the Prophet and obey those who have authority among you.” The Hadith says: "If anything comes to you which is not in the Quran, then look to the Sunnah of the Prophet; then look to what people unanimously agree upon.” History furnishes facts that the first Caliph of Islam always followed the above principles, when a question came to him for decision. This is known as ‘Ijma’. ‘Qiyas’ is an analogical dedication from the three sources of law Quran, Sunnah, and Ijma. Thus it appears that besides the Quran and the Hadith, Ijma and Qiyas one should research on the Holy Quran and the Hadith. So, research will continue in the days to come too.

It is true that the religious people of Bangladesh pass the night through zealous and active participation in private and congregational prayer held in the mosque seeking the blessings and mercy of Allah.

We hope people, who say what is done in Bangladesh on the occasion of Shab-e-Barat by prayers and repentence, begging pardon from Allah for sins, recitation of the Holy Quran, giving alms to the needy, ‘ziqr’, ‘ziarat’ is wrong and runs counter to the teachings the Quran, will try to understand the inner significance of a verse of the Holy Quran and the sources of law in Islam.
Old Tuesday, September 04, 2007

msn is on a distinguished road

AOA All!

I wouldn't go in depth except

1. http://youtube.com/watch?v=fw3do0TLv6o
2. http://youtube.com/watch?v=7qIdg51woug
3. http://youtube.com/watch?v=uZs6MpIUhAQ
4. http://youtube.com/watch?v=5-j_WRUDaw4

give some time to this. answer won't b quite direct to you people but it'll give u understanding enough and would give the proven-facts as to convince others.

God bless all..........
Old Tuesday, September 04, 2007

msn is on a distinguished road

Dear Anarkali!

you'll have been gone through different views so far. the question u put on table for discussion makes me think abt different aspects:

1. whether u r refusing the existence of God;
2. whether u want to get praise frm others or to be famed;
3. whether u've got enough knowledge than all above guys but not sure about that and want to get opinions frm them;

i might be wrong or right. so dear, wud u please put some light on it and give ur proven/unproven belief on the topic.
Old Monday, September 10, 2007

Raaema is on a distinguished road
Default -0-

Thanks Gulfam, you are very right, even the same example (method of namaz is not mentioned in Quran) has been given to her by me, the day we were discussing, and she said that "...but there are aayats regarding namaz, so we know that we have to pray" she adds "but there is no ayat regarding lailat-ul-barat..." regarding hadith, she says "all were derived after 200years so how can they be authenticated, Allah has promised just to keep Quran safe, not hadith, and so ppl can change the words in Hadith" now!!! ???
mene to usay jitna samjhana tha samjhaya, i even said that the way ppl celebrate it (patakhay jalana, halway pakana, baaqaeda qabristan jana) is not in the celebrations, hamen to bas zada se zada ibadat kerni chahiye aur Allah se apne gunahon ki maafi mangni chahiye so she said wo to her din kerni chahiye, 15 shaban ko kyun kerni chahiye! 15 shaban koi esa khaas din nahin!!!
i guess mainay to apna farz pura kia usay batakay, agay wo aur Allah ka mamla!!!
m i right na!
Old Monday, September 10, 2007

jk_bohio is on a distinguished road

you are before ur computer u know it s made by some one and also made in factory and there is someone that run that factory. will you think that it is not made by anyone and there is noone that run that factory surely you won`t think
if a factory can`t run it self then how this great system of world since unknow era can run itself.SOMEONE run it and THAT is AALAH

the holy quran says
the production of this universe and alternation of day and night holds signs for wise ones

from here it is obvious that ALLAH run this universe and he is presesnt every where. and it should be cleared that he is one at all. because if there were more than one ALLAH every one wanted to run universe with his wish and there would be a discontention between them and the system of universe would be immanaged

as holy quran says
if there were more then on ALLAH between earth and sky there would be a destruction between them

regards
jk

Lord of himself ,though not of lands

He hath nothing, yet he hath all