Sunday, April 28, 2024
09:29 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Friday, October 28, 2005

Satan is on a distinguished road
Default US Elite Lewis "Scooter" Libby indicted

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Vice President Dick Cheney's chief of staff, Lewis Libby, was indicted on Friday on five criminal counts of obstruction of justice, perjury and making false statements after a two-year investigation into the leak of a covert CIA operative's identity.

President George W. Bush's top political adviser, Karl Rove, was not indicted along with Libby but special counsel Patrick Fitzgerald has made clear to Rove that he remains under investigation and in legal jeopardy, legal sources said.

Libby, who as Cheney's chief of staff played a major behind-the-scenes role in building the case for the Iraq war, was accused of lying in 2003 about how and when he learned and disclosed to reporters classified information about the covert operative, Valerie Plame.

If convicted, Libby, 55, faces a maximum sentence of 30 years in prison and a $1.25 million fine, prosecutors said.

Fitzgerald planned to hold a news conference at 2 p.m. EDT

The charges handed up by the grand jury during a three-minute proceeding were the first in the two-year investigation, sparked by the public disclosure of Plame's identity in a July 14, 2003, newspaper column by Robert Novak.

The leak case has put a spotlight on the sometimes aggressive tactics the White House uses to counter critics of the Iraq war. It has also focused attention on the administration's shifting justifications for the 2003 invasion, from the threat of Iraqi weapons of mass destruction -- which were never found -- to a need to spread democracy.

Plame's identity was leaked to the media after her diplomat husband, Joseph Wilson, accused the Bush administration of twisting prewar intelligence to support military action against Iraq. Wilson said it was done deliberately to erode his credibility.
Old Saturday, October 29, 2005
Best Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason: Best ModMedal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Babban Miyan Ding Dong is on a distinguished road

Assalam Alaikum,

I hope they indicte Karl Rove, and the chances are that his indictment is sooner than later. That would be interesting, Bush without Rove.

Thanks.

Satan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babban Miyan Ding Dong
Assalam Alaikum,

I hope they indicte Karl Rove, and the chances are that his indictment is sooner than later. That would be interesting, Bush without Rove.

Thanks.
Lewis "Scooter" Libby, the name reminds me of another person having the same surname libbi i.e Abu Faraj Al-Libbi; the so called number 3 of Al-Qaeda by the west, which was handed over by Pakistan and in reward we got this infamous carricature from washingtontimes.The image is attached below.
Attached Images
File Type: gif Washington Times.gif (15.0 KB, 58 views)

Last edited by Satan; Saturday, October 29, 2005 at 03:17 AM.
Best Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason: Best ModMedal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Assalam Alaikum,

Isn't that the reality, they are merely giving us the reality check. Be ally with us and u have to be a dog, a dog with a leash, with no identity of his own and certainly no principles.

Thanks.
G R E N A D E
Moderator: Ribbon awarded to moderators of the forum - Issue reason: Khushal  moderates General ChatMedal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Appreciation

Khushal has a spectacular aura aboutKhushal has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satan
Lewis "Scooter" Libby, the name reminds me of another person having the same surname libbi i.e Abu Faraj Al-Libbi; the so called number 3 of Al-Qaeda by the west, which was handed over by Pakistan and in reward we got this infamous carricature from washingtontimes.The image is attached below.
This is what i received as an E-mail just few days after the Cartoon was published in the "Washington Times", it features Holly Wood Actress Angelina Jolie's visit to Pakistan regarding the Afghan Refugees! Image is attached...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg reply hound.JPG (27.8 KB, 52 views)

Assalam Alaikum,

Nice job guys, after all we are pakistanis, we can stick it to the man!

I liked that.
Banned

THE 1 will become famous soon enough
Thumbs down @Satan

hey! thanx for sharing that carricature! I'd been lookin for it since the time i heard of it but never witnessed it.

I guess this carricature is not as insulting as the statement that a US Senator had made back when our Govt. handed over Aimal Kansi to the US-Authorities.

Besides, ALLAH S.W.T has promised humiliation of the ummah when it strays from the path of islam... Infact, this is what they call the beginning of the end.

Regards,

BUSHaRRaF

Last edited by THE 1; Saturday, October 29, 2005 at 07:46 AM.

Assalam Alaikum,

Mr. Busharraf, as always you sum things up very nicely.

Thanks.