Monday, May 13, 2024
01:07 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Tuesday, October 02, 2007

amy has a spectacular aura aboutamy has a spectacular aura about
Default Whither media freedom?

President General Pervez Musharraf’s much trumpeted media freedom suffered a deadly bruise when scores of journalists were beaten in Islamabad on September 29.
But is it credible even to say that media freedom existed in the country in the first place?

do u agree with that?
Old Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Location: uddas maziii ki sochoan main aur future k khatroan main
simpleman is on a distinguished road

salam
we must appriciate media freedom
i think current ly media is much in power as compare topast
u have seen programms running on differnent tv channels
u can search by typing in youtube followring key words then u can watch these programms
4man show
capital talk
hum sab umeed say hain
jawab deh
meraiy mutabiq
all this shows that media is free and it has got power to speak
thanx
Old Wednesday, October 03, 2007
Provincial Civil Service
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: PMS / PCS Award: Serving PMS / PCS (BS 17) officers are eligible only. - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,335 Times in 569 Posts
Xeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdom

According the speech of the journalist's leader infront of the Presidency he said " Someone asked to Cleopatra that you are very beautiful, after that she put the mirrors every where in her Castle, whenever she passed by the mirror she had to look herself in the mirror every time. So the present government issued the TV-channel liscence in large amount, and when that mirrors ( TV-channels) showed the real picture of the goverrnment they started to break the mirrors".

Media should be free to aware the nation about the Government's reputation and about the public representatives sent by us in the assemblies.Media is not free. Look the battlefield in Shahra-e-Dastoor and imposing ban on cable operators to stop live tranmission showing by private channels of beating the journalists and lawyers. Attack on Geo tv network is not showing that media is free.
Old Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Wazeer is an unknown quantity at this point

Media has become a corporate . It has become a commodity .There is no news left so they are trying to make the news . Musharaf and this state has done everypossible thing to make media independent but thye need too much freedom like any other instiaton of paksitan . Pakistan has become a cake where ech isntitaution is striving to have its own .Electornice media is not even i nthe hand of these blackmailers.There is a long history of journslit blackmailing and playing role of leftist and rightis.The state must do something otherwise they will start braking any goverment and paksitani nation must not depend upon media only to be educated religiously,politically and socially .They must go to lbraries and must read history and other subject .The attenation being paid to what they are saying is an unacceptable and unignorable problem .
Old Thursday, October 04, 2007

sam_diya is on a distinguished road

today,major part of battles is fought on media rather on feilds so importancs of media can never be neglected.a free n fair media can represent the true pictue only.the freedom of press n media goes to the present government n pk has witnessed one of the most outspoken media in its history during the past few years,but i must say that media in pk is not fully INDEPENDENT..although the govt claims that they have given it fredom but it is to some extent.media can only be influentil if it is granted 100% freedom.today media says too much but its effects are limited.we can see positive effects in the case of CHIEF JUSTICE but on the other hand it falied to give effective results in the case of NAWAZ SARIF,S 2ND EXILE although a lagre no. of media was accompaning him....

amy has a spectacular aura aboutamy has a spectacular aura about

Agreed to all august members- beside this Statistics tell us that 22 journalists have so far lost their lives in the tenure of the present government. There are an even higher number of attacks on journalists. If we count among them the practice of blocking the transmissions of private television channels, we get a fairly good idea of what the government version of free media implies.

Wazeer is an unknown quantity at this point

I am media person and i know what are the actual intention of media people . They want to play a role that a state instiuation plays .There is no doubt that beaucracry which has last its credibiltiy that it had before 77 can be replaces by media but it wants to lead all otehr instiutation . Military is the only isntituation which is hard to tackle so media has helped judicairy to cop with miltiary . Pakistan is an under develping coutnry .People are stuill divided socially politcally and religiously .In such situation there can be agreat manuiplation and in some media has so far succed .We have discussed a lot during these four years, Now the fight is abotu havign power .The more power.Have u seen any media person to be accountable becasue they have taken the accountability in their hand and they can even change people mind but they are unaware that no developed society will accpet such civilized criminal.Paksitan nation have seen a lot to media for whci htey were given a lot credit ,finacially and instituionally but tis better to know the limtis which they are unwilling to .

Mahin is on a distinguished road

well i think everything should be balanced to come out of this state where we see Pakistan nowadays. other insititutions should be as strong as media and from where i see media is very strong... just see de programs shown on tv channels listed by simpleman... these programs are very bold and bespoke of current scenario very freely...
Old Saturday, October 06, 2007
Provincial Civil Service
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: PMS / PCS Award: Serving PMS / PCS (BS 17) officers are eligible only. - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,335 Times in 569 Posts
Xeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdom

I cannot understand it, on one side the government is beating the journalists, imposing ban and issuing new ordinance of PEMRA and on the other side the TV channels make fun of Musharaf and show his cartoons, person resembling to him degrading the personality of General Pervez Mushaf, who is the head of state. This is not suitable for media to degrade the head of the state of a Islamic Republic, if we do not respect our Rulers, than you will expect from India to respect them.