Monday, April 29, 2024
03:09 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Saturday, October 06, 2007
Provincial Civil Service
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: PMS / PCS Award: Serving PMS / PCS (BS 17) officers are eligible only. - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,335 Times in 569 Posts
Xeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdom
Post Role of POLICE in our Society.

Role of POLICE in our Society

In Police Order 2002, Police has been vested with unlimited power and nominal check and balance system. I started this thread to discuss the role of Police in our society. Cruelties and misbehave of the Police with common people. Their attitude on checkpoints with citizens “THANA” culture and Political misuse of Police.

Is Police performing its duties well, after having the funds of billion of rupees?and please also mention your experience in Police station or with Police.
Old Saturday, October 06, 2007

Altamash Qureshi is on a distinguished road

Police is palying a pivotal role in our society, thogh due to some corrupt officers (at both high and low level), this department is facing criticism, but can u justify a man standing whole day on a signal, with only 8000 a moth salary, with no security, education, accomodation and basic medical facility to his family, what do u expect from him, good behavior, I have noticed many people abusing them, why dont we start obeying law and respect them as equal citizen, we are educated enough to know how to behave outside, but they are not and it is not their fault even. Ploice performance can be enhanced if the salary of a constable till IG level is raised by 200% to 300%, though most of the time we see them in their luxurious SP no. Plate Jeeps, but to curb corruption, it is not enough, govt. should provide them all with free education facility to their children (as army officer children gets), medical facility, security both life and job to the families of Shaheeds, and instant cash prize to the officers for curbing any criminal act.
Please citizen of Pakistan treate policemen as Pakistani citizen, respect them, and behave well with then if whenever they stops u for whatsoever reason, i m telling u its true, if u behave well with them they wont misbehave with u, my experience with an ASI and SI in North Karachi, I broke the signal and they stopped me, instead of stopping I kept on driving but fast, they followed me for about 2 kms, and caught me, i came out of my car, said salam to both, they were rude to me first, but when I was sorry for my act and give my liscence to SI for chalan before he asked, i still remember his fascial expression, he looked at my face, smiling and said "Beta tum ne galti maan li hai isi liay chor raha hoon, warana gari band kardeta aur tum ko bhi" and then let me go. See if i had started arguing with him, what do u expect then. they are not much educated but u are!!!!
Please obey the law and let them do their duties well and most of all instead of bribing them, it is better u pay challan.
Be polite with police officers they deserve it.!!!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Altamash Qureshi For This Useful Post:
Old Wednesday, October 10, 2007
35th Common
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: 19th positon 2006Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

ihs has a spectacular aura aboutihs has a spectacular aura aboutihs has a spectacular aura about

ya i agree with altumish.
once i was going 2 college on my private car and i violated road signal in a haste. the constable stopped me and asked to show papers of car (which i produced) & my licence which i could not produce. i told him that i m in 4th year MBBS & was in a haste. he said 2 me to show my college card. on showing this he said that i ll challan u only 4 signal violation & not 4 licence.
during whole conversation, both of us kept smiling & no hard words exchanged. i thanked him got challan slip & went 2 college.
actually police men r also pakistanis with hectic jobs & less salaries.
govt ve given them funds but most of them r being utilized by higher officers & thanas ( basic units) r still suffering and corruption is still at high ebb.
NORMALLY PPL SAY THAT ASPs SHOULD B PLACED IN THANA. this desire reflects that ppl r much comfortable with ASPs instead of SHOs & the reason is that ASP is well paid and well educated, so he deals public in a better way. if both of these qualities r injected in SHOs or other junior staff, they can also deliver.
Lastly, the major problem with police is political victimization. UNTILL HIGHER POLICE OFFICERS REFUSE TO POLITICIANS TO BE MISUSED, THEIR IMAGE WILL REMAIN BAD.
Altamash Qureshi (Wednesday, October 10, 2007), Sureshlasi (Wednesday, October 10, 2007)