Sunday, May 05, 2024
08:42 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Monday, November 19, 2007

Location: Jhang my Birth Place, Multan & Lahore My Study Places, Now in Dubai doing Job
Tipu Shah is on a distinguished road

@Mazher.

My dear i said that (3 prime ministers from one assembly), democracy means, (govt.by people), so it is clear that majority is athourity and in assembly when athority accepted that there is need of new prime minister than they decided and all process completed withoud any disturbance.... i said this is democracy...... otherwise there is a chance that assemblies resolved and new election held and than new prime minister elected but first time three prime ministers changed without any disturbance.......

secondly i said "non political PM", tell me one thing that only political parties had the right to smooth the way of democracy,, no not at all,,,,,, this is first time in history that people elected the non political prime minister,,,, and for ur kind information he is and able person and can u consider that a person who is dull can able to became the member of world bank or head of world bank, not at all, he (shoukat aziz) is a wise person and he became through a proper way, through election,,,,,not selection,,,,,,, and if people did not like that he became prime minster than they had right not to vote him, but people vote him and he became the member of parilament and than prime minister,,,,,, this is democracy.

Location: Jhang my Birth Place, Multan & Lahore My Study Places, Now in Dubai doing Job

@Saleeqa Batool

i cant understand some persons,,,,, who sees difficulty in evey oppurtunity,,,,,, what do u think that without empowerment of people democracy can smoothen,,,, no not at all,,,,,, and there is no other way to improve the democracy,,, without introducing this type of plan.......

and second thing,,,,,,, we are wrong in ourselves,,,, just think if we did not like this type of system than why we vote for them,,,, why we should not boycott the election,,,,,,, u have any example than any political party boy cott the "zila nazim or tehsil nazim's election" i think u have not....... how u say that other political parties done right for us,,,,,, if they have soft corner for the public than they boycott the above said election and than devolution plan failed. I cant fully supported the present system but not supported the past as well...... i mean that if u have opinion that political parties had ability to work for the democracy than just give me one example of any political party that show its support in democracy or any action they taken in previous five years for the support of democracy..... than why we not support the present that they did something for us..... i thing u agree with me........ r u have any subtitute of Pervaiz Musharaf,,,,,,,, kindly send me the name ,,,,, i think no not at all, i have no alternative at this time,,,, and hope we will find soon Insha Allah...... i said again.......... Past was not bad,,,,,,,,present is good,,,,,, and future will be very very very good Insha Allah....

@waqarabro
AA..

sir u attached the file of some goods........ kindly see the other side of picture and attach the list of....... finacial reserves of pakistan,mobile holders of pakistan, car holders of pakistan, industry holders of pakistan,per capita income of pakistan,etc,,,,,,,, all this data u must collect and examine it from 1999-2007 i hope u will find a better picture.....

and tell me one thing u said that rice's prices high, flour prices high, cloth's prices hight,,,,,,,,,, just tell me ,,,,,,,, our farmer said that or wheat must sell at higher price and we demand that we fine flour at lower price,,,, frankly speaking is it possible? our cotton farmer say their cotton must sale at higher price and customer of cloth demanded low price clothes,,,,, is it possible? no not at all,,,,, we must compromise with our circumstances,,,,,,,,, ok and please please see the other side of the picture.
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Miss_Naqvi has a spectacular aura aboutMiss_Naqvi has a spectacular aura about
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleeqa Batool
A Dummy Parliament, A puppet Government, attacks on Judiciary and One man Rule are the Major features of these five years. If this is Democracy, I don’t accept it. it was Jock with Democracy. If some one call this Democracy ,then he should discover the Definition of Democracy.

Deep Jis Ka Mahllaat main hee julay
Chund Loogoon Key Khushioon koo lay kar chalay
Woo joo saeay main her maslahat kay pulay
Aisay Dustoor koo Subh e Benoor koo
Main nahee maantaa main nahee maanta
Saleeqa first of all your selection of poetry is amazing and refined

Democracy is the government by the people and for the people.
Yes its 100% right that it was a dummy parliament who worked on only 48 ordinances while President alone passed 80 articles so the picture is very much clear that how much democracy it was....?

Democracy never means one man show and it was more one man show then democracy but no doubt it would be unjustifiable to deny the fruits of President Pervaiz Musharaf Government we received in the form of economic growth.

++Some of the +ve points of his tennure are:
  • Increase of GDP & GNP
  • Free Media
  • Physical Infra-structure Development
  • Industrial Growth
  • Higher Education Commission
  • Employment Oppurtunities
  • Foreign Investment and Aids

But its no point to justify his proclaimation of emergency. Rule of emergency and put constitution in abayance is the worst act one can do so President Musharaf should be condemnd for uprulling the powers of Supreme Court and death of media freedom.

I m agreed to you that it wasnt democracy but it brought progress to our country during last 5 years.

@Miss Naqvi

AA

thanks for giving such type of strong arquments in favor of last 5 years govt.. otherwise now a days nobody accepted the reality that Pakistan's economy strengthened.

and u said that there is no reason for emergency.... i agreed with u..... but.... just think what should be the step if not emergeny? i think no other option there was,,,,,, country was facing very difficult situation in political scinario,,,,,, nobody co-operated with govt.... every one became against govt i.g media, judiciary,etc,,,, media showing us only negative picture and poeple now becoming against military,,,,, this is not in the favor of secure future of pakistan,,,,, and judiciary giving notices to govt. officials for personal bias... but just understand that judiciary must free of bias..... but unfortunately they started to gave cases against govt.... which also not in the favor of Secure Pakistan..... and now judiciary and media started to cross the limits of freedom.... and our political parties (not all) showing very negative response towards the govt. and it policy towards election......

thats why emergency was the only way to control the worse thingss..... but anyhow it is not a solution of problem,,,,, everyone must realise the responsibilty and sit together to solve the problems facing by Pakistan.... it can only solved by mutual consent,,,,, no singal person or party solve the problems,,,,,, it should be a joint effort.

Nasir Shah
Old Wednesday, November 21, 2007

touseef4pk is on a distinguished road

The darkest period ever in the history of Pakistan under the auspecious of a selfish and stiff dictator.

@touseef4pk

how u claimed that the history of Pakistan under the auspecious of a selfish and stiff dictator? give the arguments or solid evidences i m waiting.......
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by honey shah
@Miss Naqvi

thanks for giving such type of strong arquments in favor of last 5 years govt.. otherwise now a days nobody accepted the reality that Pakistan's economy strengthened.
We do accept that Pakistan developed during last 5 years but its development could be doubled if there was proper planning and proper utilization of its resources widout wasting Pakistan's hard earned money on lavish life styles of Government.

Quote:
and u said that there is no reason for emergency.... i agreed with u..... but.... just think what should be the step if not emergeny? i think no other option there was,,,,,, country was facing very difficult situation in political scinario,,,,,,
Hone Shah we have to be realistic and open minded. Do you think any positive change has been brought by emergency....?
The simple answer is
"No"

Emergency has given us nothing but;
  • Worldwide protests against political crackdown
  • Silent and Dummy Judiciary
  • Sudden Economical down fall
  • Poor bussiness of stock exchange
  • Uncertainity of Foreign Inverstors
  • Warnings of cancelation of membership of Common Wealth
  • Arrest of thousands of Journalists and Lawyers
  • House arrest of those raising voice for power of Judiciary and freedom of Media
  • Nationwide Protests against Emergency

Still you think we were in need of this emergency....?

Quote:
nobody co-operated with govt.... every one became against govt i.g media, judiciary,etc,,,, media showing us only negative picture and poeple now becoming against military,,,,, this is not in the favor of secure future of pakistan,,,,, and judiciary giving notices to govt. officials for personal bias...
Have you ever gone through Pakistan Constitution 1973....? It prohobits any military general to hold power in the cabinet. I admit that Musharaf did alot for the country but now he is only serving himself. He want to enjoy the power and facilities he has enjoyed during last 8 years. But now we cannot let anyone to suck our blood just for the sake of ruling power.

Quote:
but just understand that judiciary must free of bias..... but unfortunately they started to gave cases against govt.... which also not in the favor of Secure Pakistan..... and now judiciary and media started to cross the limits of freedom.... and our political parties (not all) showing very negative response towards the govt. and it policy towards election......
Who has given sole authority of President Musharaf to decide against constitution....? if Musharaf is substitute name of Government then Judiciary have right to go against him because he has qualified election illegaly from parliament. There is no place for such decision in the constitution.

Quote:
thats why emergency was the only way to control the worse thingss.....
Emergency is problem not a solution

Quote:
everyone must realise the responsibilty and sit together to solve the problems facing by Pakistan.... it can only solved by mutual consent,,,,, no singal person or party solve the problems,,,,,, it should be a joint effort.
Yes its what we are saying that problem should be resolve but its possible only if
  • Independent and unbiased Judiciary
  • Independent Media
  • Rule of Law
  • Acceptance of failure by Government Officials to maintain harmony in the country
  • Free and fair elections
  • Transfer of power in a transparent manner

Lightbulb Salary & Govt. Concessions for MNA's

Let me add something more about 2002 to 2007. Members just go through it with conscious mind,

Salary & Govt. Concessions for a Member of NATIONAL ASSEMBLY (MNA) during 2002-07

Monthly Salary : Rs. 120,000 to 200,000

Expense for Constitution per month : Rs.100,000

Office expenditure per month : Rs.140,000

raveling concession (Rs. 8 per km) : Rs.48,000 (For a visit to ISLAMABAD & return: 6000 km)

Daily BETA during Assembly meets : Rs.500

Charge for 1 class (A/C) in train : Free (For any number of times & All over PAKISTAN )

Charge for Business Class in flights : Free for 40 trips / year (With wife or P.A.)

Rent for Govt hostel any where: Free

Electricity costs at home : Free up to 50,000 units

Local phone call charge : Free up to 1,70,000 calls.

TOTAL expense for a MNA per year : Rs. 32,000,000

TOTAL expense for 5 years : Rs. 1,60,000,00

For 534 MNA, the expense for 5 years : Rs. 8,54,40,000,000 ( about
9000 crores)

This is how all our tax money is been swallowed and price hike on our regular commodities.......

Think of the Great Democracy we had......... & Great Politicians voicing high for their efforts to help poor and bringing progress in the country at grass root level and talking of poverty reduction
Waqar Abro (Wednesday, November 21, 2007)
Old Thursday, November 22, 2007

@ Miss Naqvi.

tell me my dear,,,, is this salary is only for Govt. party or for all parties? answer is simple for all parties.....

now tell me any single person except Imran Khan protest against these allowances when this bill was presented in the assmebley? answer is again very simple,,,, i remember, not a single person stand on his desk and speak against this bill,,,, every member of govt and opposition accept this bill with desk clapping.......... why r u blaiming this to Musharraf sb,,, this expenditure increased du to or own politicians, for whom u say democratic persons,,,

I m waiting ur answer,,,,, persons who passed the bill were MNAs not Generals,,,,,,,,,, give me answer....