Wednesday, May 15, 2024
04:24 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Tuesday, January 01, 2008
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CSS 2007 - Roll no 1634

drfarrukhmalik is on a distinguished road
Default Future of Pakistan Peoples Party after death of Benazir?

Dear friends,

After the death of Benazir Bhutto the fate of the PPP appear in limbo. I want to know your opinion about the whole situation to what you are thinking about all this, please enlighten us with your thoughts. I have given my point of view below.

When PPP started its press conference, almost everybody was sure to what will be the decisions. The enough of speculation was already around about the chairmanship of Bilawal Zardari, though no body knew about the change of surname from Zardari to Bhutto Zardari. Not only this but decision about participation of election was also clear even than, people wanted to hear it from the party cadres about their decision.

With the declaration of Bilawal Zardari, at moment, Bilawal Bhutto Zardari, people might have felt the pain but they kept tight lipped. My immediate reaction was a sentence that I wrote in my drafting pad, “You are welcome to the world of un-democratic democracy.”

The election of Bilawal Bhutto Zardari to me was just a start of injustice to party’s intelligentsia but what else they would have done, they were in utter shock and if any one, say for instance Mr. Ameen Fahim, would have said even an iota against this, would have been named an infidel and in extreme circumstances, he would have been nominated a covert ally of those who are considered the assassins of Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto. This risk at the moment was not worth taking so everybody kept silent. In fact it was pinching to see many near comrades of Benazir absent from the fore front on this important event that was potent enough to change the course of party. My eyes kept searching for Nisar Khuhro, Qaim Ali Shah, Naheed Khan, Senator Safdar Abbasi and many others but my efforts were in vain, though cameramen of all the media channels captured their glimpses in their cornered hideouts away from eyes of people, watching the drama unfolding quietly.
The press conference was complete and it went clear too that Mr. Amin Fahim was offered the conditional nomination as the party’s candidate in forth coming elections as Prime Minister, I will not name it a political bribe but will at least consider it an attempt to keep this foreign cuisine palatable for him. Here, Mr. Zardari, I mean Asif Zardari not Bilawal Bhutto Zardari, was sagacious enough to keep it conditional as a check over Mr. Ameen Faheem and I think Amin Faheem will cash this opportunity because he is at a stage of any career where he will accept anything, literally anything for his loyal services to PPP and would love to die content with a feather of being Premier of Pakistan in his cap.

Let’s take a u-turn, let’s have a look at the things that this scribe found positive with them. It felt good when they spoke of Pakistan, the unity of Pakistan. It felt equally good to hear that they want to work for poor around and they have democratic ideals, though their party offers a look of fiefdom or a family business where they even take care of the brand name to satisfy the loyal customer after the merger. I wonder if they will full fill these promises or not? At the moment, I would say, the future of party is based on their efforts to improve the condition of nation if they come in power. Apart from this I would appreciate one thing that; it takes a great deal of courage for some one in Pakistan to break convention and the way Bilawal has adopted the surname of his mother is commendable if has willingly done this in order show his love to his mother and her sacrifice for democracy.

One last thing, I heard Bilawal Bhutto Zardari saying that Democracy is the best revenge, you all must have heard it too. I can understand the grief of this gentleman and if he has tried to pour his heart out in this sentence, his feeling and emotions must be respected. After all, the poor fellow has suffered a shock, the extreme sorrow of losing his mother but I would like to advice him not to consider democracy as revenge when he will practically join politics. If, in case, he ever needs a strong expression in favour of democracy, he must consider restoration and fight for democracy, more a punch, a spit on the faces of dictators then revenge since revenge is a negative emotion after all!

Persistence is Victory!

Last edited by Last Island; Tuesday, January 01, 2008 at 10:23 PM.
Old Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Wazeer is an unknown quantity at this point

This is realy a different perspective. Let me come to ur first question of declaring bilawal a bhutto by asif .I think this is a courage shown by asif as son are not given name of their mother .many will say that asif did this because he want the property (which has always been an element of enhancing enmity among bhutto family but this fact is denaiable as fatima or zulifqar junior have publically claimed to oppose BB ideaologically instead of property.they all have enough for their life and perhaps therefore they chose history as a subject while reading in oxford .the second question ,will party will suffer.No doubt her death is a damage to political atmosphere and everybody is hopleless including ppp workers who have sufferd in this long eight year exhausting tuenure however future belong to stronger ideoologies with a sense of action and if ppp have such federal,islami and social manifisto t then they will be given another chance by a common man but the huge influnece of fudels have made this party weaker then ever as people are more concious politiclaly.
Old Wednesday, January 09, 2008

javediqbalnizami is on a distinguished road

Dr farrukh maliks point of view was quite comprehensive and by covering both the brighter and darker side of the PPp press conference was quite impressive.No doubt after the Death of BB, PPP as well as pakistan is once again at cross roads.
Question of the day is what if JUNIOR ZULFI or Fatima stands up for The legacy of bhutto.i mean how can PPP handle this situation what could be the solution .Awaiting for your responses
Old Thursday, January 10, 2008
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Roll no 2862

Nazik is on a distinguished road

Saheed Banazir Butto is the only National leader of Pakistan,She was now more mature and shows her skill and inteligency in this election .I think PPP is now belong to Banazir because she give her 27 year on strenthen this party and PPP is the only national so Bilawelis the best choice and Bilawal shows his skill in his First press confrence in UK, Now after the death od Banazir their is no National leader of Pakistan and after PPP their is no national party of Pakistan so PPP is the last hope other wise Pak Army exploits this nation like Ayub,Like Zia and now Musharf

Last edited by Last Island; Thursday, January 10, 2008 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Abusive and Indecent language. Take this as a last warning.