Wednesday, May 08, 2024
08:11 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Wednesday, February 13, 2008

awais_666 is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Where is Dr.AbdulQadeer khan?

my dear friend habib rahat wanted me to discuss more on AQ khan so i am starting this topic i dont know really where he is and what is he doing nowadays the only latest information i got is that he had a by pass operation at karachi 4 months ago and in under custody and as said by habib rahat that we are not taking benefits from the knowledge of Dr. AQ khan i really cant say that the government work secretly and we cant know anything about it

please give us your comments on it and tell us where he is or what is he up to nowadays

this post is for you habib rahat

habibrahet is on a distinguished road

Plz visit

http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/d...muslims-2.html

My GoaL is to be a Failure! If I reach my GoaL, I'll be Successful and if I don't reach my GoaL, I'll still be Successful.
________________________________________________________________________________________________
Habibrahet

Release from house arrest
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdul_Qadeer_Khan

In July 2007, two senior government officials told the Associated Press that restrictions on Khan had been eased several months earlier, and that Khan could meet friends and relatives either at his home or elsewhere in Pakistan. The officials said that a security detail continued to control his movements

02-07-2007
http://www.dawn.com/2007/07/02/welcome.htm
Pakistan nuclear scientist wants curbs lifted
ISLAMABAD, July 2 (AFP) - Pakistani nuclear scientist Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan said Monday he remains under virtual house arrest after more than three years but wishes the authorities would ease the restrictions.. ”No, we have not been informed, there is no such information with us,” he told AFP by telephone from his closely-guarded house in Islamabad, when asked about reports that the rules had been relaxed. “Obviously I would have wished that it was true but it doesn't seem to be the case.,” Dr Khan added. He would not answer further questions. His wife Henny Khan also denied the reports . “Three months ago he was allowed to see five old friends as a one-time favour. This week they gave the permission again for these five friends to visit him. Other than that it is the status quo,” she added. Foreign Office spokeswoman Tasnim Aslam told reporters on Monday that there was “no change in status” regarding the restrictions on Dr A.Q. Khan. “He continues to live a quiet life with his family,” Aslam said. (Posted @ 17:54 PST)

dated 08-9-2007
http://www.dawn.com/2007/09/08/top17.htm

Senior doctor visits Dr Qadeer

By Our Staff Reporter

KARACHI, Sept 7: A senior doctor from a private university hospital on Thursday visited nuclear scientist Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan at a guest house in KDA Scheme-1, managed by a security agency.

Dr Qadeer was brought here for what a source privy to the movement of the scientist said a health check-up. There has been no official word on the subject.

Government officials and family members also met Dr Qadeer at his “stay place”, closely supervised by intelligence and security personnel, said the source. If needed, the source added, the scientist could be taken in a couple of days for clinical tests to the Aga Khan University Hospital, where he was operated upon for prostate cancer about a year ago.

After the information that the scientist was in the city, people from relevant quarters as well as media men gathered at a private university hospital on Friday. However, Dr Qadeer was not brought to the hospital, a source in the hospital said.

Dr Qadeer has been under house arrest in Islamabad for four years.The government had been under pressure from political figures and other sections of the society for imposing restrictions on the movement of Dr Qadeer, said another source. The latest shifting of the scientist to Karachi could be a government move to improve its image. At a time when “judicial activism” was being valued and the nation was close to general and presidential elections, the government needed some “face saving” and if things went in the right direction, the government was likely to delay the sending of Dr Qadeer to Islamabad, he added.

16-11-2007
http://www.dawn.com/2007/11/16/nat37.htm

PTI thrashed again _ this time by police

By Our Staff Reporter

LAHORE, Nov 15: Some 35 Pakistan Tehrik-i-Insaaf (PTI) workers were arrested on Thursday while staging a peaceful protest demonstration in Barkat Market, Garden Town.

Those arrested included 20 female workers, including three sisters and four cousins of PTI Chief Imran Khan. Later, police released 20 party women.

A heavy contingent of police was present at Barkat Market before the arrival of protesters. When party workers arrived there in cars at around 3:45pm, policemen pounced on them soon they raised the first slogan and displayed the first placard under the leadership of PTI Lahore President Shabbir Sial. Though Mr Sial and PTI Coordinator Ahmad Nasir courted arrest, police baton-charged and thrashed other protesters, who tried to resist arrest.

Police thrashed a boy, tore apart his shirt and vest and bundled him into a police van.

Talat Naqvi, PTI office-bearer who tried to come to the young lad’s rescue, later on condemned police highhandedness. She told reporters the PTI workers had come out to save national heroes Imran Khan and Abdul Qadeer Khan. “We want justice,” she demanded.

Ms Naqvi was herself later arrested along with 19 other women after the authorities dispatched a contingent of policewomen to the spot. In the interim, policemen encircled the female protesters so that they could not escape.

Some women workers were dragged, and plainclothesmen did eventually throw off the mask of decency to push them inside the bus. The arrested women included Aleema Khan, Rani, Uzma, Saloni Bukhari and Salma Ejaz Chaudhry.

Later, 20 party women, who were detained by the police were released, a capital city police official said.

He said seven PTI activists, who were also arrested at the demonstration, would be booked and cases would be registered against them in Garden Town police station.

Well
let me ans. do you think he (Dr. Qadeer) is not in Govt. Custody?

when he was ill, the news papers used to braught some news about him, but now a days, there is no headlines about Dr. Khan. its mean, he is quite well. and in safe custody. but my point is, WHY DONT GOVT TAKE SOME BENEFITS FROM HIM?

(about his confession, i have some more knowledge, but i myself dont wana start that)

AND
also tell me your point of view about Dr. Khan
do you think, Dr. Khan is guilty in nuclear proliferation

My GoaL is to be a Failure! If I reach my GoaL, I'll be Successful and if I don't reach my GoaL, I'll still be Successful.
________________________________________________________________________________________________
Habibrahet
Old Thursday, February 14, 2008

Exclamation

Buddy i dont speak on those things which i dont know but as you have asked for the opinion i would say that he is not guilty but as he has accepted his crime what can i say and as for custody yes i heard that he was in custody at hospital also i respect him and salute him for his gift to Pakistan i would say india was completely ready to attack on Pakistan but thanks to AQ khan that he was already prepared for that situation and now not even india no one else on earth would like to attack on pakistan we are proud of you AQ khan

did you read that interview of Mr. Mund what he say about the role of ational hero, Dr. Khan?

not need comments, just replied did you read it or not

Habibrahet

yes i read it but i dont think he is telling the complete truth there can be many more things i think people would like to decrease the respect of AQ khan by these comments well there was also role of Nawaz Sharif but i am not calling here no one else is calling here why? could be many reason but main reason would be that he was not the creator thanks