Thursday, May 02, 2024
04:48 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Friday, August 01, 2008

amjad777 is on a distinguished road
Default Rich or Poor Pakistan

THIS INFORMATION MIGHT BE OF INTEREST: Reko Diq is a small town in Chagai District, Balochistan . World's largest Gold and Copper reserves are found in Reko Diq.

Tethyan Copper of Australia has taken the contract to develop this mine. Barrick Gold Corporation of Canada and Antofagasta of Chile have a joint-ownership of the copper-gold deposit at Reko Diq.

The Reko Diq deposit is being explored by Tethyan Copper Company Pty Ltd (75%) and the (BDA) Balochistan Development Authority (25%). Tethyan Copper Company is held jointly (50:50) by Barrick Gold Corporation and Antofagasta Minerals.

Currently the deposit is at scoping / pre feasibility stage. It is a world class copper / gold porphyry style deposit, typical of the tethyan belt.

It has been sold to the Zionist controlled regimes by the Pakistani Government under the dictator at a price of $21 billion. Rough estimates suggest that the gold and copper at the surface accounts for $65 billion worth of deposits.

Tell me how many of us know about it ...remember the total debt on Pakistani Nation is $38b,

Now the question is why Pakistani media and Government is silent about it? Why it is kept secret from Pakistani Nation?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reko_Diq
http://www.pdac.ca/pdac/publications...Schloderer.pdf
http://www.dawn.com/2006/03/13/ebr9.htm
http://www.mineweb.com/mineweb/view/...9325&sn=Detail
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...1101421_2.html
http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default...7-1-2008_pg5_7

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness".
"Achieve excellence to become a dear or dire of the world"
"Failure is the world, don't known to me"
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to amjad777 For This Useful Post:
Faraz_1984 (Friday, August 01, 2008), Hurriah (Saturday, August 02, 2008), Princess Royal (Friday, August 01, 2008)
Banned

Faraz_1984 is infamous around these parts
Default 5th largest gold and copper reserves

Reko Diq is a small town in Chagai District, Balochistan, Pakistan.

World's 5th largest gold and copper reserves are found in Reko Diq.

Brother I really appreciate you for this because there are lots of places like this in Balochistan you will find billion or trillion US $

Sandaik Project
Chamling
Mach
Many others
But

it is 5th largest gold mine of the world so just take idea from it how much it will be worthy

But our political leaders do not pay attention here on it
If they do so it will be only for their own greed

Pakistan External debt has increased 42 Billion $ (PIA crisis due to that)

Unfortunately

Fight which, we are fighting for America

We received

12 billion $ approximately (on papers)

Worker’s remittances

14 Billion US $

FDI (Foreign direct investment)

10 Billion US $Approximately

Privatization

10 Billion US $(not sure but some how this was figure which I can remind now)

46 Billion US $ total

This money came in Mushi Era

No idea where has it gone?

Many other things we still don’t know (ordinary man)

Still poor is suffering

Last edited by Shooting Star; Thursday, March 08, 2012 at 07:55 PM. Reason: avoid red color.

Surmount is a jewel in the roughSurmount is a jewel in the roughSurmount is a jewel in the rough

Its an astonishing news. Its something which is creating a hatred in my heart that why is going to be happend? When ALLAH has given us an opportunity to repay the dept but unluckily, it won't be happen. $ 20b would be 'handled' by the ministers and the concerning deptt. personally. The remaining $ 1b would be used in the 'official working'.

@ amjad777

Thanks brother for sharing, it is an open prof for those who says govt. is working for the betterment. But brother, you said its 25% for Pakistan, while Wikipedia says it 50,50.

Quote:
In 1978/79 gold and copper depoits were found. Presently, Codelco, is developing the mine for exploration purpose. No considerable work is done to explore this mine deeply. yeh pakistan has sold 50% of the gold mine to australia.
And one thing more, although no work was done from the late 70s on this issue and it was postponed like many of others, KALABAGH etc. It was better to not be 'worked' rather than done by such corrupt and disloyal way.
ALLAH he bachaey
The Following User Says Thank You to Surmount For This Useful Post:
Faraz_1984 (Friday, August 01, 2008)