Friday, April 26, 2024
09:16 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sunday, January 29, 2006

Waqas is on a distinguished road
Default Why Nations Go To War

Why nations go to war is a latest book that i finished reading.
I thought we should discuss it as a topic here. it will be interesting
What i learned from the book is that
- Less resources causes your to come up with war.
- Its in national interest to go on war.
- Its Religious or cultural hate that leads you to HELL.
- Its about superiority in a ceratin region.

Reagrds

There is nothing permanent except CHANGE

Muhammad Akmal is on a distinguished road
Default Traits of leadres

Asslamo alikum
Let me add to what u said dear that
Personal traits , habits and utual relations of leaders of a prticular time that of conflicting nations play a very important role t play and which has been played in past in initiating wars and in the persuit of it.
Regards
37th Common
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2008 - Merit 120

Adil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really nice

- Its in national interest to go on war.

Please elaborate the above point.

Regards,

Adil Memon
Police Service of Pakistan (P.S.P)
37th Common Training Program
Abdullah

Adil bhai , well; in my opinion the elaboration for the said point might go as to the following quote:

"We have not eternal allies and we have not perpetual enemies. Our interests are eternal and perpetual and those interests it is out duty to follow." Lord Palmerston, British Prime Minister
CSP 2006
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CSP 2006

Sajid Manzoor Ahmed is on a distinguished road

one can say that it is the domination desire that took nations to war. One thing more history asserts that the nations who remain indulged in war like activities and remained engaged with different nations controls the whole world. So, in my opinion these are the military activities that keeps one nation dominated and an asserting status to other nations.

Sajid.
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Medal of AppreciationQualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason:

Muskan Ghuman has a spectacular aura aboutMuskan Ghuman has a spectacular aura aboutMuskan Ghuman has a spectacular aura about

Salam 2 all,
In my view Religious & cultural differences r the main cause of the wars in the world ...this fact can be observed by reading history.
2ndly lust for the power is also 1 of the main causes of the war.
with regards,
Muskan

Last edited by Muskan Ghuman; Sunday, January 29, 2006 at 11:09 PM.
Old Monday, January 30, 2006

Default Its in national interest elaborated

I believe national interest is whats best for ur nation. It involves political relations with usually ur neighbouring nations and usually these kind of wars are fought between neighbouring countires..
For example it was in national interest of PAKISTAN to stand beside and train afghanis for war against USSR bcz the next one would have been us.similarly against TALIBAN our governments stand was about national interest.OUR INTEGRITY WAS ON LINE.

if i am wrong plz put me on right track

The best Teacher for me is the one who Critisizes me and give me a chance to have a clear vision of myself.

Default Muskan kay liyay jawab

Muskan what u said is what the story was in previous century. History is repeating itself..Long time ago..these wars were fought between muslims and christians known as SALAIBI JANGAIN .the great muslims leaders like SALAHUDDIN AYUBBI and christian leaders like RICHARD THE LION HEART were leading two different school of thoughts. All were involved in the last centuries. faces changed but charactersitics nowhere changed among any religious leader

Dont be among those who say WE HEAR but do not LISTEN

jive is on a distinguished road

when con flicks t..

tropican is on a distinguished road

Nations also go to war when status quo is threatened and all the diplomatic means to restore it have been exhausted. World War II is one example, when status quo was threatened by Hitler's Germany.

Post- WWII era has provided more reasons for nations to go to war. One of them is "Pre-emptive strike", excercised by Israel and much later by the U.S.