Thursday, May 16, 2024
10:59 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Thursday, April 23, 2009
Royal Queen of Literature
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: AppreciationBest Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason: Best ModGold Medal: Awarded to those members with  maximum number of  reputation points. - Issue reason: For the year 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011Member of the Year: Awarded to those community members who have made invaluable contributions to the Community in the particular year - Issue reason: 2008Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason: More than 5 years of dedicated servicesModerator: Ribbon awarded to moderators of the forum - Issue reason:

Thanked 15,848 Times in 5,006 Posts
Last Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardom

Not without his approval? Oh you mean we should ask him. "Sir, can we omit Rascal from your post?" and if says no, we better spare. Is this what you want? Ok, fine.

Mods !!!

Take a couple of days off. Leave them on their own. Over to you guys.
Khakan (Thursday, April 23, 2009)

Khakan can only hope to improve

queen u again touched us by ur politeness n good behaviour. second coming whre r u - i thnk u feel more comfortable in fighting with staff thn discussion. i thnk u ve too a problm like a membr who tease the lovely staff. loha jab pigaltha hay tho ahista ahista pigalta he.

now ur reservations remvd come forward with ur valueable suggestions n remedies to solve the problm of our country. rahman malik is ready to include ur points in proposal list for the upcoming parliament session to pass them

Mongol Emperor
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Roll no 1127

shallowwater is a name known to allshallowwater is a name known to allshallowwater is a name known to allshallowwater is a name known to allshallowwater is a name known to allshallowwater is a name known to all

@ Last Island.

The administration and moderators are doing an excellent job. No need to ask before editing anyone's post. It's the job of the forum staff to edit whatever they feel inappropriate.

@ khakan.

I would suggest that writ of the govt. must be estd. in the troubles areas so that people could feel themselves safe n secure. Govt. machinery must function. Taliban should stop taking the law into their own hands.

More suggestions coming soon...
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

dr.atifrana is a jewel in the roughdr.atifrana is a jewel in the roughdr.atifrana is a jewel in the rough

@second comming
I don't know why you are hurt.This the admins and mods duty to keep the discussion descent and unbiased.So, plz don't blackmail, that you are leaving the forum.The aspirants need your valuable suggestions.

@Last Island,
we admire your efforts and plz neglect our naive mistakes.

reply to pani.

Quote:
I would suggest that writ of the govt. must be estd. in the troubles areas so that people could feel themselves safe n secure. Govt. machinery must function. Taliban should stop taking the law into their own hands.

dear thier whole movmnt was against the govt. machinery n they were demanding their own systm of justice which they managd to approv from govt by force. govt. surrendred to thm to accept their demands.. . . . . pple of tht area feel thm secure in the new systm.

it is immature solution. all this is going on since centuries to establish the writ of govt. aurangzeb alamgir-mughal, british govt. n now our govt r trying to restore authority.

how taliban shud stop taking the law into thier hands while govt has accptd thm, n thier systm. parliamnt approvd n presidnt signed the nizam e adal documnts. whn we ve by ourselves givn thm authoriy instead of suppressing thm thn how can we claim to restore our authority.

Mongol Emperor
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2006 - Roll no. 4802

Second Coming is on a distinguished road

@Last Island

Quote:
Not without his approval? Oh you mean we should ask him. "Sir, can we omit Rascal from your post?" and if says no, we better spare. Is this what you want? Ok, fine.

Mods !!!

Take a couple of days off. Leave them on their own. Over to you guys.
Last Island, while you can override my opinion in what constitutes decency and what doesn't, I want all the discussion to be open. After all, none of us have anything to hide here. By keeping the discussion open, there will be an additional benefit of letting other people form their own opinions - deleting every relevant post will simply silence the voice but it won't generate a constructive argument.

@dr.atifrana:

Quote:
@second comming
I don't know why you are hurt.This the admins and mods duty to keep the discussion descent and unbiased.So, plz don't blackmail, that you are leaving the forum.The aspirants need your valuable suggestions.
I am in no position to blackmail anyone. The forum existed long before I ever came here, and I'm pretty sure it will roll on without me just fine, without making the slightest difference. My leaving the forum can, at best, be called a personal protest.

@Khakan:

Quote:
second coming whre r u - i thnk u feel more comfortable in fighting with staff thn discussion. i thnk u ve too a problm like a membr who tease the lovely staff. loha jab pigaltha hay tho ahista ahista pigalta he.
Unfortunately, I do have a little history of collision with some of the mods here, so forgive me if I appear obtuse, or over-reacting to you when they edit my posts.

Quote:
now ur reservations remvd come forward with ur valueable suggestions n remedies to solve the problm of our country. rahman malik is ready to include ur points in proposal list for the upcoming parliament session to pass them
I told you about trying to provoke me, didn't I? And don't worry, I can't wait to get on it myself! But I'm waiting for them to restore all the deleted posts from this thread before going ahead with the discussion.

@mods

As I said earlier you can override my opinion and delete the word "r*****" if you want, as well as the last couple of "really provocative" posts but keep all the relevant discussion, please.

And by the way, I am also going to start some controversial discussion on a couple of other threads..... hope I can expect some latitude there also, can't I?

second coming . . . . . . .

Quote:
I told you about trying to provoke me, didn't I? And don't worry, I can't wait to get on it myself! But I'm waiting for them to restore all the deleted posts from this thread before going ahead with the discussion.
how stubborn u r. i am not provoking u at all. chit chat n some jokes are good while fighting with staff over petty issues - light moments. enjoy the discussion, dont take it personal n dont b sad over deletion n edition.

u r csp u shud give tips to aspirants like amubarak, lala do. u can do much for the next batch. pls carry on ur contribution for candidates instead of fighting with staff. i appreciate ur ideas but these r not feasible in any society. censorship is best for smooth running of any institution.

next joke . . . . . . . .

a high rankd official beat secy estab division for not restoring him bcz he was dimissed whn difference were creatd bw him n his indian counterpart while he fought with him n gave him a punch.

just joking dont take it on heart

Mongol Emperor

shah110 is on a distinguished road

Sufi’s world Dawn Editorial

Wednesday, 22 Apr, 2009 | 08:26 AM PST |

The uproar is understandable but should it really come as a surprise that Sufi Mohammad and his band of barbarians are opposed to all that we hold dear? Of course not.

The position held by people who kill those who don’t subscribe to their point of view is diametrically opposed to that of all right-thinking persons. From day one, the stance of these militants who murder in the name of religion has been all too clear. These people are savages, yet we don’t put them behind bars. Why? If we don’t have the wherewithal to take them on, we should admit as much and stop making ludicrous claims that the enemy will be defeated in due course. Striking ‘deals’ with an enemy that is simply buying time won’t help either. Talibanisation is not just a threat, it is the reality today. Face it.

Sufi Mohammad’s organisation, which is sympathetic to the Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan, is interested less in matters of faith and more so in power in Pakistan. It is now clear that the Taliban will not stop until they have their way. And this is their prescription for Pakistan: a nation, armed with nuclear weapons, jerked back to a mediaeval age. A country where men without beards are flogged, and women killed if they choose to express themselves. That is where we are headed. And one is wrong if one thinks this can’t happen in Pakistan. It can and it will unless we strike a decisive blow for the silent majority.

We must resist this onslaught. Should we be surprised when Sufi Mohammad says that that the high courts and the Supreme Court are un-Islamic? Certainly not. Are we to register shock when he says that democracy is un-Islamic? Of course not. He is merely articulating what he and his followers have thought from day one. Sufi Mohammad’s Tehrik-i-Nifaz-i-Shariat Mohammadi, the Pakistani Taliban and Al Qaeda are all committed to overthrowing the State of Pakistan. How many times do we have to say this? Their interest is not limited to enforcing — at gunpoint — Sharia law in Swat and the rest of Malakand. They want to take over all of Pakistan and subject each and every citizen to their brand of ‘justice’.

This government is ceding them territory and emboldening them to an extent where they will be able to dictate terms without fear. Fazlur Rehman of the JUI may say that Sufi Mohammad, a terrorist Mr Rehman supports despite being a member of parliament, speaks for himself. No, you are wrong Mr Rehman. He speaks for thousands of extremists who have no respect for the law. He is renouncing the constitution, which is perhaps tantamount to treason.We didn’t vote for this on Feb 18, 2008. We didn’t vote for barbarity in the garb of religiosity.

shah110 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
An Excerpt From Dawn News About The Situation of Buner

BUNER, April 21: Taliban militants from Swat took control of Buner on Tuesday and started patrolling bazaars, villages and towns in the district.
The militants, who had sneaked into Gokand valley of Buner on April 4, were reported to have been on a looting spree for the past five days. They have robbed government and NGO offices of vehicles, computers, printers, generators, edible oil containers, and food and nutrition packets.

Sources said that leading political figures, businessmen, NGO officials and Khawaneen, who had played a role in setting up a Lashkar to stop the Taliban from entering Buner, had been forced to move to other areas.

The Taliban have extended their control to almost all tehsils of the district and law-enforcement personnel remained confined to police stations and camps.

The Taliban, equipped with advanced weapons, were reported to be advancing towards border areas of Swabi, Malakand and Mardan, the hometown of NWFP Chief Minister Amir Haider Khan Hoti.

According to reports reaching here, the militants have set up checkposts and camp bases in Kangar Gali village, along the Malakand border; Naway Dhand village, along the Mardan border; and Tootalai village, along the Swabi border.

The sources said officials of the FC camp in Jorh had asked people to vacate their homes in view of threats of an attack.

The militants have started digging trenches and setting up bunkers on heights in strategic towns of Gadezi, Salarzai, Osherai and other tehsils.

After occupying the Buner district and setting up their headquarters in the bungalow of businessman Syed Ahmed Khan (alias Fateh Khan) in Sultanwas, the militants started patrolling the streets and roads with no signs of law-enforcement personnel.

Led by Fateh Mohammad, the militants were asking local people, particularly youngsters, to join them in their campaign to enforce Sharia.

They have established checkposts on roads and are searching all passing vehicles. They have virtually established their writ in Buner region, once a stronghold of the Awami National Party.

On Tuesday, armed groups entered the Rural Health Centre at Jure in Salarzai area and took away a Land-Cruiser being used by the Expanded Programme of Immunisation (EPI), Buner.

On April 17, they raided a basic health unit in tehsil Chamla and looted 480 cans of edible oil. They took away from the house of a lady health visitor a large number of food and nutrition packets supplied by USAID and sewing machines from an Action Aid-sponsored vocational centre in the Korea village of tehsil Chamla.

On April 18, they looted a huge quantity of medicine from a health facility at the Afghan refugee camp in Koga in the same tehsil and 640 cans of edible oil from a godown of the World Food Programme in Nawagai.

On April 19, armed men took away a Suzuki Potohar Jeep from a rural health centre in Nagrai.

A group of 20 militants took away a Suzuki Ravi car and 400 cans of edible oil from a basic health unit in Garga.

Another armed group snatched an ambulance, a pick-up provided by Gavi for EPI cell, a Suzuki Ravi from a health centre in Swari.

They also broke into the offices of Paiman (Save the Children) EPI, Jica offices and took away several computers, printers, two generators, fax machines, UPS and other appliances.

The armed men stopped near Ambela a double-cabin vehicle of Paiman going to Buner from Peshawar and took it along with the driver to a nearby camp. Later, they released the driver and escaped with the vehicle.

They have also occupied the main office of Rahbar in Swari.
Would anyone like to justify these above mentioned acts of Taliban in the name of Shariah ?

we shud contact maulana sufi muhammad or muslim khan to log in to cssforum n reply mr shah's question. hope to wi promptly reply

Mongol Emperor