Thursday, May 16, 2024
10:38 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sunday, September 06, 2009
38th CTP (PSP)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Merit  5

r.i.p is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down

Justice Bhagwan Das has refused to accept the post of Chairman, FPSC .....
Consequently the matter has been once again put in abeyance.....
Old Monday, September 07, 2009

idresee is on a distinguished road
i think Justice (R) should have accepted this offer for the sack of the future of competent aspirants. because he is a man of dignity and his honorable and just decision would certainly bring the changes in the scenario.
Old Monday, September 07, 2009
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: Css 2009 - Roll no 5586

SDM will become famous soon enoughSDM will become famous soon enough

The post of Chairman FPSC is an honourable post but for a man of a stature and eminence like him it's not an honour to be made the head of a constitutional institution, rather it's would be a great honour for FPSC if a person like him heads it.so please Justice Sahib dignify this institution by accepting this offer.we all are praying for your health.
Old Tuesday, September 08, 2009
40th CTP (CTG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 400

aphrodite is a jewel in the roughaphrodite is a jewel in the roughaphrodite is a jewel in the rough

So Mr. Bhagwan das is a seasoned, decent man for the job. Correct. But who will guarantee that he wont be pressured by higher ups and Zardari's croonies to place undeserving, meritless, boot-licking wannabees in important positions? If he really is a decent, honest man as they say, I give the man 3 months in office at max. He will resign on his own. If he continues, well, cant be too sure of his dignity then. I am sorry, but thats how things still work in Pakistan, free judiciary or not ( if it is REALLY free that is, case in point, whatever happened to Musharraf's impeachment? Now that was a round-about statement by our infamous CJP...)
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Roll No 4396Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Muhammad Ali Awan has a spectacular aura aboutMuhammad Ali Awan has a spectacular aura aboutMuhammad Ali Awan has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphrodite
So Mr. Bhagwan das is a seasoned, decent man for the job. Correct. But who will guarantee that he wont be pressured by higher ups and Zardari's croonies to place undeserving, meritless, boot-licking wannabees in important positions? If he really is a decent, honest man as they say, I give the man 3 months in office at max. He will resign on his own. If he continues, well, cant be too sure of his dignity then. I am sorry, but thats how things still work in Pakistan, free judiciary or not ( if it is REALLY free that is, case in point, whatever happened to Musharraf's impeachment? Now that was a round-about statement by our infamous CJP...)
@aprodite.
Justice(R) Bhagwan das has served in High Court and Supreme Court. He was regarded as the most efficent jurist to handle the contentious issues. He has made his mark and is a very respected figure. That(Judge High Court and Supreme Court) was the most difficult position, where he never bowed before to any of the croonies and vice versa, as compared to the present offer. So he will stick to his reputation if the position is offered, whether it is two years or so.
FPSC over the years, has shown the credibility and the positions were strictly filled through merit.
Musharaff's fate largely rests on the politicians and the line of action of NA.
40th CTP (CTG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 400

aphrodite is a jewel in the roughaphrodite is a jewel in the roughaphrodite is a jewel in the rough
Default @maawan

Thankyou for Das' brief CV However I am quite aware of his credentials in his capacity as a judge, which is why i said that in case he does avail this offer, I give him 3 months in office (roughly speaking) if he really is made up of steely material (unless I know someone personally, there is always a level of doubt involved)
Yes, for the most part CSS conducts its process on merit. However FPSC is not just responsible for CSS exams it also takes care of other organizations like the FIA recruitments etc. And I'm not sure how that is done.Usually, recruitments in such places are already done way before the ad appears in the papers, i.e through lateral entries, or in other words, through source. Somebody who has repeatedly tried to apply will tell you that, although a small number of candidates are selected on merit too.

A few days back our CJP said that the decision to impeach Musharraf, rests with the Parliament. To me this seemed like an evasion from responsibility because the CJP may decide to take action against anyone, anyday if someone's acts were unconstitutional in nature. And most of us know by now, that the present NA will never impeach Musharraf even if PML (N) wants to, because of a heavy PPP-MQM-ANP coalition prevalent.
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Roll No 4396Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Muhammad Ali Awan has a spectacular aura aboutMuhammad Ali Awan has a spectacular aura aboutMuhammad Ali Awan has a spectacular aura about

The calibre of Justice(r) Bhagwandas can never be doubted. He has the ability to smoothly said two years tenure. it is the position offered to him,he has been nominated all because of this.
If FPSC conduct CSS exam in style than it is also responsible to fill other posts through proper scruitny and believe me, hard work pays you back. One must remain positive and requires the best effort in the exam.
Well Parliement is a supreme body, The Judiciary is never supposed to drag this issue one way or other by sensationalisation. It was the same PPP-PML(N) which ousted musharraf, and it could again turn the tables. But one thing is clear no major party has soft corner for Musharraf.
Regards.
SDM (Tuesday, September 08, 2009)
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: Css 2009 - Roll no 5586

SDM will become famous soon enoughSDM will become famous soon enough

Mr. Aphrodite there is no problem with the credibility of FPSC or Mr. Justice. He already has survived test and trial of time and proved his level of probity when there was one hell of turmoil and whole country was in a mare's nest. Only many of us are in a habit of exhibiting too much cynicism and pessimism by doubting the value of each and everything even if we've something perfect. Furthermore ,Chairman FPSC is a constitutional post and no one can dismiss him/her even the president before the expiry of 3 years. So plz reconsider ur 3 months offer if Mr. Justice accepts the post.
Old Saturday, September 12, 2009
37th Common
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2008 - Merit 74th

rmaftab_786 is on a distinguished road
Default A Jayala Is In Action

http://www.jang.com.pk/jang/sep2009-...2009/main4.htm

PLEASE READ THIS LINK REGARDING APPOINTMENT OF SENATOR SAEEDA IQBAL OF PPPP AS CHAIRMAN FPSC

RANA AFTAB
37 CTP
Old Sunday, September 13, 2009
40th CTP (CTG)

Default @ maawan & sdm

I dont mean to fling mud at any person out there but my question is, Why did Das take oath as a judge of the Supreme Court, under Musharraf's regime in 2000 when PCO was being applied? I know I might sound like beating the same drum again and again but it is a question that may have possibly ruined a distinguished judge's career in the West. However here, a nation used to mediocrity and 'push-starts'- if you know what i mean- considers this a 'bygone' at best . A few weeks back, a Governor of a US state was grilled only because he had been absent from office and there was no accountability of his whereabouts for a while- now that's what I call being fair and just, because if you're a public servant, you better be accountable for everything you've done.

As far as I know, even back then we had a few judges who refused to take oath under PCO and hats off to them. Despite that, I will not be judgmental and give a verdict on the man's character, however, a fraction of doubt is always present, otherwise there would be no such things as credentials and testimonials.

Maawan, I wish things would have been so positive in this country. By no means am I hopeless of Pakistan's future, infact I feel contrary to that. But alot more needs to be done, more than the re-instatement of the judiciary, to ensure this country is on the right path. True, the parliament is supreme, but this doesnt mean that if the parliament doesnt do its job effectively, the judiciary should play it sweet. In addition, PPP-PML(N) have ousted Musharraf, but impeaching him will open up an American Pandora's box which I dont think will ever be done. USA never leaves a former ally/underdog alone- he either is done with or protected and then done with. I am talking history.

SDM, first of all, its a Ms, as the greek legend apparently suggests I am wondering as to how any of us can claim to be 'perfect'. Man is designed to be imperfect, thats what makes us inferior to God Almighty and His apostles. Secondly, you are talking about a 'dismissal'. I am talking about a 'resignation'. There are some technical differences between the two. Some time back there was this big chaos made because a CSS candidate was ranked among the top 10 positions in the exam but somehow was not granted his chosen service group, while those who ranked under him got into their desired service groups. He was from Balochistan. Unfortunately I cant remember his name. So such discrepancies do occur whether we like to see them or not.

Good Luck!