Monday, April 29, 2024
10:15 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Tuesday, February 21, 2006
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Appreciation

Wah boy is on a distinguished road
Default What is OIC?????????????????

Dear All salam,

The Organisation of Islamic Countries (OIC) has denounced calls for the death of the Danish cartoonist who satirised the Prophet Mohammed".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/4736854.stm

I am very much surprised infact i am very annoyed to see the quick response from OIC in regards of denouncing the death of Danish Cartoonist. He should be punished or killed or murdered or left alone that is a seprate debate.

The point i am trying to make here is where was OIC's quick response when the cartoons were first published. What have OIC done for MUSLIMS except passing the ordinance on war on terrorism. What is the purpose of OIC.

I would like to see the worthy comments by all the members and please also suggest if there is a need of this OIC.

Kind Regards

Last edited by THE 1; Thursday, February 23, 2006 at 05:09 PM.
Old Wednesday, February 22, 2006

uzma is on a distinguished road

Well this is what is the tragedy of Muslims at present in particular and in recent past in general that there is severe derth of sage, consumate, effective, astute,dauntless, just representative and steadfast say or representation at any forum around the world more or less, otherwise things wont have been in that chaotic profile. So one can just give a tough time to one's nerves and wish for some miracle to happen.
Best Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason: Best ModMedal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Babban Miyan Ding Dong is on a distinguished road

Assalam Alaikum,

I think OIC today is meaningless because it lacks the agenda and challenges that are faced by the Muslims in the 21st Century.

It has the potential to be a good organization, if they learn a fraction of a basic lesson of unity demonstrated by ordinary citizens after the cartoon row. OIC needs to realize that an ordinary citizen is tired of their mumbo jumbo lip service, and ask them to perform and let their actions speak louder than its words.

Unfortunately most of the players in OIC, especially the Arab states are good for nothing LOOSERS who are only willing to serve their masters. The only outspoken members that I see in OIC is Iran and Indonesia (but it has slowed down a bit after the departure of Honorary Mahatir Mohammad).

Time will tell what OIC can do for us.

Thanks.
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CSS 2007Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

mahmood has a spectacular aura aboutmahmood has a spectacular aura about

its not OIC. its OH I SEE
37th Common
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2008 - Merit 120

Adil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really nice

Salaam,

OIC is the only agency around which all the problems of the Muslim Ummah in 21st Century are revolving. That body hasn't served any good purpose since it was created (I think in the late 1960s).

In all its meetings, leaders of all the Muslim countries meet and boast so much that's enough to freak out anyone. They condemn terrorism and shout slogans and return home. The same circus went on in the recent meeting of OIC. Setting up piggy banks, co-operating in trade, science and information technology, agriculture etc. Just rhetorics, no actions.

I agree with the assertions of brother Babban. These people don't have a clear-cut agenda. Besides, I think they don't have the political will. I do not know why??

The type of political systems prevailing in Muslim countries is also an important problem. Mostly all are kingdoms or dictatorships and people don't progress under such rules.

We need democracies all over to beat the west, else, we're done!

Regards,

PS: I will discuss this issue more soon.

Adil Memon
Police Service of Pakistan (P.S.P)
37th Common Training Program
Old Thursday, February 23, 2006

KhalidBinWaleed is on a distinguished road
Default The munafiq leaders...

AssalamAleikum,
I would like to bring ur attention to the following ayah's of the Quran, which fit perfectly on the majority of the leaders of the Muslim world:

Surah Munafiqun:
1) When the Hypocrites come to u (O Muhammad (Peace be upon him)), they say: "We bear witness that you are indeed the Messenger of Allah," Allah knows that you are indeed His Messenger and Allah bears witness that the hypocrites are liars indeed,"
2) They have made their oaths a screen (for their hypocrisy), Thus they hinder (men) from the Path of Allah, Verily, evil is what they used to do,
3) That is because they beleived, then disbeleived, therefore their hearts are sealed, so they understand not,
4) And when you look at them, their bodies please you; and when they speak, you listen to their words, they are as blocks of wood propped up, They think that every cry is against them, They are the enemies, so beware of them, May Allah curse them! How are they denying (or deviating from) the Right Path,
5) And when it is said to them: "Come, so that the Messenger of Allah may ask forgiveness from Allah for you ", they turn aside their heads, and you would see them turning away their faces in pride"

Indeed, this is the perfect description of our leaders... Specially Pakistan's leader. Full of pride, and indeed, "when they speak, you listen to their words, they are as blocks of wood propped up"...

Regards
Old Thursday, February 23, 2006
35th Common
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: 11th position 2006

PyroManiac is on a distinguished road

Organizaiton of Incompetent Countries, a few realists may use "impotent" instead of "incompetent".
Old Friday, February 24, 2006
Iqbal ka Shaheen

Location: All lands are God’s and they are all our homeland too
Samurai is on a distinguished road

The Holy Haram’s only One,
And God except Allah there’s none:
Our Quran’s One that we recite –
Could not then Muslims all unite?
Attached Images
File Type: gif S8.gif (1.8 KB, 90 views)
Old Friday, February 24, 2006
37th Common
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2008 - Merit 120

Adil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really nice

Salaam,

Brother Samurai, I don't know much about poetry. So do not know if those verses belong to any prominent poet. Nevertheless, since they are comprehensible to me, I like them. Hehe!!

Good Job - Keep it up!

Also, brother Satan raised an objection against the type of discussion that has been going on in here. According to him everybody knows that it's a dysfunctional organization. He further suggests that we should better discuss the causes behind the infirmity of the organization and suggest some remedies to this situation. I see a point in his sermon.

The next question is: Discuss the causes of disunity among Muslims. Why is OIC so weak? How should it be strengthened?

All the respectable members are requested to enter this arena and participate in some healthy discussion.

Regards,

Adil Memon
Police Service of Pakistan (P.S.P)
37th Common Training Program
Old Saturday, February 25, 2006
G R E N A D E
Moderator: Ribbon awarded to moderators of the forum - Issue reason: Khushal  moderates General ChatMedal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Appreciation

Khushal has a spectacular aura aboutKhushal has a spectacular aura about

The OIC was working well once ZAB was in the politics and ever since he was "reaplaced",they've been sitting idle and noing nothing except allowing all the European countries suck all their oil and once they're full we'll see much more Islamic countries like Iraq,who knows Pakistan is amongst them.(I wish it doesnt happens but from the current scenario its obvious)
Ya Allah Musalmano Ko Akal Day!!! Ameeen!!!