Friday, May 10, 2024
08:10 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Saturday, November 28, 2009

djarm67 is on a distinguished road

@Perplexed
Quote:
In contrast to this transitive form, why shouldn't I assume that God has created these definite species (with variations and similarities yet definite)
Simple. The overwhelming evidence indicates otherwise. If God created, it is clear that He created using a process. The process He decided to utilise to generate the diversity of life was evolution. This reality gives us a greater insight into the power of God. A much more powerful God than one who can only create distinct species. This insight into God posits a God who can create via the development of an amazing dynamic process. Don't put God in a box in terms of what He can and cannot do.

@Perplexed
Quote:
Further, the modern science didn't deny but complement the creationists' argument that all creation occurred at an instant........followed by 3 paragraphs of rambling.
No it doesn't. String theory (which should be rightly termed "The string hypothesis" until a Higgs Boson is discovered) does not dictate that the universe has already been played out and that we are simply traveling along in serial time. In addition, space time geometry only emerges in the theory at weak coupling or large distance scales but is not fundamental in string theory.

@Perplexed (quoting blossomberrry)
Quote:
Quote:
This is such a stupid proposition that giving an answer to it is an insult to human intelligence.
Your "stupid proposition" is still an unsolvable paradox for the rest of humanity.....So if you please can answer this "stupid proposition" you will solve one of the greatest problems the human mind has ever thought of.
Not really. The smallest distance would be 1 over infinity. Do you seriously that one of the greatest problems the human mind has ever thought of? Should I buy a Coke or a Pepsi is a more difficult problem.

@Perplexed
Quote:
So first start with simple concepts and study them and later, provided you are able to, discuss complicated "issues" like evolution or "scientific method". I hope that time will come soon....
So first start with simple concepts and study them and later, provided you are able to, discuss complicated "issues" like evolution or "scientific method". I hope that time will come soon....
The Following User Says Thank You to djarm67 For This Useful Post:
Blossomberrry (Saturday, November 28, 2009)
Old Thursday, December 03, 2009
40th CTP (CTG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 400

aphrodite is a jewel in the roughaphrodite is a jewel in the roughaphrodite is a jewel in the rough
Default @ Perplexed

Oh dear, I guess I was late to reply, because while I was away, you had to face plenty of thrashing ….kidding But yeah I guess I need not say more, except that firstly, I dont quite understand what point are you trying to drive home, I mean, are you primarily for science or for God? See when this discussion first came up, by evolution, we generally mean theory of evolution as given by Darwin. Iqbal’s theory of evolution of course has to subscribe to the Islamic ideology and so isn’t even questioned. Moreover, if you have mentioned his paper, Reconstruction of religious thought in islam, you also have to bear in mind that it is a very cumbersome read, and let alone most of us on this forum, but many intellectuals cant even claim to understand it fully. Nevertheless, if you do, then its your task to break it up for a layman too- and that you’ve done a bad job of . Even inside the theory of evolution, we were specifically talking about the origins of man. I really haven’t read up on Iqbal’s theory of origins of man, if has proposed one that is.

The arguments which you have pointed out are mostly from the realm of Metaphysics- which mind you isn’t even classified as pure science. Metaphysics is again highly inspired by religion or theology- and not just Islam as we would like to believe. Mainstream science hasn’t been able to ‘cope’ with God’s existence because of many fundamental flaws in its postulates. My point is, friend, that not everything is understood in light of our senses. There are realms out there, that are very much Real yet if contained within these scientific postulates, will become impossible to attain. Yeah, we are talking mysticism and Sufism.