Saturday, May 11, 2024
12:46 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Saturday, November 07, 2009
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Saleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to behold
Default Other side of the picture

Today a report published in a newspaper unveils real motives of a media group engaged in mud-slinging on PP govt. The writer has advised President to extend the service period of Gen kiyani (if the former wants to stay in presidency). It is very unfortunate that military is again destabilizing the political setup. Military ganata do not want a political solution of Baluchistan crises and recent allegations of Indian funding to Balouchs is infact an attempt to divert attention from the real issue. General kayani is constantly violating his constitunal mandate. His secret meetings with political leadership depicts his ambitions. I was cautioned to see his letter addressed to the Mehsud tribe. I do not know the service rules in detail, but I think it is not the mandate of a general to address the public directly.

What our country needs desperately is political stability. It is the only way to survival. Unfortunately our media has shown little concern to portray the real threats hovering over federation. We have allowed dictators to rule the country for decades but cannot bear a democratically elected Govt? Democracy is blessing though it is not free from flaws. India is largest democracy of the world (and an emerging power on the global scene ) but last year when no confidence motion was moved against man Mohan Singh , billions of rupees were given to purchase the loyalties of MPs. But system was not derailed. It doesn’t mean that corruption is not an evil? Obviously it is but it can only be alleviated through political stability. Unfortunately there is a misperception that politicians is the only corrupt lot of the society. When dictators and generals engage in malpractices (formation of IJI and misuse of billions of public money is a case in point) , no one even media can not speak against them.

Our country has lost a part of the federation. India may be blamed for this disintegration but who was the real culprit? When Mujeeb ur Rehman presented 6 points (Jan 1966 as for as I know)? Can any one deny that six points were a manifestation of mistrust on federation by east Pakistanis? I believe that seed of separation of esat pakistan were sowed at the time of dissolution of first constitunal assembly. It strengthened on Ayub Khans coming in to power and after presidential elections , Bengalese had decided to part their ways.

History is repeating itself but we are not realizing the gravity of the situation.I know few would agree with me but what I have said is a fact and no one can deny….
The Following User Says Thank You to Saleeqa Batool For This Useful Post:
arslanbhutto (Saturday, November 07, 2009)

arslanbhutto is on a distinguished road

I totally endorse your view
When Kayani came to power he told Army officers not to have meetings with Politicians

But he himself is not fulfilling his words, so what to expect with other army officers

he held meetings with politicians recently that portrays his will to destabilize democracy.

oriental is on a distinguished road
As far as Military's role is concerned it should be within the allowed boundary.Army is not suppose to meddle in the political process.It is unfortunate but we should not see them with and eye of suspicion if they act within their alloted sphere.COAS can hold meeting with CM.there is nothing wrong in it .He can warn the enemy or inform verbally or written but, can not impose his decision on the people anyway.As we saw the way they articulated voice on KLB.This is not on.

Army is the defender of the state and its borders therefore should not come into politics because they are not fit for it.
40th CTP (CTG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 400

aphrodite is a jewel in the roughaphrodite is a jewel in the roughaphrodite is a jewel in the rough

Rest assured, the army wont be dragging in a coup any time soon, cuz its way too soon and because it doesnt want a negative public opinion. But when it sees politicians cooking up a 'shab-daig' with all kinds of stuff in it- it is sure to meddle in it. How can you blame the army when people like Zardari and Rehman Malik are installed by the US to oversee their interests and deride the country's? Currently, in the government and bureaucracy, everyone is aware of the danger such people portray for our national security/soverignty. Rehman Malik, the person responsible for the 'security situation' of this country is actually working against it. Its no longer just about embezzlement of public money, its become graver now, encapsulating the existence of Pakistan as we know it. And the only other powerful institution in the country will have to jump in to ensure safety.

This time around I think the army will play it safe and pull the strings from behind the stage. I think Kiyani is acting very mature, by not imposing martial law.
Old Sunday, November 08, 2009
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: AppreciationDiligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,264 Times in 1,100 Posts
Muhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant future

Army is not going to meddle into political arena as rightly aphrodite has stated. COAS can see C.M. and if at all there were political motives in such a meeting, thn rest assured General Kayani did not give them any green signal.

Perhaps advocaters/ followers of current government are forgetting that General Kayani had worked with the Benazir as Dy Military Secretary in 1990s when she was prime minister and General Kayani was instrumental in bringing political set up/democracy in country when he involved himself in negotiations between Musharaf and Benazir when Musharaf was all in all in the country. Even after that he was invovled in asking musharaf to shed his uniform as per public demand.

As far as Kerry Loger Bill is concerned, Corps Commander meeting showed its disconcern, but they referred the issue to Parliament and stated that the final decision lies with the public representatives. Unfortunately the matter was not discussed in Parliament in letter and spirit..

Rest assured army is playing its constitutional role well, however, alas our worthy politicians are not doing good.
Old Monday, November 09, 2009
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Saleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to behold

@aphrodite and brother TSA
i agree with you on the follwing points.
1-Zardari and Rehman Malik are responsible for current security crises(When this Govt taken over the charge pakistan was alian to sucide bombings etc.Even if there were some bomb blasts they were very few as compared to the current situation.By the way staticts suggest otherwise.)

2-Zardari has sold pakistan through kerry lugar act.(i accept as all the previous fundings were unconditional.It was zardari who took amerca in Pakistan.It was he who sacked Doctor qadeer khan.He also allowed US to use pakistani bases.This act is infact agrrement between US and Pakistan in which zardari will hand over nuclear assets to amerca.but there is also a fact the non military aid is totlay unconditonal while the military aid require certain certifications from US Secretary of State. We have all the rights to refuse this military aid yes only military aid but why we criticizing it now ? even we are saying to reject the non military -non refundable aid ? However when we recive LOANS from IMF these are extended with tough conditions.Your SBP has become a subsidary of IMF on the name of autonomy.One friend has suggested that these are politicions who take loans from these institutions but the record suggest that dependnce on foreighn fudining started from ASyub Khan Regime)

3-This is the most corrupt Govt .zardari must be hanged.(Just forget he remained in jail for 11 years and during the last 7 years of his prisons mushraf tried his level best to prove cases against him but he failed)

4-Mushraf govt was not as corrupt as the current Govt(Just forget the formation of PP Patriots, US extended 15 billion dollars to pakistan.Some Generals have purchased properties in UAE.Even Shaukat aziz has established his finacial firm.Musharf is living at egerton road Uk.All this bis the result of clean-Govt)

5-
42nd CTP (PSP)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2013 - Merit 62

umarabbas has a spectacular aura aboutumarabbas has a spectacular aura aboutumarabbas has a spectacular aura about
Default @ all

I believe something is missing in the discussion:

Defence is one of the pillars of the state, quite an influential one as well. in days of war, as we are facing today, operations would not be fruitful if army and political elite are not in constant touch.

Secondly, my personal view is that it better to have a single "Lutayra" on the top rather than having 90+ lutayray holding ministerial positions :P... The political stability is as elusive, as the jobs, light, trade and business, security of life and property ...

The PPP "Post-BB" leadership has committed error after error....the government might not fall but i don't THIS PPP playing any major role in the next elections ...

Ony continuity of system can ensure good governance.But today problem is not of good or bad governance.Threats are hovering over federation.WE are repeating the mistake comited in 1960's that resulted in disintegration of federation.Worst form of democracy with all of its weaknesses is better than dictatorship. I am not a member of any political party.I am very much against the herditry politics.But i believ in the given circumstances PPP survival is necessary for federation.Where baluhs are showing their mistrust on the federation, a party having influence in all the small provinces especialy in Sindh is blessing in disguise. Zardari is the person who kept united PPP (there is a group of media giving impression that zardai is losing support from the party but believ me it is not the case).If PPP is restricted to Sindh or establishment forces disintegrate this party it would be a serious blow to the fedeartion.

I have strong reservaion on the role of media except DAWN(it is the only newspaper in pakistan that follows ethics to some extent).We think always at extremes.But there are always two sides of the pictur.For example we hate amerca for its role in Palestine ,Gulf , and afghanistan.I being a muslim also condemn this role but we forget few facts that time.Have Arabs not accepted Isreel.Should they not be condemnend.Morever, there are many positive things that must be attributed to amerca.It is the country that has given space to millions of muslims hailing from poor countries.(Our rich brother cuntries do not give citizenship).Some 20000 Muslims are working in US Army.Amerca as a state has no discrimination towards any religion.Islamic Centres,Mosques are working there(here in pakistan injustices have been done with minorities).Muslims had to face some difficulties after 9/11 but it was a reaction from public and was not the policy of state.US is providing schlership to thousands of muslims to study there.In case of any natural calmity , amercan NGOs reaches first of all for the rescue.

China is our friend.Friendship between states is based on mutual interests.There was a time when india had cordial relations with China.but afterwards mutul interests brought it close to the pakistan.We respect china but at the same time we being muslims never voice against the attrocties ,Chinese Govt is inflicting on Muslim Population in Sankyang?

Our beloved religion Islam teaches modesty that we have left.When Our beloved prophet reached madina he enetred in to the agreement with Jews and other tribes(Meesaq e madina).SULAH Hudabia in 6th Hijra was apprently surrender before unjust terms of KUFFAR but infact it was an indicator of great statemanship of HOLY PROPHET.What was the lessonfor us in this.I may be wrong but i perciev great prophet set n exapmle for us to realise the ground realities and never make the decsions on emotional grounds.First of all strenthen yourself and then move forward.Today strenth of a nation lies in econmic and educational development.We are completely dependent on west to run the wheal of our economy.90pc of our annual budget is consumed in debt service and defence.Only 10 is left for all the socio-ecnomic development.

will write more in the next sitting.Cont.....