Wednesday, May 15, 2024
10:45 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sunday, December 27, 2009
38th CTP (PG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Merit 288

imama is on a distinguished road
Default Ans plz : Are Tlibans a stretegic asset of Pakistan

aoa,

it is often said that Tlibans are stretegic asset of Pakistan...i cant digest it,if so then y Pakistan spending so much?bearing collateral damage?
plz ans bt with logic so that a stance may be built..
thanks

Last edited by Andrew Dufresne; Sunday, December 27, 2009 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Title should be self explanatory

Legend is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by imama View Post
aoa,

it is often said that Tlibans are stretegic asset of Pakistan...i cant digest it,if so then y Pakistan spending so much?bearing collateral damage?
plz ans bt with logic so that a stance may be built..
thanks
Taliban's under the rule of Mullah Umer used to be the strategic asset of Pakistan, the ongoing war is between TTP (Tehrik e Taliban Pakistan) and the Military of republic. Don't get confused between Talibans who belonged to Afghanistan and TTP, you will be able to digest the whole stance.

Surmount is a jewel in the roughSurmount is a jewel in the roughSurmount is a jewel in the rough

Well, Talibaan are basically part of Pakistan and Afganistan. They are more supported by Pakistan and America untill late 1997. They can't be called as asset of Pakistan, moreover all the persons killed by our millitary are not Talibaan rather terrorists.

Its more than a political game, much confusing as well. This issue has been resolved almost now.

khuhro is a jewel in the roughkhuhro is a jewel in the roughkhuhro is a jewel in the rough
Default no!

if taliban are our assets then who is the enemy of our's
Kashif Jamil (Sunday, December 27, 2009)
Provincial Civil Service
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: PMS / PCS Award: Serving PMS / PCS (BS 17) officers are eligible only. - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,335 Times in 569 Posts
Xeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdom

AoA,

Taliban: considered to be in three groups: i.e.

1. TTP
2. Taliban engaged in Afghanistan
3. So called Taliban: alleged to be production of international powers for destabilization of Pakistan and defaming Islam.

TTP is working inside the Pakistan, for implementing Shariah and taking revenge for those aggrieved by the hands of Pakistani Government and Forces. Whereas, Taliban engaged in Afghanistan purely work for the liberation of Afghanistan to liberate the country from the foreign occupation.

Afghan-Taliban proved a great strategic asset for Pakistan in their rule. Pakistani borders adjacent to Afghanistan was safe and there was light employment of border security forces as compare to the present situation.

Furthermore, Taliban regime was friendly with Islamic countries, and this land was not used as base for conspiracy against neighboring countries. Current regime of Afghanistan is in cordial relations with India and Pakistan is suffering much from the established embassies of India in Afghanistan.

Taliban inside Pakistan, working against the interest of Pakistan proved a threat to the stability of Pakistan while Taliban struggling for liberating Afghanistan are still unsuccessful by getting their goal. For the time being, I don't think that, Taliban are strategic asset for Pakistan.

Regards,
Shahoo
38th CTP (PG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Merit 288

imama is on a distinguished road

hmmmm....i got ur point bt listen imran khan n some other analysts say that we _pakistani govt+army_dont want to make worse hello hi with talibans of afghanistan so thats why the govt n indeed the army no taking any regorous step for clearly closing the LINE...is it so?

2. afgh.talibans r fighting with invaders...right..so in this way they r freedom fighters n not terrorists...correct?
Provincial Civil Service
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: PMS / PCS Award: Serving PMS / PCS (BS 17) officers are eligible only. - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,335 Times in 569 Posts
Xeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdom

Quote:
hmmmm....i got ur point bt listen imran khan n some other analysts say that we _pakistani govt+army_dont want to make worse hello hi with talibans of afghanistan so thats why the govt n indeed the army no taking any regorous step for clearly closing the LINE...is it so?
If they have not harmed the Pakistan, then what is the need for worsening relations with them? As an ally of US, Pakistan has to fight against the Taliban of Afghanistan as well, and Pakistan is doing that by providing logistic support to NATO and Allied Forces in Afghanistan and by eliminating network of Taliban in Pakistan.

Quote:
2. afgh.talibans r fighting with invaders...right..so in this way they r freedom fighters n not terrorists...correct?
If they have mandate of the majority of the Afghan People then for sure they are freedom fighters otherwise terrorist or resistant groups. It is not sure whether majority of the Afghan people want back the regime of Taliban or some of them. Moreover, Afghanistan is under foreign aggression yet and has not justified their stay there, by not firmly establishing the authority of the Afghan Government yet.

Surmount is a jewel in the roughSurmount is a jewel in the roughSurmount is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

What do you mean by LINE and other words exactly,please?

Quote:

Nice point, but they are terrorist if they invade in Pakistan and/or try to imply Shariaah or try to contribute in terrorism by anyway..... But before saying it, let me tell me that when we say that Pakistan is an Islamic state, then by this mean, they can be called Freedom fighters as well because their regards, Pakistan Govt is not in true Muslims hands.

Moreover, in Afghanistan, they were and are doing the same what they are doing in Pakistan i.e. implication of Islam in Govt. affairs. Its a very good thing for us, being Muslims we should follow the Islamic rules in our lives but I don't think that Islam says to kill the people if they don't convert themselves into Muslim or imply Islam in their lives.

Last edited by Andrew Dufresne; Sunday, December 27, 2009 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Quote not closed
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

The Star has a spectacular aura aboutThe Star has a spectacular aura aboutThe Star has a spectacular aura about

While talking about Taliban as a strategic asset for Pakistan,a line must be drawn between TTP and Afghan Taliban.It is in the best interest of pakistan that a pro-pakistani government should operate in Afghanistan.America and NATO forces are gonna leave Afghanistan one day.They can not stay there forever.History is a witness that when Northern alliance forces,heavily helped by American air strikes,entered Kabul,they behaved like that they have conquered Islamabad(Na'oz billaha).every and each pakistani present in kabul was treated cruelly and pakistan embassy in kabul came under attack.Non pushton Northern alliance can never be friendly towards pakistan.they were and they are pro-indians.On the other hand Taliban regime in the past had played benefactive role for pakistan.

If we analyze current situation,it is evident that dozens of Indian consulateS are operating in Afghanistan,who,infact, are serving as the nurseries of insurgencies in Baluchistan and FATA. Taliban at present are occupying around about 20% of afghan area and this area is like heaven for pakistaies.

So when America leaves afghanistan we should be fully prepared to bring forward such a group who could easily fill in the place and which ,at the same time should be pro pakistan.

Afghan Taliban seems to serve this purpose nicely.And i think our government and policy makers are fully aware of this fact.But this is not an easy job to do.America has severe reservation in this regard,and this issue is a bone of contention between America and pakistan in the context of war on terror.

Pakistan played an important role in raising talibans in afghanistan.this is a truth no one can deny.In present situation it is impossible for pakistan to raise such an other group who could secure pakistan's interests.We are left with only one option---that is Taliban.

TTP is unacceptable,many foreign hidden hands are allegedly involved in raising them .they are security risk for our s tate and they must be treated with iron hands as they are being treated.