Friday, April 26, 2024
06:32 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Thursday, January 07, 2010

Khanabadosh is an unknown quantity at this point

Assalam

Dear fellow members i think it is high time to ponder over the possible solutions to the upheavals that is prevalent across Pakistan. I've observed following major threats affecting the country:

1. Internal Instability
a). Crippled Economy
b). Lack of Mature Leadership
c). Weak or Short-Sighted Political Parties or Politicians
d). Lack of Democratic Trends
e). Unbridled Military Powers
f). Lack of Quality Education
g). Unemployment
h). Poverty
i). Poor or Absence of Law and Order Situation
j). Lack of Sense of Patriotic Instinct
k). Ethnic Difference and so on.....

2. External Threats
a). Facing India
b). Facing the US in the wake of Obama's Af-Pak Policy and Scourge of Drone Attacks
c). Afghan Dilemma
d). Terrorism

Dear members I've pointed out some of the major factors which, in my view, Pakistan badly needs these days. Now it's your turn to give some possible solutions to the problems mentioned above and anything else which you deem vital as well. Please don't neglect. Let's save our homeland! Pakistan Zindabad! Thanks

“And among men there is one who selleth his self (soul) seeking the pleasure of God; and verily, God is affectionate unto His (faithful) servants.” 2:207

Last edited by Princess Royal; Friday, January 08, 2010 at 12:27 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Khanabadosh For This Useful Post:
Sajid Sadeem (Friday, January 08, 2010)
Old Thursday, January 07, 2010
35th Common
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2006 - 162nd

Asad ullah will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanabadosh View Post
2. External Threat
a). Facing India
b). Facing the US in the wake of Obama's Af-Pak Policy and Scourge of Drone Attacks
c). Afghan Dilemma
d). Terrorism

Guys c'mon wake up!!!
Dear Khanabadosh,
To me,Pakistan is confronted with the following four core issues:
1-Lack of visionary leadership
2-Weak Institutions
3-Ideological Imbiguity
4-ethnic,linguistic,cultural diversity(i place this problem at a secondary level)

Solutions:

My dear fellows,as far as my viewpoint is concerned,Let me convey and indicate that the only solution to all of these problems is democracy.For democracy,the only cure is to give more democracy.Let democracy flourish uninterupttedly please.
Sajid Sadeem (Friday, January 08, 2010)
Old Friday, January 08, 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asad ullah View Post
Let me convey and indicate that the only solution to all of these problems is democracy.For democracy,the only cure is to give more democracy.Let democracy flourish uninterupttedly please.
and who do you think should give democracy? i cannot understand who are you talking to? what's ur subject?

“And among men there is one who selleth his self (soul) seeking the pleasure of God; and verily, God is affectionate unto His (faithful) servants.” 2:207
35th Common
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2006 - 162nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanabadosh View Post
and who do you think should give democracy? i cannot understand who are you talking to? what's ur subject?
Well,my dear, my statement addresses everyone;you,me,all the members of the forum,the moderators and the administrators,politicians,military,judiciary,medi a,intelligensia,civil society and each and every member of the nation.It is a collective resposibility.

With regards,
ASAD

Dear Asad

I got it, tell me how can we save or avoid from doing away with democracy if this nation is divided; and even few opine that there is no democracy at all! I mean how can you have democracy when there are self-righteous people around? What if I personally don't like a person who is say prime minister or president? And what can we do when I decide it on sheer undemocratic basis....u can say ethnicity, some old score to settle etc...? In a nutshell, I don't think that democracy is the only available panacea for all the ill affecting the country....continuity is just the one.

There are countries in the world without democracy, but ironically they don't have such a huge list of problems there. Why us?

Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Arbab.Danish will become famous soon enough

Salam

Well friends all problem mentioned are present in Pakistan. some are core problem and some are derived from other problems.

Lack of leadership is very core problem. But where from do leaders come? do we have to import them? or Is it the responsibility of our nation, public and people to produce leaders? Will we keep on crying that we don't have leaders, we don't have democracy or we don't have any system, or there's lack of ideology, or other so many problems.?

I believe before finding any solution you have to find problems. but there are so many problems that its not a problem to find problems.

Remember my friends unless people like us (literate, intelligent, patriotic, sincere) dont do anything to change the fate of our country it's almost impossible that Pakistan becomes what it ought to be.

Pakistan is a large country and it's hard for a person or two to bring any good change or eradicate all the problems, and to fight against all problems (internal, system, external) so we have to do some organised efforts. We have to make a platform of sincere, intelligent and patriotic people. The problem is our youth does want to do much for their country but they don't know how to do that, and gets desperate after seeing so many problems. and eventually quit, get silent and lead their life as ordinary ones as animals ( too harsh word but its used rightly i guess because earning a good wealth, living good with facilities, eating good, teaching your children in good schools, and this teaching is not the real teaching because this again is only because in future our children will again earn good, this teaching is not for helping your country, or helping others)

Think, and think again n again how we can serve our nation how we can solve all these problems, we have found too much problems (in 62 years) and still didnt we reach at the stage to start solving these problems? It's time to to start. and last thing and hint dont think individually, think collectively, because individually too many people have tried but we are still here where we are. By collectively i mean think of making some platform, making a team of good persons who can bring change.
from where to start, what to start? i would like to know that from every one of you. I too have some ideas, but would like to listen first.
Thanx
Old Saturday, January 09, 2010
35th Common

@Arbab.Danish
Dear,your patriotic and ambitious post is sufficient enough to agitate the minds and hearts of all responsible citizens of Pakistan.I appreciate ur love for the country.But dear! we r yet to go a long distance before we overcome our problems and crises.We ve inherited very complex and troublesome problems.Now,there is a daunting task before each and every one of us.It is easy to destroy but difficult to build.We are here to do the latter one.There is no short-cut.
However,every cloud has a silver lining.The task is onerous yet not impossible.Every great nation/country that we see today standing on a higher pedestal had to live through hard times.We should appreciate the fact that Pakistan is no exception.To me,Pakistan has embarked on a right track now.I wish the awakening of our national conscience doesnt prove short-lived.I wish the democtatic process continues and strenghtens.I wish we learn to live within our means.I wish we always put resistance to all kind of injustice and tyranny.I wish we commit ourselves to tolerate and accommodate each other.I wish we give top priority to education and learning.I wish we encourage research and inquisitiveness.(and it is a long wish-list).But believe u me,I m not disappointed with Pakistan.It is bound to rise like a phoenix from the ashes.

with regards,
ASAD

Am not disappointed either.... but let's just not fool ourselves around. You're right there's no short-cut but "rising like a phoenix from the ashes" is really a long way to go. Let's face it.... we lack patriotism. I've personally noticed it during my sojourn to abroad. Once we shun our regional identities and unanimously think like a Pakistani there's every reason to believe that Pakistan will soon be a regional superpower lagging behind India and even China!!! I'm an strong believer in people's power. Our people have still not risen from their deep slumber of ignorance. Educate them properly and they're enough power themselves to preserve democracy or whatever system they feel comfortable staying with. and yes Mr. Arbab.Danish, it's not time to become emotional, rather we need to be pragmatic enough in our approach. let's face the reality.

sameen is on a distinguished road

If you let following five things happen, all the problems will be solved in Pakistan:

1) Let the taliban do what ever they want
2) Let the Chief Justice do what ever he wants
3) Let Nawaz Sharif do what ever he wants in Pakistan
4) Let the MQM do what ever it wants in Karachi
5) After the Cheif Justice retires, let the army do what ever she wants.
The Following User Says Thank You to sameen For This Useful Post:
irshadsod (Monday, January 18, 2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameen View Post
If you let following five things happen, all the problems will be solved in Pakistan:

1) Let the taliban do what ever they want
2) Let the Chief Justice do what ever he wants
3) Let Nawaz Sharif do what ever he wants in Pakistan
4) Let the MQM do what ever it wants in Karachi
5) After the Cheif Justice retires, let the army do what ever she wants.
hahaha....sure very genius you're. i'm surprised why I couldn't think of such 'feasible' solutions.

The Following User Says Thank You to Khanabadosh For This Useful Post:
sameen (Saturday, January 09, 2010)