Monday, April 29, 2024
04:15 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Sabah Hunzai is on a distinguished road
Default women perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAWISH View Post
dear saba dnt u think that educated woman is suffering even more.education creats self awareness n sesatize one abt every aspect f life n gener awareness abt one's pains n sufferings.bt she is nt able to overcome her problems whether she b educated illitrate modern r conservative liberal r subjugated
Well, look around, there are many female voices, in the form of Asma Jahangir, Amina wadood, Shouroush, Fatima Mernisi, so and so forth, who gave a voice to the grievances of women and dared to analyse things from women's perspective. even they look into the Quran from women perspectives. just think, education has enabled them and encourged them to raise their voices.
Old Thursday, January 21, 2010
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: Css 2010 - Roll no

KAWISH will become famous soon enough

these few names among others are encouraging factors.effort is however required at every level n by every individuals.this battle should b fought by every individual n at both the individual as well as broader level.tell me members what should b done to awake her from this slumber???
speak f the fandamentals rather going for the most sophisticated,complex suggestions n steps first(as most NGOs do)

Black Avenger is on a distinguished road

Yo asima jahangir is nothing but another pseudo feminist.I wonder why her Human rights commission Pakistan doesnt do transparent hiring.

And as this forum is taking a really interesting turn?How would you define education ? Does education comes in the form of a bundle of foreign degrees(all those countries in which women are still second citizens,I have already pretty much discussed the condition of women in several western countries in another post of mine,so wudnt want to go into that) Trust me just formal education or gender based education(ok -educate -the -women -thats -it)cant change nuthing at all.

People need to change their minds.Not just women but men as well.We have to create a world in which what we believe in should be there for everyone as a way of life. People need to start teaching their kids the way they should treat women.In many Pakistani homes(i am talking about all classes,women coming from all educational backgrounds,people belonging to all social or cultural backgrounds) women still dont have a choice of getting married to the guy of her choice.we still teach our sons to be the protectors of our daughters,there's nothing wrong with that concept but what we are doing in the retrospect is that we are creating a world in which a man will definitely be dominant and woman will be increasingly dependent.No matter how educated she is,if she is not allowed to make her own decisions,how is she ever going to change her society.

Education of just one gender cant change nuthing.Socail values and cutural norms change by educating all the people present in a society.

Last edited by Andrew Dufresne; Thursday, January 21, 2010 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Merged
The Following User Says Thank You to Black Avenger For This Useful Post:
nageen (Thursday, January 21, 2010)

Default defining education

well, education, in my perception, is pre-requisite for differentiation of good and bad. it is not only the transfer of certain skills and knowledge but in its holistic approach, it does include the moral imperatives of a society as well. an educated women can judge what is wrong in her society, she can analyse it with other societies where there seems a considerable secure position of women. she strives for the same. Education cannot be the only factor for women emancipation, but, definitely, it is the source which brings confidence, realization, and motivation in a person to fight for his/her rights.

also read the following para by Mr. D.Sambangi
Education is a potent tool in the emancipation and empowerment of women. The greatest single factor which can incredibly improve the status of women in any society is education. It is indispensable that education enables women not only to gain more knowledge about the world outside of her hearth and home but helps her to get status, positive self esteem, and self confidence , necessary courage and inner strength to face challenges in life. Apparently it also facilitates them to procure a job and supplement the income of family and achieve social status. Education especially of women has a major impact on health and nutrition as an instrument of developing a sustainable strategy for population control. Moreover educated women can play an equally important role as men in nation building. Thus there is no denying fact that education empowers women. Indeed the different organs of the United Nations and experts on women‘s liberation argue for women’s education as the basic step to attain equality with men.
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: Css 2010 - Roll no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Avenger View Post
Yo asima jahangir is nothing but another pseudo feminist.I wonder why her Human rights commission Pakistan doesnt do transparent hiring.

And as this forum is taking a really interesting turn?How would you define education ? Does education comes in the form of a bundle of foreign degrees(all those countries in which women are still second citizens,I have already pretty much discussed the condition of women in several western countries in another post of mine,so wudnt want to go into that) Trust me just formal education or gender based education(ok -educate -the -women -thats -it)cant change nuthing at all.

People need to change their minds.Not just women but men as well.We have to create a world in which what we believe in should be there for everyone as a way of life. People need to start teaching their kids the way they should treat women.In many Pakistani homes(i am talking about all classes,women coming from all educational backgrounds,people belonging to all social or cultural backgrounds) women still dont have a choice of getting married to the guy of her choice.we still teach our sons to be the protectors of our daughters,there's nothing wrong with that concept but what we are doing in the retrospect is that we are creating a world in which a man will definitely be dominant and woman will be increasingly dependent.No matter how educated she is,if she is not allowed to make her own decisions,how is she ever going to change her society.

Education of just one gender cant change nuthing.Socail values and cutural norms change by educating all the people present in a society.
NGOs do not n cannot pursue everything,n also nothing is perfect.vt i respect abt NGOS n other social activists is thier initiative.no matter how erroneus thier effort might b.
but i do agree here that thier efforts r nt working thats y im demanding the solution from the conventional wisdom!
anybody come with that pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabah Hunzai View Post
well, education, in my perception, is pre-requisite for differentiation of good and bad. it is not only the transfer of certain skills and knowledge but in its holistic approach, it does include the moral imperatives of a society as well. an educated women can judge what is wrong in her society, she can analyse it with other societies where there seems a considerable secure position of women. she strives for the same. Education cannot be the only factor for women emancipation, but, definitely, it is the source which brings confidence, realization, and motivation in a person to fight for his/her rights.

also read the following para by Mr. D.Sambangi
Education is a potent tool in the emancipation and empowerment of women. The greatest single factor which can incredibly improve the status of women in any society is education. It is indispensable that education enables women not only to gain more knowledge about the world outside of her hearth and home but helps her to get status, positive self esteem, and self confidence , necessary courage and inner strength to face challenges in life. Apparently it also facilitates them to procure a job and supplement the income of family and achieve social status. Education especially of women has a major impact on health and nutrition as an instrument of developing a sustainable strategy for population control. Moreover educated women can play an equally important role as men in nation building. Thus there is no denying fact that education empowers women. Indeed the different organs of the United Nations and experts on women‘s liberation argue for women’s education as the basic step to attain equality with men.
education be it religious r worldly haven t changed her way f thinking.be she in any society the sole aim n purpose f her life is finding a suitable lifepartner to rule over her n support her(most of the times)!
but yes holistic approach at every level should help,u r right.but this initiative should be taken both at youngesters' level as well as adults' level.some motivating programme should be started with the object of motivating parents to begin the job.

Last edited by Andrew Dufresne; Thursday, January 21, 2010 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Merged

well saba i asked for your personal definitation of education....not something influenced by some so and so person.

I agree that NGOs cant pursue everything but u can very easily see through the veneer of selflessness to uncover the hypocrisy and shrewd politics going inside.Its easy to identify who is working for the people and who is working for themselves.

while i am totally in favour of efforts made by people like ansar burney and edhi i am totally against the work done by likes of asma jahangir.Where was she when Dr marwa sherwini was brutally murdred?I did not see any reponse in any paper whether national or international about her saying anything about it yet she is so resourceful taht she can travel to india to get her picture taken with and accepting shiellds of watever so called huamnitarian works she has done from the murderer and mastermind of thousands of muslim murders in Gujrat , the guy whose militias raped thousands of innocent muslim girls, I am talking about nareendra modi.

ok forget about marwa as she was not Pakistani,I havent seen anything in papers about the much publicised case of Dr Afia siddiqui.Dr afia siddiqui is teh only MBBS in the world who has a degree in neurology from Harvard and no doubt she is an important asset for Pakistan.Why is asma jahangir and her so aclled human rights commission not saying anything about her release whereas international agencies like Amnesty International and several torture bashing organizations are fighting for her case.

maybe u will have answers for all of my questions but I do not believe in seudo feminsim and ppl misusing it to just make their own name.Feminism with some purpose tobring real change is what i believe in but i dont see that in Paksitan yet.Thankyou
Old Friday, January 22, 2010

@Black avenger
pls do re read my post.im neither defending nor oposing anyone im talking abt ideas as a whole.lets not make it abt ppl let it b abt the idealogy we r dicussing! thank u too

Default Optimism never dies

@Black Avenger
maybe u will have answers for all of my questions but I do not believe in seudo feminsim and ppl misusing it to just make their own name.Feminism with some purpose tobring real change is what i believe in but i dont see that in Paksitan yet.Thankyou
well, just think for a while, what would be the terrible position of our society, if we exclude the role played by civil society. we can't blame certain names, at the cost of institutions. I think, civil society as whole played a significant role in bringing all those grievances and ailing voices women to the scene, which once used to be under-earthed deliberately by governements. we cannot expect civil society to deliver justice, as it does not fall in its code. its duty is to raise voice and knock the door of Justice. one of the steps towards emancipation of women, i think, is to empower the civil society, so that all the grievances can form a voice, which in its effect, hopefully, will bring realization.

lets be optimistic for change, and change which comes through gradual process is stable, we can't expect a revolution in the matter.

Last edited by Andrew Dufresne; Friday, January 22, 2010 at 08:15 AM. Reason: Kindly avoid using red color

if u read my posts again u will very clearly find out that...i did not take any side...i just merely pointed out that these so called goddesses of Pakistani feminism do not serve the purpose of real feminism and backed it up with examples.And yes i do believe that they do not deserve the position they claim to possess.You are definitely entitled to your own opinions

Civil society is not just about feminists or NGOs.Its the voice of a nation so lets not just bracket it.If i wudnt have believed in NGO's i wudnt have given the example of amnesty international or ansar burney.

I believe in work done.A man does it or a woman does it I do not really care.I just do not like people who do stuff just to get famous and then play the game of being the most selfless souls out there.

@ black avanger
thnx for ur explaination.gr8 to have a consensus none discusses ppl

who has ever worked to reform the mantality f r women.ppl r working for her physical n other material grievences but emotional n spiritual aspect f her life is still in limbo.
i expect my fellow dear members come with some more dynamical comments
Regards

Quote:
lets be optimistic for change, and change which comes through gradual process is stable,
agreed but couldnt get this one;
Quote:
we can't expect a revolution in the matter.
i hope u through some light.regards

Last edited by Andrew Dufresne; Friday, January 22, 2010 at 08:30 AM. Reason: Merged