Monday, April 29, 2024
04:23 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Saturday, January 23, 2010
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Sociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to all

Ya, it is not easy to change the centuries old concepts of male/female role in society.
Our women in Pujabi culture still sing the "lori" for their kids like;

" alar balar baway da
bawa kanak layaway ga
Bawi bay kay chatay gi ......

means the male is supposed to work outside and earn while the female is supposed to stay at home for domestic chores.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sociologist PU For This Useful Post:
Sabah Hunzai (Saturday, January 23, 2010)

Black Avenger is on a distinguished road

@kawish

to earn something u have to work for it.u wanna call it burden I call it change.Nobody can change no one's situation but he or she himself/herself.Again perspective clash. Will cap it up in only one line,A common man earned respect through thousands of years of hardwork(in olden times,a common man did not have any respect,was burdened by taxes,his children didnot have education, and all that c*** of the middle ages).He grew up,and worked hard to get his status back.Nobody did it for him.Now when it comes to her,nobody CANT do nothing for her unless herself.If she wants to change the society around her,she has to start from her home,change comes from within not without.

There u are.

@hunzai

Well if u had read my post clearly u cud have easily identified the elements of the conflict between self interest and the genuine urge to change something.Which of course u havent.So I will leave u at where u are.
Sabah Hunzai (Saturday, January 23, 2010)

isamohmand is on a distinguished road

I think education is the antidote to most of the evils that bedevil our society- from violence to honor killings to robbery; but in the case of women emancipation, its power is obvious and can be glimpsed without any deep exercise of imagination. Now lets come to the topic: women in Islam and our world. It is true that women are suffering in the Muslim world: domestic torture, honour killings and a strange kind of incarceration behind veils and burqas are prevalent. But these facts should not blind us to a more important reality that is, women in the west are also suffering despite their progress so far: from gang rape in the street to the proverbial glass-ceiling in the market place, discrimination against women stares you in every nook and corner. However, there is a differences of degree; women in the west are far more ahead than the women in the Muslim world. But the reason is simple: the Muslim countries are predominantly illiterate and uneducated and worse still they resist modernity and change.
The problem is not with Islam; the problem is with us. We are even ignorant of our own religion; Muslim women used to take part even in battles- Aisha, the holy prophet's second wife, once led an army in the Battle of the Camel- but still we ignorant fools toe the line of a maulvi when he tells us that girls cannt go to school and we shamelessly nod in yes.
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: Css 2010 - Roll no

KAWISH will become famous soon enough

guys(since they r the one mostly participating in this discussion) think of something to invoke her participation,her interest in any matters to win her attention.what is lacking on her part is the very realisation that in addition to wrongs that others r doing to her she too is doing a huge wrong to herself by herself.the lack of interest ,in this discussion,of my dear fellow female members of this worthy forum is a strong evidence of this fact.
we need to seek her attention so that the voice f truth cn reach her.be it any mode: religious or any other social,worldly effort,to get her involved into it.begin this from ur homes from the female family members f ur own family.encourage her to seek knowledge,to make an ambition f her life,to make her life useful for her country,religion n the rest f the world.its enough that she has done for herself n her family....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Avenger View Post
@kawish

to earn something u have to work for it.u wanna call it burden I call it change.Nobody can change no one's situation but he or she himself/herself.Again perspective clash. Will cap it up in only one line,A common man earned respect through thousands of years of hardwork(in olden times,a common man did not have any respect,was burdened by taxes,his children didnot have education, and all that c*** of the middle ages).He grew up,and worked hard to get his status back.Nobody did it for him.Now when it comes to her,nobody CANT do nothing for her unless herself.If she wants to change the society around her,she has to start from her home,change comes from within not without.

im not averse to effort n responsibility,i ve already indeed begun it on my part.what i meant was that conciousness n realisation is first n for most requirement for the efficiantl performance of ones duties.so to do that one thing i ve written my previous post.i hope i make it clear now

Quote:
Originally Posted by isamohmand View Post
I think education is the antidote to most of the evils that bedevil our society- from violence to honor killings to robbery; but in the case of women emancipation,
an army in the Battle of the Camel- but still we ignorant fools toe the line of a maulvi when he tells us that girls cannt go to school and we shamelessly nod in yes.
u r right read my previous posts thats exactly my view

Last edited by Andrew Dufresne; Saturday, January 23, 2010 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Merged
Old Sunday, January 24, 2010

Guys??
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: Css 2010 - Roll no

Quote:
Guys??
i ecpect u make ur querry a bit more clear.....

guys(since they r the one mostly participating in this discussion)

Who are the guys here?

Quote:
guys(since they r the one mostly participating in this discussion)

Who are the guys here?
baee other fellow participants in this dicussion...vts so incomprehensible in that im still not clear,hope u try again!

lets sum up this discussion,w/h i hope was useful.my conclusion is in my previous post w/h prescribed the need of invoking her attention to get her involved efficiantly in matters f life before expecting from her to do something productive.Allah bless u all Ameen .Noor

Last edited by Andrew Dufresne; Sunday, January 24, 2010 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Merged