Sunday, April 28, 2024
10:59 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: Css 2010 - Roll no

KAWISH will become famous soon enough

aoa dear members.i have some independent thoughts over the issue but before bringing my own i would first comment on the discussion of the two respectable members

@floydian & tx ned
whatever u both are saying is accurate n in line w/ the prevailing practice.the issue is all about what,who should have done n what not.the dispute is:
First CJ(who should by law be consulted for appointment of judges)is saying he wasn't consulted
Second executive denying the same n saying that he was...
at the out look it seems like settling personal scores but in real its not n from here my personal thought begins

My opinion:
the clash b/w judiciary n executive is healthy.CJ whatever his personal being is,holds an office which has potential to bring a change.judiciary in the past have been exploited by the so called doctrine of necessity, n today if institutions are themselves,rather than the executive,are taking corrective measures,empowering the institutions for finally achieving the desired level of good governance,this is some thing to celebrate....democracy has its own corrective measures,it is said,so we must not fear the judiciary taking unfair advantage of public's trust....
praying for enlightenment of minds
Regards
deera (Saturday, February 20, 2010)
39th CTP (PSP)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2010 - Merit 222

floydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_ned View Post

After going through the case and judgement, you will definitely come to the point that your query "CJ's advice Binding on President" is out of the context.

Moreover you will come to the point that it is the matter of interpretation of constitution purely and I did post the SC's interpretation which was rejected to consider by your kind side with Mahatma's quotation.

Kind Regards
Are you into fortune-telling or forecasting business ?

I have made my stance very clear.

Furthermore, CJ's recommendations are in contrast with the seniority rule, as established by the famous Judges case. Such recommendation by itself is debatable and against constitutional norms.

(Bold fonts are stressful to the eyes)

regards,
floydian

tx_ned has a spectacular aura abouttx_ned has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydian View Post
Are you into fortune-telling or forecasting business ?

I have made my stance very clear.

Furthermore, CJ's recommendations are in contrast with the seniority rule, as established by the famous Judges case. Such recommendation by itself is debatable and against constitutional norms.

(Bold fonts are stressful to the eyes)

regards,
floydian
I do respect your kind comments as part of this debate. I think if you have any logical ground, then please present that one instead of being rigid like this.

I did not tell any fortune as I predicted you a logical man who needs information about the case to make a solid opinion for which I did share the link of official press release by Supreme Court of Pakistan.

You are most welcome if you don't want to go through the release and insist to be firm on your "I know the best policy".

Supreme Court of Pakistan has explained the same consultation procedure several times and 25 judges were appointed without consideration of seniority principle since 1950.

Hon'ble President did appoint 5 judges without any seniority rule in his current Presidency tenure as per Ehsan Iqbal in a talk show named "Off the record" dated 15th Feb 2010.

Anyways I have no debate here to change your mind as if you wont beleive that interpretation of constitution is by Supreme Court only.

I do consider the wise stance of Government on this issue as Hon'ble President did also express his respect on Supreme Court's decision.

Same was the statement of Information Minister as PPP is clear in her views that Supreme Court is authority to over-write the Presidential order.

I do appreciate PPP as Information Minister was quite clear in his views to implement the SC's 18th Feb 2010 decision.

He was also considering the said misunderstanding as difference of opinions and path of democratic maturity.

I do apologise if my words hurt your feelings as I do respect your opinion and have no concerns with destructive criticism.

I would appreciate if you could logically comment on the case.

Kind Regards

deera (Saturday, February 20, 2010), v-irgo (Saturday, February 20, 2010)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,572 Times in 792 Posts
Invincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud of

Aoa
Healthy n heated debate is going on.
Its our fortune that we always consider some people as super human beings, as we do cj nowadays.Cj should not have taken suo moto action at nite without hearing ex party,its unconstitutional.Clash wil only destroy system. Now the (N)leauge wants to encash this issue.For God sake dont let judiciary be politicised.System must survive at any cost.Cj has become personel to zardari, in the hearing of NRO case, he spent 5 days on Swis account interrogation n he uttered no word for remaining thousands nro people's fate. May i ask y?is it justice? for this biased attitude people of pakistan sacrificed their lives to reinstate him? off course not. He should be impartial other wise he wil lose his popularity among the mases.Zardari is a fudal so we should nt expect any un expected thing from him.He deserves not more than a designation of UC Nazim.
May Allah save this country.
deera (Saturday, February 20, 2010)

nazlili21 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydian View Post
I am still adamant on my statement as there is no written clause in the constitution which says that CJP’s advice is final for the President. Being head of the State, the President has acted in a constitutional way
@floydian
While deciding a case or interpreting the constitution when there are ambigous words the supreme court has the right 2 cite cases of diffrenet courts of the world 2 explain the meaning of such words.supreme court did the same.u r right that there is no provision in the constitution which says that CJ advice is final bt precedent of this case says that the consultation must be effective and meaningful and must allow the consultee the power to reject to reject the nomination.

if some one object this power of supreme court in this case which iz based on solid reasons they should also object the present position of the president and compare it to the original constitution.precedent play the same role in the decisions of the courts which play amendments in the constitution.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nazlili21 For This Useful Post:
deera (Saturday, February 20, 2010), v-irgo (Saturday, February 20, 2010)
Old Wednesday, February 17, 2010

tx_ned has a spectacular aura abouttx_ned has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invincible View Post
Aoa
Healthy n heated debate is going on.
Its our fortune that we always consider some people as super human beings, as we do cj nowadays.Cj should not have taken suo moto action at nite without hearing ex party,its unconstitutional.Clash wil only destroy system. Now the (N)leauge wants to encash this issue.For God sake dont let judiciary be politicised.System must survive at any cost.Cj has become personel to zardari, in the hearing of NRO case, he spent 5 days on Swis account interrogation n he uttered no word for remaining thousands nro people's fate. May i ask y?is it justice? for this biased attitude people of pakistan sacrificed their lives to reinstate him? off course not. He should be impartial other wise he wil lose his popularity among the mases.Zardari is a fudal so we should nt expect any un expected thing from him.He deserves not more than a designation of UC Nazim.
May Allah save this country.
Beautiful and awesome conclusive opinion this is !! what you present here, but I do request you to please consider both of the personalities (Hon'ble CJP and Hon'ble President) as Federation Symbals.

I do also respect your kind emotions and pessimistic criticism but I wanna request to take the undergoing case as "Evolutionary Process".

Hoping you might be agree with me that all institutes in the state are immature and on way to gonna strengthen.

This developing phase will definitely take some time, like a machine with 4 or 5 parts which were improperly placed; badly affected and need overhauling. Now Overhauling is done and all parts are going to be placed accordingly on their exact and proper place. They require time to fix on their positions and work effectively and efficiently.

Same like case is with our system (Country), parts (Parliament, Judiciary, Executive, Bureaucracy and Media) are entangling before fixing on their proper positions to give an efficient output.

Kind Regards
deera (Saturday, February 20, 2010), nazlili21 (Wednesday, February 17, 2010), v-irgo (Saturday, February 20, 2010)
Old Wednesday, February 17, 2010

mashal khan will become famous soon enough
Default Very sad.............

The comments shows your approach and study.
Being a political scientist The government act was valid,as the original constituion of 1973,under article 177 says that The Chief Justice of Pakistan shall be appointed by the President, and each of the other Judges shall be appointed by the President after consultation with the Chief Justice.

BUT in ALjihad trust case,there came the seniority issue,means the senior most judge shall be appionted as cheif justic.

But under 17th amendment, the president shall appiont all judges of supreme and high court,without the consultation of Cheif justice,

Now you ppl tell me,the President of pakistan has the power to appiont any judge under 17 amendment.
Wake up....17 amendment is still in action,if it is curtailed then this act of president would have been cosidered as illegal.
Old Thursday, February 18, 2010
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: Css 2010 - Roll no

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashal khan View Post
The comments shows your approach and study.
Being a political scientist The government act was valid,as the original constituion of 1973,under article 177 says that The Chief Justice of Pakistan shall be appointed by the President, and each of the other Judges shall be appointed by the President after consultation with the Chief Justice.

BUT in ALjihad trust case,there came the seniority issue,means the senior most judge shall be appionted as cheif justic.

But under 17th amendment, the president shall appiont all judges of supreme and high court,without the consultation of Cheif justice,

Now you ppl tell me,the President of pakistan has the power to appiont any judge under 17 amendment.
Wake up....17 amendment is still in action,if it is curtailed then this act of president would have been cosidered as illegal.
ur legal explaintion is quite convincing(regarding 17th ammandment n all) but are u suggesting that the action of gvt is right by the law n CJ is unjustly uping the ant???pls throw some light.
Regards

mashal khan will become famous soon enough

Yes 100 % legal..bcz the president has the power to do so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashal khan View Post
Yes 100 % legal..bcz the president has the power to do so...
doesn't it sound unfair n undemocratic?im not talking paricularly of this issue,why there are things in the constitution like descretion??isn't unfair?what keeps check on such descretions n what is the remedy if these are unfair?in the case u mentioned above the gvt followed rule of seniority,on the the occasion it violates the same while promoting no. of CSPs w/o following any rule of law.
as to the issue in hand the descretion of the president in appointing judges is not unqualified.he can follow his wishes,after consultation w/ CJ, if they do not go against the set rules of law.
or there is a way out?pls comment
regards