Monday, April 29, 2024
10:11 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Thursday, April 27, 2006

outlaws is on a distinguished road
Default Our Brilliant Brains

It was recently in the news that the universities in England are encouraging the Pakistani students to come to U.K and get their higher education. It is in fact a very cunning way of making money because Pakistani students have to pay 10 times more then the local students to universities and universities are funding themselves through that.

It is also working as blood sucking as students have to work long hours to fund themselves and then Govt of England have made a plan to filter through the best of the students and offer them what is now called HSMP. It is a point system which gets offers to bright students and give then right to stay in England. This is clearly working in the favour of England and Pakistan is not getting the cream it deserves.

Many Pakistani students have suffered through that and nothing has been done again to make our students aware of that. They are still coming in large numbers and not getting the treatment they deserve
Old Thursday, April 27, 2006

Omer will become famous soon enough
Angry Absolutely Right!!

U r absolutely right.Govt of England is offering pakistani students to study here.I think that its totally a trap to earn money.As an international student we have to pay a lot more than their local students.In pakistani currency it becomes a huge amount.One of my friends in England told me that the fee for a single accountancy paper for a local student is £75 and for us it is £650.Wt a diffence!!! All that is GOODWILL.The minds of our people need to be changed.The England was at sometimes a land of fortune,a land of oppertunities,Bt its not now.Our brilliant minds have to work odd jobs in hotels & shops.I know an Electric engineer from UET who works in a security company as a security man on the door of a retail shop from 2.5 years just to get British Passport.It is a reality that only 5% of students can continue their study,who belong to rich families.The middle class ppl r in a pethatic condition.The laws here just support English ppl.They r not for us.The English treat pakis in a harsh way,terrorrists! They hate us.
In the end I will say that we got freedom from English & push them out of our country,,Bt our ppl go to their country to serve them again.We need to serve our country!!!!!!!!!!
"A man can be as great as he wants to be. If you believe in yourself and have the courage, the determination, the dedication, the competitive drive and if you are willing to sacrifice the little things in life and pay the price for the things that are worthwhile, it can be done."
Old Friday, April 28, 2006
34th Commons (PAAS)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: Account and Audit

Nauman will become famous soon enoughNauman will become famous soon enough

In the aftermath of 9/11, British restricted the entry of foreign students into UK for higher studies. As a result, their revenues fell and they had to increase the fee of the local students. This evoked an uproar and protest against the British government. They then decided to allow generously students' entry to UK to keep the fee of locals under control.

BUT, I must say that if British have achieved excellence in higher education, they DO have a right to charge as much fee as they want. We cannot stop them. All we can and we should do is to enhance level of education in our country so that we save precious foreign exchange.
Banned

THE 1 will become famous soon enough
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omer
In the end I will say that we got freedom from English & push them out of our country,,Bt our ppl go to their country to serve them again.We need to serve our country!!!!!!!!!!
well observed my dear friend. As true as it seems... nevertheless, it simply marks the failure of our consecutive govts who just can't seem to get things under control. according to my observation, 90% of the youth just wanna move abroad because they see no future in Pakistan... The story that they leave behind at home is that they're goin abroad for studies, but in reality, just as Omer bhai pointed out, only 5% actually manage to study there... the rest of the 95% go there in the hope of settling down, though it doesn't just work out for ppl who're more family-oriented than self-oriented. There's too much frustration in our middle class youth back in Pakistan... its like, they've got big dreams but scarcity of opportunities to turn their dreams into reality (its their birthright to dream high, however, the prevailing situation of our beloved land does not seem favorable for dreamers)... so they move out. Gone are the days when the West used to give out passports just like that.... anyways, its upto us to bring about changes in the trends that have been set forth by our negligent rulers who never actually cared for the youth of Pakistan, all they've ever cared for is either their own families or the institution they hail from... whether it be the Dukes of our praiseworthy Military or the Feudal lords... they've used up Pakistan for their personal interests... National interests are pursued only when there's no way out... though most of their personal interests are exhibited as national interests too and our ppl tend to accept it with wild applauses...... nevertheless, our nation has decided to remain in a slumber till i don't know when... i just hope we wake up soon.

Regards,

THE PAKiSTANi DREAM
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Appreciation

Wah boy is on a distinguished road

Dear all salam,

U.K govt is encouraging overseas students to come and study abroad that is 100% correct and well done to U.K govt for that. They are taking the burden of their home students by making overseas students to pay more by their own choice. Honestly speaking I can’t see any thing wrong with that. They are simply helping their students and universities.

HSMP is available to every one and students should benefit from that, they stay in U.K for three years get their degrees pay loads of money and they are allowed to work for 2 years using HSMP, I think that is a way to get the money back they have paid in a form of taxes and other outgoing.

@outlaw: we have discussed that before several time and you know as well as I do that Pakistani students get an idea what will happen when they come here. Why do they still come here, thats another question to be asked??????????? Perhaps u would like to answer that.

I agree with A1 most of the students choose to come here to make the bright careers but obviously that is no longer the case, Our FSP dept have done nothing what so ever about it and same applies to our Govt, nothing has been done from their side.

In all honesty I don’t expect them to do any thing any way and we all know why.

Omer will become famous soon enough
Arrow

This qs should be asked to our politicians & leaders!!!!!!!!!
Its right that our FSP department has done nothing 2 eliminate this factor.Instead,they used to make debates only,nothing practicle!!!!!!!!!
"A man can be as great as he wants to be. If you believe in yourself and have the courage, the determination, the dedication, the competitive drive and if you are willing to sacrifice the little things in life and pay the price for the things that are worthwhile, it can be done."

akhtar mehmood is on a distinguished road
Default The real facts.

Hello everyone,
I have gone through the entire dicussion and comments presented by the all of u people there but i personally thinks that this is not the right exercise to go abroad and stay there working in hotels ,bars and cafes, and to serve them for getting some pounds far from ur family. I think if one is educated and liable to get his livelihood in PAk,then there is no need to go out. This is our country and our first priority should be the prosperity of our country. We should serve our country and living within our limits we should work hard for the betterment of our social conditions as well as economic conditions. Be Frank i think one just goes abraod for getting some economisc prosperity without which life is not sustainable and this is a broaday reality.
I am very first time sending a thread a very junior one. Hoping for correction and some guidline from ur end.
Akhtar Mehmood.